Page 66 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4649
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Umm... FTP, Pokerstars, etc's clients are NOT FLASH BASED. You won't be able to play them on the pre when the flash plugin comes out.

You can't compile wine for arm, either. Wine wasn't meant for non-x86 cpus.

Wine Is Not (an) Emulator

Wine doesn't emulate an x86 cpu, it merely provides the functionality of the win32api The program code isn't converted/translated, it runs natively.

Wine's not that kind of emulator

What -may- be possible is being able to play on private servers that use Poker Mavens server software from Briggsoft. I run that at home and will be very curious to see if I can manage to play poker with my friends via my Pre. Not holding my breath tho.
    Last edited by ssrjazz; 01/15/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Thanks for the clarification ssrjazz.. It didn't even occur to me that wine wasn't an emulator, even though it is something I already knew. d'uh
    I thought flash was only goin to work in the browser enviroment.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    well then i guess thats a big fat NO THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you use the word "Download" you can assume no.
    Unless Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet, Poker Stars, etc... release a WebOS app (which would be awesome, btw) then no.

What I am hoping is that I'll be able to play the Zynga poker on facebook, since that does run on Flash inside the browser.
    Not sure if this was mentioned but if you double click flash elements the flash goes full screen... Try it out next time you see that missing plug-in picture double tap on it and it will go fullscreen, swipe back to exit fullscreen.. anyway flash is coming now i can watch prn everywhere! lol
    That's with regular pix also, like jpg's. It's not new and has nothing to do w/the coming flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's with regular pix also, like jpg's. It's not new and has nothing to do w/the coming flash.
    You're wrong I've had this phone since it released... When you double tap an image it just zooms in.. when u double tap flash elements it goes FULLSCREEN and locks in place..
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    You're wrong I've had this phone since it released... When you double tap an image it just zooms in.. when u double tap flash elements it goes FULLSCREEN and locks in place..
    I've had it since june too.
    Gimme a site to check, so i can see what ur talkin' about.
    I've had it since june too.
    Gimme a site to check, so i can see what ur talkin' about.

check it out scroll down to the video(flash) and double tap.. prepare to be amazed

The Spotted Pig | Photos and videos
    I noticed that a day or so back also. It does the same thing as in Adobe's Flash on the Pre demo videos. All that is lacking is the actual flash player.
    check it out scroll down to the video(flash) and double tap.. prepare to be amazed

[url= Spotted Pig | Photos and videos[/url]
    Ahh hah! That is different then what I thought you were describing.
    Nice. It looks like it's almost ready.
    ha this is great loll can't wait for flashhh
    the only thing im really hoping for is a flash off switch soo i can use flash only when i need it... Really what website really uses flash anymore for content (other then video)? I dont need my Pre being bogged down with crappy flash ads :/
    the only thing im really hoping for is a flash off switch soo i can use flash only when i need it... Really what website really uses flash anymore for content (other then video)? I dont need my Pre being bogged down with crappy flash ads :/
    Only when you need it, huh?
    LOL (just remembered ur OP)
    Only when you need it, huh?
    LOL (just remembered ur OP)
    Lol like i said only when i need it
    Totally agree, if not something official...I'm sure our smart homebrew/patch community will add the functionality real fast..
    I've heard on an engadget podcast that some palm folks said it will be possible to turn it on and off.