Page 74 of 233 FirstFirst ... 24 646970717273747576777879 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4649
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Yea my older desktop w/an athlon 2800 sounds like it's going to explode every time it loads a flash video. I can't imagine what it'll do to a smartphone.

Anyway people, just be happy they're working with adobe to make flash a possibility, Apple refuses to.
    Heh, you should see what it does to my three year old laptop (which has a Turion 64 x2, so dual core) when I run Flash games in a Linux OS. After a few minutes the processor is maxing out at 1.9 GHz and my two GBs of ram get eaten up.
    well hopefully this flash will be less or a resource hog. i remember reading something about adobe wanting to cut that down
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Heh, you should see what it does to my three year old laptop (which has a Turion 64 x2, so dual core) when I run Flash games in a Linux OS. After a few minutes the processor is maxing out at 1.9 GHz and my two GBs of ram get eaten up.
    Could possibly be a Linux thing then. Is this a known issue?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatman View Post
    WMA is still used globally for many streaming radio sites, many of which I'd like access to, especially Rivals Radio. Palm and Adobe are working together on Flash, and Palm is the company that announced it would be coming in beta soon and would be in 1.4 when it is released in February. If it is released in February, which I doubt, it will probably be on the last day of the month. Seriously, we have a great phone. But, compared to many other devices, it is lacking in basic needs: voice dialing, voice recording, video recording, codecs, etc. As someone mentioned, yes we will have full flash, but right now other devices can use Flash Lite. I am a Palm ****** just like most of you, but I am also a realist.
    A couple things.

I believe developers already have 1.4, they just can't talk about it. Once it's finalized, they'll release it.

Palm has a trend of releasing an update about every ~6 weeks for the pre since it launched. What proof do you have to think it won't hit in Feb? It will likely hit around mid-Feb.

Those are not my basic needs. They would be nice to have but if I needed them, I'd switch to another phone.

Flash is on Adobe. Palm provides support but Adobe must get Flash working well, not Palm.

You are being real for your needs. Just because others don't have the same needs doesn't mean they aren't realist.

You'd enjoy your phone more if you got one that could do what you need right now, rather than waiting for the update to what you need. This phone handles the things I need. The things I want, I can wait for. That's different.
    as long as we get the option to disable flash while browsing, I think this will be a great thing when it comes out. It will certainly open up the web browsing possibilities. If we can't disable it then it will be horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    And to be totally honest, I'm not even all that interested in Flash on my Pre. Flash is a resource pig, and honestly is more trouble than it's worth.
    The comming Flash is a different flash version.
    It's got whole new structure to fit all platform from PC to mobile device.
    Unlike flash lite, flash designer don't have to compile 2 versions for pc and mobile device. One version fits all.

The new flash player on pc will unleash best performance. And mobile flash player(Pre version) will optimize visual effect and image quality to keeps flash running smoothly.
    That's why adobe spend a lot of time to create this version.
    I will wait to see what adobe can do about new flash.
    Last edited by neosubway; 01/29/2010 at 11:56 AM.
    This is what I get on my Pre!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    This is what I get on my Pre!

It's been saying that for months.
    Point is... "First Half Of 2010"

They have until end of June again!

I want to see it as well as anyone.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I did hear a rumor that it will be released on Feb. 29th...but the guy looked a little shady so not sure I would put too much into it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I believe developers already have 1.4, they just can't talk about it. Once it's finalized, they'll release it.
    I know that most developers don't have flash yet. No comment on the 1.4 statement.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    February 29th? That does not happen until 2012 right??? LMAO.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Yea my older desktop w/an athlon 2800 sounds like it's going to explode every time it loads a flash video. I can't imagine what it'll do to a smartphone.

Anyway people, just be happy they're working with adobe to make flash a possibility, Apple refuses to.
    ya know i gotta agree with the later on this and why are we always compairing apple no one said anything about apple we are referring to windows mobile and the skyfire screw apple

as for palm and adobe they need to be more decisive and give a determined date for these things and stop the damn games already
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Palm is doing the work in webOS to enable Flash. Adobe is responsible for Flash itself. In all of the presentations to date, Adobe has characterized the February release as beta. I signed up early for the beta and have heard zilch.

webOS seems to be Adobe's flagship platform, so both Adobe and Palm are probably taking a "whatever it takes" attitude with respect to resources and quality assurance. Beta won't be available until both companies are completely satisfied that the hype and reality are in-sync, and that the Flash "experience" in webOS is as close to flawless as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    I did hear a rumor that it will be released on Feb. 29th...but the guy looked a little shady so not sure I would put too much into it.
    Hey, that's my line....
    I wasn't aware until Derek Kessler's article today that WebOS 1.4 was required for Flash.

Flash 10.1 will not come built into webOS 1.4. The new version of webOS will come with support for the Flash plug-in, which will be available for free from the App Catalog. Additionally, it’s going to be Adobe’s call as to when the Flash plug-in makes its way to the App Catalog.
    I had assumed (wrongly so) that the flash beta was coming before 1.4. And it seems like others made the same wrong assumption.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I know that most developers don't have flash yet. No comment on the 1.4 statement.
    I was just reminded in another thread that some updated apps already state compatibility with 1.4, which would mean some developers have already tested 1.4
    As most already know, 1.4 was seeded to developers. We can't tell you what it contains, but Palm said 1.4 in Feb, and I doubt they'll miss their mark.

As far as Flash goes, considering webOS will be one of the first phones to support it, you can't really complain about the timeframe. I would MUCH rather have a solid version of Flash running on my phone than a buggy/inefficient version slowing down my browsing just to get it out faster.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I'm thinking about getting the Pixi from Verizon, so I was wondering if it could view flash?

What kind of processor does it have?

And at what speed does it connect to the internet?

Thanks!!!!
    It can not do flash currently, there are no dates for flash to be available on the Pixi, the Pre is expected to have flash sometime in february.

The pixi has a nice processor, webos is designed to run at 500Mhz.

It connects to the internet at 3G speeds (1-3Mbps), and the Pixi Plus can connect to Wifi, but there is a patch available in the Preware community which should increase wifi download speeds greatly, I think it was reported around 5-15Mbps.

Specifics can be found by using the search feature included in this forum.