Page 65 of 233 FirstFirst ... 15 556061626364656667686970 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by sth fatal View Post
    where did you hear that the beta is only for pres?
    Palm said during the speech at CES that the Flash beta was coming soon to the Pre. Engadget also said something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    If rumors are correct you will also be able to disable flash if indeed you don't want it to drain up your battery faster. I only see pro's here if that is indeed the case. Just ordered a new 2600 battery for this and 3D gaming.

P.S. .. ... Damn should I have gone with the 3800 Mugen battery?
    I do hope there is a way to disable flash when you don't need it. That way all the flash based advertisements on most websites won't be so annoying
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    hmm..so we are all assuming it's ONLY for the pre correct? Makes sense since nothing was announced for the pixi.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    If rumors are correct you will also be able to disable flash if indeed you don't want it to drain up your battery faster. I only see pro's here if that is indeed the case. Just ordered a new 2600 battery for this and 3D gaming.

P.S. .. ... Damn should I have gone with the 3800 Mugen battery?
    how much did you pay for the battery? And how much is the 3800?
    I uploaded the video on youtube

Yep, this is the first palm pre plus showing off flash (for just a few seconds - at the end of the video).

Anyway, this video is nice. The palm guy seems to know a bit more than the black girl seen in every other videos. Plus, you can watch a palm pre with two memory-hungry games launched.

any news dieter? Did you get to play with a version of the Palm Pre with flash? I assume Logmein was the last thing on your mind, but I'm REALLY curious.
    This and slingbox's flash streaming, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    This and slingbox's flash streaming, please!
    yea, i'd be interested to see that too, though the Slingbox flash streaming was already confirmed sometime during CES. Logmein as far as I know hasn't been mentioned at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    same here... other than random flash games, Logmein is one of the primary reasons I'm excited about flash. Not sure how the interface will work without a mouse, but it should at least work better than the html version. Hopefully logmein will add some kind of onscreen buttons for the flash version.
    +1 I use it all time.
    How does logmein make money with its free service? Ads? Or do they push you to sign up with a Pro account after you sign up for the free one? Forgive the ignorance but it seems like a really powerful service and I'm surprised it's free for personal use. What's the catch?
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    How does logmein make money with its free service? Ads? Or do they push you to sign up with a Pro account after you sign up for the free one? Forgive the ignorance but it seems like a really powerful service and I'm surprised it's free for personal use. What's the catch?
    Yup, you're right, Logmein is a very powerful service. And yes, they're hoping you sign up for a Pro account at the very least. The free version is awesome by itself and allows for flawless control of my PC. It's way better than any VNC client out there. The Pro version is even cooler. It makes your remote computer almost feel like its right there with you. Sound streams perfectly, you can drag and drop files from one computer to another as if they're the same computer, you can print remotely, and a bunch of other really cool features. I don't work for logmein, but I feel like they should pay me for being such a huge advocate for it. :-P They give you 30 days to try Pro when you first sign up and then don't bother you about anything ever. I really appreciate that. I know a bunch of people that have sucked it up and paid for the Pro service though. They also have a bunch of other services for business customers that look great and for IT professionals to work on remote computers. I feel like that's probably where they make the majority of their money.
    I just signed up. I can't believe logmein does wake on LAN. I have in-laws on the other side of the world always calling talking about PC problems...this will make things sooooo much easier. And logging in to home PC from work? Or logging into work PC from home? Yeah. I'm excited to try this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I just signed up. I can't believe logmein does wake on LAN. I have in-laws on the other side of the world always calling talking about PC problems...this will make things sooooo much easier. And logging in to home PC from work? Or logging into work PC from home? Yeah. I'm excited to try this out.
    yup, tons of uses. Specially the log into home PC from work. I can't imagine my life without it which is why i'd be THAT much happier if I had it working from my Pre. Unfortunately I've never gotten wake on LAN to actually work, but I haven't really delved into that. I assume there might be some cable on my network card that needs to be connected like way back when, but I'm not sure. Enjoy it
    Finally tried out Preware yesterday and installed themes and patches... I love my Pre THAT much more now! So what am I missing now? Logmein!!! :-(
    once we get flash can we down load full tilt poker and play on the pre?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I'm not sure obviously (I really hope), but believe me... with the opening up of FLash... many thing will be possible
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    once we get flash can we down load full tilt poker and play on the pre?
    An app would have to be written or ported to work in WebOS.

I don't think it would be any real different from the free online poker game in the Palm App Catalog " Card Ace".

And I don't really think we need flash to do it.

I play on PokerStars.net & as far as I can reason the game may work like this. You download & install the game client on your cpu and run it it opens in a Java envierment and then when you join a table to play the game client starts to send information packets to the game server telling it what you want it to do(bet,fold,raise). Then it's registered to the games server, which then sends an information packets back to the game client where their updated & displayed.

I would have to think it would be on the backs of the online poker sites to write or get someone to write an app for webOS.

Now again I'm not 100% sure about this but I play a few online games & this is how it was explained to me.
    for anyone to make an app for any major poker site, they would have to get consent of the company to do so.
    Plus, it would probably cost money if they did agree to make one.
    But, then again it is free on the computer, so who knows.
    I play PokerStars on my linux laptop in wine.. I wonder how feasable it would be to get the client running on the pre using wine compiled for the arm chip?

Anyone have any comments on that? I would love to see a pokerstars client on my phone.