Page 78 of 233 FirstFirst ... 28 687374757677787980818283 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4649
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    HTML5 is just around the corner, but damn it's one long straight road before that corner. HTML5 has a ways to go. You want to talk about W3C, well they have been waiting for it to cross their desk for a while now, and it is years before it really starts to get to the point of replacing Flash IMO. I am not even taking into account the codec battle.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    cringer well said.. but look what just showed up

HTML5
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    lol. Change this part of that comment then... "well they have been waiting for it to cross their desk for a while now" and add "and they just now got it."
    Flash is still here to stay
    HTML 5 has one huge thing wrong with it. It can easily be manipulated to hack into your system. So you ask your self why would apple and google push for it. Well apple does not like flash. there system will not be affected as much as ms or google. Google likes it because they are trying to push the web app category much like the java based open office The problem will html 5 is that it can run code without you even knowing. Flash can not do that it is a boxed in plugin. So when you beloved html 5 hits the mass market ,which it will not until late 2011 or 2012, I will sit back and say I told you it was a bad idea after the hackers get remote access to your system after you visit one of their crafty web sites. Currently, only apple restricts access to key components of your system. This can not be said with the current google os. MS can restrict it as well but you would constantly have to answer yes or no permission screens (what a hassle).

Like they say be careful for what you ask for because you will get your none flash multimedia but you will get a little extra with that pleasure of not having flash.
    For me i would rather keep flash and deal with the very rare computer crash (mainly an apple/mac thing) then to deal with some one hacking my computer & gaining entry into my accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    mihos - your comment was your opinion but much uncalled for.

this thread is about my concerns of having flash baked into a future update, because "I" disagree to honestly abide by adobe's 'end-user (that means me) license agreement'

as for your challenge of an argument... I'll pass your challenge to a group called the W3C.

cheers
    I found nothing wrong with his comment at all. Yes it was his opinion, just as much as yours is. Saying that it was uncalled for for him to voice his opinion was just rude.

But back to the subject at hand, Flash is a product that Adobe profits from. If they released their source then it would be much harder for them to make that profit. Do you also expect Microsoft to open their source before you use a Windows computer or Microsoft Office?

Anyway I respect the drive toward open web standards for everything, but there's no reason that we can't have both.

Also, I was under the impression that flash would be baked into 1.4. I could be wrong though.
    McAfee Newsroom: McAfee Labs Predicts Facebook, Twitter Will Be Platforms of Choice for Emerging Threats
    McAfee Makes HTML5 and Chrome OS Look Scary | Web Builder Zone

here some links for you
    now maybe you think you know more than mcafee but rest assured you are not privy to as much security knowledge as mcafee.

now Since you are scared of confrontation be carefull what you ask for because if you think that comment the other guy gave you was up front, you are in for a treat because i will really make you cry.
    second stop spreading misinformation about flash. it is a plugin you have the option so stop spreading that lie. webos is being optimized for flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    now Since you are scared of confrontation be carefull what you ask for because if you think that comment the other guy gave you was up front, you are in for a treat because i will really make you cry.
    Are you twelve years old? This is not the place to make threats and throw your testosterone around. All new technologies and platforms are open to threats until they are patched. I completely agree with Flea - new technology can't be dismissed because of problems it 'might' have along the way. He certainly hasn't said anything to provoke such a childish response as this.
    also there is mention of two very small communities mac and linux. Flash works well on both but not as good as it runs on windows. Windows several times more computer share of the market thus it is common sense that adobe would make sure that it runs the best on that platform.

Flash will more than likely work very well on smartphone os -> webos (100%), winmo (100%), BB (100%), and google (100%). Too bad for apple iidiot phones.

Check out the adobe web site to see for yourself. webos will surely shine compared to any other os when flash for smartphones is released. Once it consumes the smartphone market you will surely see the iphone smartphone market share drop. Html 5 will be a bad memory for apple and google to play with.

Rest assured that windows will not push html 5 since it will put google in competition with ms office. Push does not suggest it will not support it since ms is not like apple, they will support it but they will not push for the immediate release of html 5 like google and apple.
    Last edited by kingcobra2010; 02/02/2010 at 02:45 PM.
    actually he has -> the other guy commented about his remark then he starts to take offense. Well he tries to comment directly on my statement instead of looking it up for himself. Guess what I will take offense. So unless you can take a comment do not make a comment.
    McAfee Newsroom: McAfee Labs Predicts Facebook, Twitter Will Be Platforms of Choice for Emerging Threats

here some links for you
    now maybe you think you know more than mcafee but rest assured you are not privy to as much security knowledge as mcafee.

You are aware that Flash vulnerabilities exist as well?
    yes but there is a huge difference in the amount of damage a person on flash can make basically they can crash your computer. There is very little to no ability for remote control of your pc or installation of software. Now pdf are a little more open and can be attacked. Html 5 can easily be made to set your computer for remote access and they can obtain personal material. They will also be able to crash you computer. So basically flash hacks can create programs that crash your computer while html 5 hacks allow for remote access, obtaining personal info & files, and also crashing your computer. Take your pick which one you want.
    also with flash you can set it up to run the flash versus not running (allow plugins). Guess what HTML 5 will run whether you like it or not.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Either way, we all have feelings about it. and for the most part, good debate.

No offense intended for anyone, and I'll set the record straight - none taken. Just dont issue an ultimatum for someone to accept a eula or pay some consequence. One could perceive that as not nice.

I am enjoying the contrast of different opinions here, and I hope that we all can find a medium to satisfy us all.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

here some links for you
    Did you actually read these articles??

it clearly states:
    When you dive deeper into McAfee's threat predictions, there's no hard data or explanation behind the broad assertions they make:
    because full html 5 is not out yet. based on the specs that was presented for html 5 it is expected that there will be huge problems.Until it is released it is only speculation. It can not happen until the full html 5 is released. Did you read your article??? Full HTML 5 is not out yet.

Put it like this put a gun in criminals hand that has never shot or killed anyone during his or her assault. Just because there has been no prescendant I rather not want to find out if that person will shot anyone.

see the problem is that you do not understand computer language or probably very little computer experience. If you did, you could clearly see that html 5 has huge potential for damage. Basically you are taking away there 6 shooter and you just gave them a fully automatic assault rifle with many rounds.
    Reverse engineer reverse engineer for those that know CORE is the answer

i give you this that was a nice try waiting for me to sign out so that you can try and post a quick remark.
    Sell that useless html 5 some where else - like apple or google.

Better yet lets see your knowledge base or credentials to go against mcafee?
    Last edited by kingcobra2010; 02/02/2010 at 03:36 PM.
    yea because you do not have a clue what you are talking about.
    2nd you would not present absurd comments about the eula that have no base to stand on.

present your evidence since you like to deal with the facts. give us this eula that you misread so well.
    I hate Flash. I have seen so very few examples of it being used well and so many examples of c*** sites with six or eight Flash files to make up the entire site.

The Web would be a better place without it!

Now Flashblock for Firefox....that I like!
    there is no problems blocking it but putting something like html 5 as a replacement is absurd ( do not listen to the propaganda that html 5 is better because it is only better for apple and google, but 100% worse than flash for the regular pc/mac/etc user)

obviously you guys like the idea of loosing your privacy or having your computer hacked or your bank records stolen. Maybe that aspect makes you feel real and you like that feeling that your life can be destroyed by someone in another country without you knowing.

For me that feeling of have my pc as an easy attack point does not help me sleep at night. Call me old fashioned but I would rather keep my pc security.

I guess i am different and being hacked should be a way of life that we all should enjoy.
    I will take a computer crash any day versus being hacked since for me I can easily recover my system which would be different from a hack from html 5 since the program can sit dormant for a long period of time before it actually attacks thus taking away my ability to make an easy recovery.

Administrator for unix means very little.
    Last edited by kingcobra2010; 02/02/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    there is no problems blocking it but putting something like html 5 as a replacement is absurd ( do not listen to the propaganda that html 5 is better because it is only better for apple and google, but 100% worse than flash for the regular pc/mac/etc user)

obviously you guys like the idea of loosing your privacy or having your computer hacked or your bank records stolen. Maybe that aspect makes you feel real and you like that feeling that your life can be destroyed by someone in another country without you knowing.

For me that feeling of have my pc as an easy attack point does not help me sleep at night. Call me old fashioned but I would rather keep my pc security.

I guess i am different and being hacked should be a way of life that we all should enjoy.
    I will take a computer crash any day versus being hacked since for me I can easily recover my system which would be different from a hack from html 5 since the program can sit dormant for a long period of time before it actually attacks thus taking away my ability to make an easy recovery.

Administrator for unix means very little.
    Nice little speech - so, I take it you're aware that your Palm phone is built around an HTML5 standard? I guess you've just lost your privacy and had all your bank details stolen. Sucks to be you.
    wrong my phone is not built on html 5. It is built on html and the webkit standard but not html 5. Once again html 5 is not out and will not be out until 2012. Please get the facts correct. The html 5 that is available does not have any real multimedia, standardized file setup that it is expected to have when it is released.

Actually once html 5 is released it will "suck" to be all of us. Note the correction for future reference.