Page 68 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4649
    I hope so to I want flash already .I can't wait
    it has been kinda quite on the palm front....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    yes it has been quite to quite...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just wondering if there is any reason why a app can't be wrote in flash once it's supported ?

I've not done much with java but have played with flash. I would be after writing a homepage card type thing with movable widgets on it.

thanks

Steve
    I'm just talking from what I know, but the Adobe Flash compatibility we will be getting only supports the browser. Think of it exactly as a plugin that aids the browser in incorporating flash objects into the web page. Therefore, in the WebOS environment there is no support for Flash.

I could be wrong, but this is my view.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I am hopeful HULU will work- Netflix works on my desktop using flash- you had to select to be converted over to the silverlight player....
    If I'mn not wrong you can incorporate in an app a web view (like google maps does).
    And incorporate a local flash object in that view.

So it will be probably possible to bundle flash application as packages.
    I actually know nothing about this stuff, but I was under the impression that the entire OS was created using HTML5 which essentially means the WebOS Environment is a browser itself - so this indicates that Flash applications should be able to run natively.

I also could be wrong but this is my view :P
    well at least we will be able to wach precentrals palmcast live
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    From what I can tell Flash will be supported in WebOS via an NPAPI plugin (i.e. your run-of-the-mill browser plugin interface). Plugins such as this *can* be used in WebOS apps written using the Mojo SDK. In fact, this is how the terminal app works.

So it should be trivial to write a Mojo wrapper around a Flash app in much the same way you could write a web page that does nothing but serve up a SWF file. The likely filesystem layout of the app could be as simple as this:

com.mycompany.myflashapp/appinfo.json
    com.mycompany.myflashapp/index.html
    com.mycompany.myflashapp/myflashapp.swf
    com.mycompany.myflashapp/icon.png

...and index.html would be nothing more than a wrapper just like a regular web page.
    -Riskable
    http://riskable.com
    "I have a license to kill -9"
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'll just be happy that I'm getting even more of an internet browser than an iPhone. I believe since this is pretty much the second best browser (WebOS), this will push it to that #1 spot (atleast for me).
    ...a little TOO quiet.

(sorry...couldn't resist.)
    Looking forward to the potential this might unlock. Flash apps can be garbage but done well they are very powerful.
    It's an interesting project, but I doubt it will ever be usable, especially on a mobile device. Without GPU acceleration, even a native Flash plugin would be too slow.
    yeah, a little TOO raph...
    Since the next update (1.4) is coming in Feb. I just assumed we would have the flash beta by now... what is taking so long!
    It will get here when it gets here...sheesh... They've announced its coming, why act like a two year old?
    Even some two year olds know how to use appropriate punctuation with their questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    It will get here when it gets here...sheesh... They've announced its coming, why act like a two year old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Even some two year olds know how to use appropriate punctuation with their questions.
    Just harsh.lol