Page 73 of 233 FirstFirst ... 23 636869707172737475767778 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 4649
    I read quite a bit of differences of opinion about Flash on mobile devices. There are a couple of websites that post "Flashlite" compatible phones (all nokia's) but when I'm read in their forums, I get even more confused.

heres some more confusion...
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10443090-1.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Crave

ipad ran from adobe (or apple in general) so, I realize apple wants nothing to stop their blazing speeds (multitasking, flash) but why would maemo's version of firefox by mozilla decided to drop it yet nokia's phone claim compatibility, is it in the UI?

I remember reading that we are able to download it from the app. cat, when release (flash plugin) and I would imagine uninstall it too, but is the first gen Pre going to be up to the challenge?

I constantly reboot after webleak websurfing (facebook), or after we play heavy games in 3d (kids), but if flash is going to do what regular facebook or those wonderful gamelofts games, do to my Pre (too many cards)... (orange) + sym + R isn't going to cut it and I'm going to need a reset BUTTON... (click)
    Flash lite is basically an old version of flash stripped of everything but the most basic, and has a tendency to always run horribly.

The flash the webos is getting is 10.1 which is the same as you currently can get on the computer. That mean every flash-based page should be viewable when it comes out.

The reason that most have not succeeded so far have been partially they decide to implement it without Adobe's full support/help, which is different with 10.1 as adobe is now developing it and works with the device manufacterors. The reason it's possible is becuase it'll be gpu excellerated, which current flash isn't (have you ever tried to run one of the better videos/games on high and it still acts slow even on a modern computer).

The reason you have to restart so often is a memory management issue, not necessarily a hardware capability issue, which considering how much it has caused a problem with the 3D games you should expect some optimization come 1.4.

Basically if the beta arrives before 1.4 (though I personally believe it'll arrive with it) it may have some running issues but come 1.4 if they've optimized everything correctly you should experience a much better running environment in general.
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I figure like everything else they have had certain cutbacks in staff. I would rather wait for it to be ready but then again I know how fun it is to have something zero day. The company I work for is always late even before our cutbacks.
    Thank you Dobeck, that makes alot of sense. I was just trying to figure out why it has the 'lite' tag.

the memory management 'issue' has become the norm for me because of my web rides, that reboot is often, and I hope not for long...

I would assume each flashable object will become a link to activate rather than invading our pages, but optimization in the form of flash or the whole browser in general? The latter I hope. I would imagine Palm probably has to upgrade the browser, (rewrite/update) dramatically.

can't wait till 1.4...
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I'd think the more important question is why do people always create these, "Where is noun, they said it'd be out before timeframe, even though there has been no official date for noun to arrive and timeframe hasn't ended yet!

go ahead and play madlib on that one.
    ok. Here we go... (madlib)

1) Pre2
    2) Foleo (prePad) (not time frame but fits)
    3) Pre2
    4) year of my contract
    Why doesn't adobe hurry like palm so we can create a hundred early adopter complaining threads.

Personally, I think adobe should take their time. If you rush things, you end up with an $700 e-reader. (yeh, I said it)
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    ohh and slingmedia has a flash login on their site to loggon your slingbox
    this is one that i'm sure a lot of ppl are waiting for to be able to access with their pre!!

cant wait!!!
    So, it was announced in the summer of 2009 that we would have Adobe Flash by the end of the year. On 1/6, it was said that we would have it "soon". Well, today is 1/29/09, and it is still not here. I am beginning to think that it is fool's gold... the dangling carrot to keep us hanging on. 1.4 is supposed to be out in February. I seriously doubt that it will happen -- it will probably be March or later. I love the Pre, but not being able to record audio and video (without precorder), not having WMA streams, and the whole flash deal has really started to disappoint.
    I kinda feel the same way. But we just have to wait.
    I have to agree
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatman View Post
    So, it was announced in the summer of 2009 that we would have Adobe Flash by the end of the year. On 1/6, it was said that we would have it "soon". Well, today is 1/29/09, and it is still not here. I am beginning to think that it is fool's gold... the dangling carrot to keep us hanging on. 1.4 is supposed to be out in February. I seriously doubt that it will happen -- it will probably be March or later. I love the Pre, but not being able to record audio and video (without precorder), not having WMA streams, and the whole flash deal has really started to disappoint.
    What is sooner, February 2010 or November 2010? In this comparison February is soon to me while November is not. 4-5 weeks is not a tremendous amount of time. Just because it didn't come out the next week does not in any way indicate that Palm will all of the sudden not meet any of their announced dates. They have done very well with giving us 9 updates since the phone came out. Relax, in a few weeks time you will end up with 1.4 and Flash and all will be fine and dandy. Although you could always go to one of those other phones out there running Flash 10.1.....oh wait, nevermind.
    PATIENCE PEOPLE! i remember everyone was saying the same thing about the app catalog coming outta beta and apps coming.....after a bit they did. ppl need to relax and take their Ritalin
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    And to be totally honest, I'm not even all that interested in Flash on my Pre. Flash is a resource pig, and honestly is more trouble than it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    And to be totally honest, I'm not even all that interested in Flash on my Pre. Flash is a resource pig, and honestly is more trouble than it's worth.
    Yea my older desktop w/an athlon 2800 sounds like it's going to explode every time it loads a flash video. I can't imagine what it'll do to a smartphone.

Anyway people, just be happy they're working with adobe to make flash a possibility, Apple refuses to.
    I'd rather wait the few extra weeks and receive a functional product, then getting something today that's complete crap, and is only a disappointment. The influx of 3d games has also satiated me for the time being. Just my opinion though, everyone has their own needs with these devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatman View Post
    You are confusing companies. The "end of the year" and "soon" was promised by Adobe. Their failed promises (though only one was failed, we're still pretty much into "soon") really have nothing to do with Palm. Palm shouldn't be held responsible for Adobe's slowness.

So, you're basing "I seriously doubt that it will happen" is based on someone else's promises??? Odd...
    It's Jan.28th and you're saying that Feb is too long to wait??
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Two of your complaints have nothing to do with Palm. Adobe is the one who hasn't released flash yet. Also, should Palm pay licensing fees to Microsoft for what is arguably a dead format (WMA)? In my opinion, no.

The third? Well, Palm gave a timeline of February for 1.4 and it's still January. So I think we're ok there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Two of your complaints have nothing to do with Palm. Adobe is the one who hasn't released flash yet. Also, should Palm pay licensing fees to Microsoft for what is arguably a dead format (WMA)? In my opinion, no.

The third? Well, Palm gave a timeline of February for 1.4 and it's still January. So I think we're ok there.
    WMA is still used globally for many streaming radio sites, many of which I'd like access to, especially Rivals Radio. Palm and Adobe are working together on Flash, and Palm is the company that announced it would be coming in beta soon and would be in 1.4 when it is released in February. If it is released in February, which I doubt, it will probably be on the last day of the month. Seriously, we have a great phone. But, compared to many other devices, it is lacking in basic needs: voice dialing, voice recording, video recording, codecs, etc. As someone mentioned, yes we will have full flash, but right now other devices can use Flash Lite. I am a Palm ****** just like most of you, but I am also a realist.
    not sure why f-a-n-b-o-y was starred out, but whatever.