Page 69 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4649
    to be fair, they said it was arriving before 2010, and? nothing as of yet, whats the point in releasing a beta, 2 weeks before they release 1.4, with flash build in! I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe don't release the beta and just include full support in 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    to be fair, they said it was arriving before 2010, and? nothing as of yet, whats the point in releasing a beta, 2 weeks before they release 1.4, with flash build in! I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe don't release the beta and just include full support in 1.4
    Adobe announced it was coming before 2010 (to multiple devices).

The difference is Palm finally announced it was coming shortly.
    When it's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    There is no point complaining about it. We've been waiting for months now. Just gotta live with it lol. Just be happy we have a definite confirmation that it'll be here with 1.4
    flash beta will be released before the full Flash is released. does that help?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Does anyone know the when the palm pre is launching on Sprint? I have heard 06/06/09 but would like a confirmation.
    sarcastic much
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Since the next update (1.4) is coming in Feb. I just assumed we would have the flash beta by now... what is taking so long!
    I think this was a fairly innocent and reasonable question, we're all eager to know. And some peeps may be privy to info from Adobe, or have picked up a scent from palm since CES
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Adobe announced it was coming before 2010 (to multiple devices).

The difference is Palm finally announced it was coming shortly.
    fair enough...

BTW, how much of an advertisement was the Adobe Flash video on the palm pre....their really not liking Apple atm
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Last official word was: "Soon"
    First, this is a forum for mobile phones DO NOT expect perfect grammar, must of us are on our phones (like I am now).

Second, don't appreciate the negative posts. I know there is no official word but thought we could have some fun with speculation.
    Last edited by gianthobbit; 01/19/2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Worthless side note: Flash was originally created to be a cartoon animator's tool for the web; its interface used frame by frame scenes to create "movies". It still has this at its very core, but, has evolved into a complex programming environment.
    Having a 5 year old, I know that Wow Wow Wubbzy is entirely done in Flash. For those wonderin what the hell I am talking about, its a cartoon on NickJr.

And yes, I agree with the statement about Flash being CPU intensive. I cringe to see what battery drain is going to be like. I know just from using my Dell Mini with the Atom processor and 2GB of RAM, it almost chokes when I open up a web page that is Flash intensive, like ESPN. A very obvious slow down while it renders the page.

Regardless, Pre + Flash + **** = w00t!!!!!!!
    It would seem logical that the Beta would be available no earlier than the Pre+ launch on Verizon (Jan 25th).
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    i hate the grammar police lol that's why firefox's spellchecker is my best friend
    Last edited by VenpaCasa; 01/19/2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: smiley
    This version of flash is the newest version, and it takes advantage of the GPU, so it's much less CPU (and therefore battery) intensive. That's one of the reasons it's being ported to phones. It will also help with your Dell Mini, if you don't already have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Wow, you're right. That's new. I wonder if it was a Vimeo change,
    or a Pre change, or both. Someone should have made a big deal of it.

Now everyone go check out The Third and the Seventh on Vimeo. (99.9% CGI)

ian
    it's a vimeo thing. they have an option when you upload to make it available to mobile browsers, from what i understand (have not done it, just read an article earlier today about it). so, not all content will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    i hate the grammar police lol that's why firefox's spellchecker is my best friend
    I find Chrome to be a much better browser all over, the spell-check is also a plus, if you haven't given it a good look over you probably should. It's faster, much less prone to crashing (when it does it's just a tab), the html5 runs better, javascript runs better, the Universal Bar is amazing, and if your developer of any kind, pretty much all the useful add-ins for firefox are included in chrome (and there are a few quality extensions in chrome as well), and one of the biggest plus-es is it isn't constantly bothering you with overbearing update reminders.

And I'm with the guy about the Jan 25th because of the Verizon release.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Does anyone know the when the palm pre is launching on Sprint? I have heard 06/06/09 but would like a confirmation.
    It's only 999 years until 3009, stop being so impatient.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    hulu will not work on your mobile phone. It use to work with skyfire on windows mobile and they pulled it. They say it's not meant for mobile phone use and will not allow it. Maybe it will work for a little bit till they figure how to block you from using it. I about teared up when they cut hulu from skyfire because with my touch pro I would run tv out and watch hulu shows on the big screen. Then it all came to a screeching halt in about june of last year.
    was just going to say, Hulu will have us blocked within a week if it works

But i have faith a dev will find a workaround to have our browser appear as a genuine desktop and force Hulu to work again
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    It would seem logical that the Beta would be available no earlier than the Pre+ launch on Verizon (Jan 25th).
    This makes perfect sense, we will probably have to wait until then.