Page 60 of 233 FirstFirst ... 10 505556575859606162636465 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 4649
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    Really? You got screwed? Did you get the specs on the phone you bought? I think you probably did. ....
    No. at the time of purchase(which was 3 days after pixis release) there was no specs. the sales rep said it is the same phone as the pre with a different form factor no wifi and a 2MP camera. the pre was 150$ and the pixi was 100$ which seemed fair as there was no wifi and th 2MP camera. there was also no more information in the store as to any other differences between the phones. so needless to say when 3D games and flash support were demoed on the pre with no mention to the pixi and no 3D games in our app store we were taken by surprise. This is a shock to pixi(webos) customers and one that has not yet, but needs to be addressed by palm.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I have a Pre and the wife has a Pixi (her first smartphone).

She's a Facebook Farmville addict. If it works out that Farmville works on my Pre...but not on her Pixi...oh lord...I'm gonna be on that couch a LONG time!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The Pre and Pixi also have a different CPU architecture. The Pre has an Arm7 instruction set and the Pixi has an Arm6 instruction set.

This is probably why games aren't YET available on the Pixi. The EA guy said they ported the games over in a couple weeks, so they probably just ported the iPhone 3GS version that has the same CPU as the Pre.

Don't jump ship yet guys!

Im a little confused, why would Palm make a new phone that is not as capable as the fisrt one? also was the pixi mentioned at ces? hoping for a little more information at ces tomorrow
    Just making a quick list of things to brag about to people with iphones.

1.Flash Games like miniclip.com or addictinggames.com

2. HULU... right?

3. Yahoo! Games? - Possibly multiplayer?

wat else?
    we don't know how GOOD the flash plugin will run on our Pre hardware. So it could make experiences like the ones you've listed to be slow and choppy.
  6. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Being able to watch videos at Gametrailers.com and most sites that use Flash to deliver content. Hopefully without a performance dip.

This is a huge feature IMO. I just hope the update + plugin hits Europe at the same time as US instead of us having to wait for ages as usual.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    Being able to watch videos at Gametrailers.com and most sites that use Flash to deliver content. Hopefully without a performance dip.

This is a huge feature IMO. I just hope the update + plugin hits Europe at the same time as US instead of us having to wait for ages as usual.
    I feel bad for you guys in europe, i know the 1.3.5 update didnt come out this past week like for sprint cutomers in the US.
    1.4 is a global update. So you are in luck my friend. All to be released same day world wide.
    flash opens a whole new world to us...

my frend is a flash developer and is really looking forward to it.. Not only "minigames" will be available, but also really complex and awards winning games like machinarium or even multitouch RTS games...

and complex applications as the new flash is almost becoming an "upgrade to the operation system it runs on"..

and not forgeting about the possibility to visit flash sites on the browser...
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Flash games generally don't excite me much.
    But if this gives the ability to play videos off other sites such as
    Vimeo, Hulu, etc, then I'll be very happy.

ian
  11. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treetom View Post
    1.4 is a global update. So you are in luck my friend. All to be released same day world wide.
    That is a great news then. Though I still wish we were getting premium apps sooner. It seems cruel right now to have to wait until March before I can enjoy those new 3D games on my Pre. *sigh*
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    I can finaly play my farmtown app on face book using my pre...
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    ohh and slingmedia has a flash login on their site to loggon your slingbox
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Don't forget animated advertisements!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Flash games generally don't excite me much.
    But if this gives the ability to play videos off other sites such as
    Vimeo, Hulu, etc, then I'll be very happy.

ian
    i recently discovered that vimeo videos do, in fact, play on my pre, in fullscreen, just like clicking a youtube video.
  16. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Now if we could only get Silverlight...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Um. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    why?
    Netflix
    Last edited by Mihos; 01/08/2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: -
    Netflix needs to find another secure method other than Silverlight, which is bloated karap. In the meantime, a Silverlight port would be nice.