Page 59 of 233 FirstFirst ... 9 495455565758596061626364 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4649
  1. #1161  
    I've said it before in this thread, I'll say it again.

    Balls...
  2. #1162  
    As long as I can get my sports streams, I'll be happy.
  3. #1163  
    I use a paid video site. And am enjoying it now. luckyvidz.com
  4. #1164  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    As long as I can get my sports streams, I'll be happy.
    oh god this would be amazing
  5. SunYam's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #1165  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yeah im sickened by this. my pixi just went up for sale. im going android.
    I was thinking the last few days if I wanted to return mine for a Android phone. But I decided to wait to see what was said at CES, after reading it all I pretty much said "Hell no I'm not taking the Pixi back!". But now that I'm hearing we may not get all the neat new stuff I'm not too sure again.

    I like the Pixi a lot and like it better than the Pre, but feel we might be getting left out. Hopefully they'll let us know something for sure soon.
  6. #1166  
    Quote Originally Posted by SunYam View Post
    I was thinking the last few days if I wanted to return mine for a Android phone. But I decided to wait to see what was said at CES, after reading it all I pretty much said "Hell no I'm not taking the Pixi back!". But now that I'm hearing we may not get all the neat new stuff I'm not too sure again.

    I like the Pixi a lot and like it better than the Pre, but feel we might be getting left out. Hopefully they'll let us know something for sure soon.
    I was thinking the same thing, I have only had mine since the 23rd of December so have a couple weeks if I want to return it and go a different route.
  7. #1167  
    The Pixi has a 200MHz GPU with OpenGL 2.0 support, just like the Pre. However that does not necessarily translate to a 1:1 performance ratio. Also, since the architecture of the GPU varies from the PowerVR chip in the Pre, some things will have to be ported in order to work on the Pixi.

    I would expect Palm to enable the GPU on the Pixi, including 3D games and Flash. It's just going to take a little more time. Remember, the Pre just got GPU support a couple of weeks ago.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  8. #1168  
    What you all have to understand, though, is that there are limitations based on who you want to stream from. For instance, Netflix was Windows only, IE only, until recently - now you can watch it on a Mac. Still no Linux support, and still no Firefox, because it requires a version of silverlight that doesn't exist yet anywhere else. So palm, and really netflix to a degree, can't be blamed for the lack of netflix streaming. I know Hulu has some limitations as well, but it does run on Linux, so it's a possibility I guess?
  9. #1169  
    I use Netflix on Firefox all the time - I prefer it to IE. It would be great to get it on my Pre!
  10. #1170  
    it better be, if i have to go much longer not being able to watch two naked chicks where ever im at, im going to get real mad and start a thread about how much i hate the pre.
    Pre be with you.

    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

    Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  11. #1171  
    Fisack, you're right, sorry. They recently added Firefox support. The rest of what I said is still true, however. There is no support for even Linux PCs, much less our phones.
  12. #1172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    it better be, if i have to go much longer not being able to watch two naked chicks where ever im at, im going to get real mad and start a thread about how much i hate the pre.
    Haha. Iphone user-agent patch + browser multi-mod patch + pr0n hub mobile site will release some of your stress.
  13. #1173  
    Wow just got my pixi last week on ebay and this is a hugely disappointing to me.......i was torn between the htc hero and the pixi and went pixi due to the form factor and WebOS and owning previous palm phones.................now im afraid i may regret this decision, i thought software wise the two phones (Pre and Pixi) were supposed to be equal, my reason for not getting a pre......im guess i will wait for further clarification, but as of right now, i feel palm has taken a blow to my trust and loyalty in them.........
  14. #1174  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    There is no reason that flash shouldn't work on the pixi. I would wait for confirmation before jumping to conclusions
    +1 the update is for web os not for pre or pixi, lol jeez
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #1175  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    The Pixi has a 200MHz GPU with OpenGL 2.0 support, just like the Pre. However that does not necessarily translate to a 1:1 performance ratio. Also, since the architecture of the GPU varies from the PowerVR chip in the Pre, some things will have to be ported in order to work on the Pixi.

    I would expect Palm to enable the GPU on the Pixi, including 3D games and Flash. It's just going to take a little more time. Remember, the Pre just got GPU support a couple of weeks ago.
    The Pre and Pixi also have a different CPU architecture. The Pre has an Arm7 instruction set and the Pixi has an Arm6 instruction set.

    This is probably why games aren't YET available on the Pixi. The EA guy said they ported the games over in a couple weeks, so they probably just ported the iPhone 3GS version that has the same CPU as the Pre.

    Don't jump ship yet guys!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  16. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #1176  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    the pixi should get more love from palm as it IMO is much better design wise than the pre. really bad move on palms part as the pixi isn't even 2 months old yet.
    How long have you had your precious Pixi???? I've had my Pre for 5 months & have been waiting for Flash & video!!! Go to Android so you can complain about the clunky interface & LACK of smooth, true multitasking.

    WebOS is still in infancy & will be one of the FIRST OS's to even HAVE Flash 10, so get over it. If you are patient enough, maybe, just MAYBE they'll have a Flash version ready for the Pixi....WHEN IT COMES OUT OF BETA!!!!

    Why don't all of you complainers enjoy the freaking amazing victories the Palm community got today!?!?!?!?! We are on the verge of having INCREDIBLE apps coming to us in a month as well as VIDEO RECORDING!!!
    Stop with the negativity!

    If you wanna leave, get out.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/10/2010 at 10:51 AM.
  17. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I am extremely disappointed by this and regretting my purchase, not to mention the fact that all Sprint Pixi customers just got completely screwed by the addition of WiFi to the Pixi Plus on Verizon:

    Live from Palm's CES 2010 press event -- Engadget
    Really? You got screwed? Did you get the specs on the phone you bought? I think you probably did. Was there some agreement that they would never put out an improved model (on any carrier) because since they sold you that one they had an obligation to insure YOU had the latest and greatest?

    Technology moves on....deal with it. Most any computer, phone, printer, car, or any thing else for that matter is obsolete shortly after you buy it. That's how it works, improvements are constantly being put out. You can do one of two things, never buy anything, so what you buy does not get obsolete, or deal with it and buy the latest and greatest again the next time you upgrade and enjoy that for a couple of minutes....
  18. Oducayen's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #1178  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    How long have you had your precious Pixi???? I've had my Pre for 5 months & have been waiting for Flash & video!!! Go to Android so you can complain about the clunky interface & LACK of smooth, true multitasking.

    WebOS is still in infancy & will be one of the FIRST OS's to even HAVE Flash 10, so get over it. If you are patient enough, maybe, just MAYBE they'll have a Flash version ready for the Pixi....WHEN IT COMES OUT OF BETA!!!!

    Why don't all of you complainers enjoy the freaking amazing victories the Palm community got today!?!?!?!?! We are on the verge of having INCREDIBLE apps coming to us in a month as well as VIDEO RECORDING!!!
    Stop with the negativity!

    If you wanna leave, get out.
    If you owned a pixi you would understand the disappointment... not complaining just chalenging palm to be the kind of company that supports all of its products. Palm did not even mention what the future of the pixi is. We (pixi owners) are not sure if our phones are all we(pixi and pre owners) hoped them to be. Pre owners do not get to tell pixi owners to shut up. you got your info and goodys at CES today. we got nothing.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/10/2010 at 10:51 AM.
  19. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #1179  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    im sure in time after flash goes final we will get it on the pixi. either that or it will be ported for us. doesn't matter, i put my pixi up for sale, im done with palm. really sucks verizon gets the better versions too.
    We heard you the first 3 times...now take your ball and go home...we won't miss you. See you on the android forums whining about some cheese over there...
  20. #1180  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I am extremely disappointed by this and regretting my purchase, not to mention the fact that all Sprint Pixi customers just got completely screwed by the addition of WiFi to the Pixi Plus on Verizon:

    Live from Palm's CES 2010 press event -- Engadget
    If my knowledge serves me right, Palm stated that its was Sprint's decision to chop off wifi capabilities... to have different features and choice. If YOUR fault for grabbing a Pixi, sorry bud.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions