Page 70 of 233 FirstFirst ... 20 606566676869707172737475 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    It would seem logical that the Beta would be available no earlier than the Pre+ launch on Verizon (Jan 25th).

i was gonna say that same thing....i expect flash beta to release with the palm pre plus and verizon
    Just wondering what you guys think about flashing coming to WebOS as well as android and whoever else. I understand that we will be able to play some games and watch flash based movies and all that. But is it really going to be as huge of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Doesn't winmo have flash. If they do, I have never heard from anyone that uses winmo talking about how awesome it is to have flash on their phone. I'm excited about it and any added functionality palm gets on their phones is cool with me but I just feel like its not going to be as big of a game changer as some try and make it out to be.

Also, will flash on our phones open the gates to annoying ads that slow down the phone and potentially make it much easier to get viruses on the phone. I am not super technical with this stuff so any insight would be appreciated
    I happen to believe that Flash on a mobile platform is a pretty big deal. There are many, many websites out there that use Flash. Some people may not care for them, but others do; there's more video content out there than just Youtube, and there are many other kinds of sites that for ill or good happen to use Flash.

Personally, I develop apps that simulate certain processes, particularly in manufacturing and packaging operations. The best simulations are always the ones that run on Flash; you just can't beat it for full, fluid interactivity within a browser, especially when they contain many photos (well, you can beat it by creating a native OS app, but that defeats the purpose of using a web application in the first place). Being able to pull out a phone and demonstrate one of my samples to someone when I bump into them by chance is a very big (scratch that, it's a huge) deal to me.

As for opening the phone up to virus, malware and the like, if Adobe messes up the plugin then yea, there could be vulnerabilities out there, but it all comes down to how many are actually interested in exploiting them. However, I hope that the way Palm coded webOS and the way they work this out with Adobe minimizes risk.

As for annoying Flash ads, that's just the way it is. Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad. Anyway, once this is out working, I'm sure there will be a patch or app or something developed by the community to hide annoying ads. Also, do keep in mind that truly bad or damaging ads are simply bad coding by the ad developer and crap quality control by the webmaster. I wouldn't allow ads that don't meet certain guidelines in any website that I run.
    Whats the legal problem/issue of Hulu working on the Pre? If there was an issue of advertisements not loading then I could see one perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Let's be honest and blunt here....the MAIN reason a lot (maybe even MOST) people want flash on their mobile devices is PURELY and SIMPLY p0rn....

I get streaming video + option to download online already. Don't need Flash.
    Hit me up...
    Don't wanna post link on here
    oh yeah
    I had no idea flash could do this.

Freestyle Snowboard - Sports Games at Miniclip.com - Play Free Games

Age of Speed 2 - Motorsports Games at Miniclip.com - Play Free Games
    I'm pretty sure you need more than just flash to do that. You need Adobe Shockwave Player.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomo4308 View Post
    Whats the legal problem/issue of Hulu working on the Pre? If there was an issue of advertisements not loading then I could see one perhaps.
    they just dont allow it. they blocked the ps3 browser from using it as well as mobile browsers like skyfire.

hulu has a stick up the ***
    It's not Hulu's fault. It's the content providers.
    it means more playable games than the iphone plus movies on the go..
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    What will Flash mean to the Pre?

...a completely dead battery, ...in about an hour.

same as LensCrafters. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Let's be honest and blunt here....the MAIN reason a lot (maybe even MOST) people want flash on their mobile devices is PURELY and SIMPLY p0rn....
    **** hub...just like youtube already works
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The best Flash games of the past decade:

The best flash games of the past decade Playedonline games blog
    Nobody cares about this. Where's the **** sites? JK

Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwm3 View Post
    Nobody cares about this. Where's the **** sites? JK

Thanks for the link.
    ahahah this made me lol, also how they *'ed it out
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    this sounded like an 'end of the world' post. Flash is coming... the end is neigh...
    hahaha funny stuff here
    Here is a couple more that I got from a Digg article a while back. Look pretty good.

Casual Encounters--22 Flash Games Worth Getting Addicted To | Maximum PC
    all I have to say is Newgrounds.com — Everything, By Everyone

Best place in the world for flash animations and games.

Several of those games are newgrounds originals.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    all I have to say is [url= — Everything, By Everyone[/url]

Best place in the world for flash animations and games.

Several of those games are newgrounds originals.
    I only liked Newgrounds back in high school years ago... Kongregate.com is the best IMHO