Page 7 of 233 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Adobe and Palm are supposedly working on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    When I bought my pre I was told that there is a flash player installed in the phone. So far, not one website is playing a thing. Is there something that I have to enable in the phone for it to work.

When I read about the pre it said that they signed a deal for Adobe 10. So why isn't it working?
    And where did you hear and read these things? Was there also information about alien technology, by any chance?
    Palm Pre Will Run Flash, Adobe Finally Admits

When Palm announced the Pre smartphone at CES in January, Newsweek's Dan Lyons -- briefed in advance on Palm's new product -- had one detail no one else did: That Palm's phone would run Flash, Adobe's animation and video software. Since then, neither company has talked about it. Until now.

At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Adobe announced that Palm is joining its "Open Screen Project" -- basically a bunch of companies that will support Flash on devices like phones, PCs, and TVs. Adobe also announced that a Flash player for Palm's WebOS -- its new operating system for smartphones like the Pre -- is in the works.
    The only thing Palm has ever said about Flash is by the end of the year.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Now Sun Microsystems needs to get on board the Pre boat!
    The browser on the pre is fast but ok. Reminds me of google's. Skyfire was the only browser that looked like a desktop version of the web. I wonder if other browsers will be available for webos?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Flash by the end of the year, as reported for a while now.
    The flash is right above the camera lens.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Oh, good, it wasn't just me who had the same reaction to this post, heberman.
    I was wondering when they would get it also and hadn't been able to find anything about it other than "Adobe says the Pre will have Flash". Thanks Dave75.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    too bad it wasn't ready for launch with a couple apps or games to show it off.
    I'm excited about this too.
    When is it expected to hit the Pre?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Any ideas how the battery and heat will hold up to Flash?

My laptop temps spike anytime I'm watching Flash video.
    My first thought is it won't be that soon because if it was that close to being complete why not just wait another couple weeks to release the Pre with Flash already on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdominick View Post
    My first thought is it won't be that soon because if it was that close to being complete why not just wait another couple weeks to release the Pre with Flash already on it.
    Well, for one thing, they had to deliver by the end of June to avoid missing their 1H09 launch window.
    Any thoughts on whether or not flash would allow the Pre to access Hulu? Just a thought.
    Since Hulu is Flash-based, my initial response would be yes. But then, I don't believe the version of Flash coming to the Pre will be a full version of Flash, but rather some "lite" variant.
    I see no reason why Hulu wouldn't work unless they somehow blocked it on the phone.