Page 58 of 233 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    The Pixi was directed toward a completely different audience... An audience that focuses more on messaging, e-mails, and other tasks that do not require as much of a processor.

If you were looking to do 3D gaming, flash, and all that good stuff, why not get a Pre? x.x
    the pixi is not that different. i notice no difference from when i owned a pre. how are they going to do the 1.4 update for the pixi then. i take it it will be totally different than what the pre gets? will we even get the video at all?
    According to everything I've read, video will be a go. I'd still rather have Flash.

Yet again, Balls. Just balls!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    According to everything I've read, video will be a go. I'd still rather have Flash.

Yet again, Balls. Just balls!
    im sure in time after flash goes final we will get it on the pixi. either that or it will be ported for us. doesn't matter, i put my pixi up for sale, im done with palm. really sucks verizon gets the better versions too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    If you were looking to do 3D gaming, flash, and all that good stuff, why not get a Pre? x.x
    Because the Pre's sliding screen/keyboard is deplorably ********.
    same here... other than random flash games, Logmein is one of the primary reasons I'm excited about flash. Not sure how the interface will work without a mouse, but it should at least work better than the html version. Hopefully logmein will add some kind of onscreen buttons for the flash version.
    From sites like hulu, or channelsurfing.net?

Will this allow us to stream live video content from certain sites?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    great free in the beta stage, warm wonderful fuzzy.. when it comes out of beta i still do not want to pay for it... its simple..
    I would hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    great free in the beta stage, warm wonderful fuzzy.. when it comes out of beta i still do not want to pay for it... its simple..
    Yes, and as it was stated, when it comes 'out of beta' it will be built in to webOS. So it wouldn't be in the catalogue anymore.
    Can we all refrain from just making stuff up to complain about?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    From sites like hulu, or channelsurfing.net?

Will this allow us to stream live video content from certain sites?
    I'd say in general, yes. But, I understand that Hulu limits what can be done on mobile devices. Can't remember where I read that, but Hulu support is one of the things that would be absolutely outstanding...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    After some research I've finally found some official info on whether the PDK and the games will make to the Pixi:

"The Pixi line doesn't have the 3D games or the PDK yet, though Palm told me a PDK for the Pixi line would be coming soon."

Phew. Although I personally don't care about games or Flash, I think it would be a bad move for the Pixi to be so crippled compared to the Pre. Especially because some people (e.g. yours truly) picked it because of the form factor, not because they wanted an "entry-level" smartphone.

Here's the article: Hands On With Palm's Pre Plus and Pixi Plus - Reviews by PC Magazine
    If the bit rate is not too high. Engadget says a trailer preview played but stuttered, so large videos may be viewable but not enjoyable.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by jniemasik View Post
    Phew. Although I personally don't care about games or Flash, I think it would be a bad move for the Pixi to be so crippled compared to the Pre. Especially because some people (e.g. yours truly) picked it because of the form factor, not because they wanted an "entry-level" smartphone.
    My feelings exactly.
    the pixi IS NOT entry level.
    Quote Originally Posted by jniemasik View Post
    After some research I've finally found some official info on whether the PDK and the games will make to the Pixi:

"The Pixi line doesn't have the 3D games or the PDK yet, though Palm told me a PDK for the Pixi line would be coming soon."

Here's the article: Hands On With Palm's Pre Plus and Pixi Plus - Reviews by PC Magazine
    Agreed, Palm still has a bit of stigma to recover from after the Pixi's release, and handing the short end of the stick to its users is not the way to recover. Plus, Sprint was the provider to save Palm from fading, and how do they repay us? Giving exclusivity to Verizon for the newer, better models; Bad move in my opinion. I can understand the need for multiple service providers here in the US, but cutting another off shouldn't be the way to go.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    netflix?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'd say in general, yes. But, I understand that Hulu limits what can be done on mobile devices. Can't remember where I read that, but Hulu support is one of the things that would be absolutely outstanding...
    If they try to stop you from viewing because you're a "mobile device", all you have to do is change the browser user agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    netflix?
    Not unless Netflix comes up with a solution, which I doubt, because you're not getting Silverlight on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    There was a demo video from Adobe that showed videos. Even pauses the video on card.