Page 57 of 233 FirstFirst ... 7 475253545556575859606162 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 4649
    Paying for Flash would be epic FAIL.
    Live free or DIE!
    My understanding is that Flash will be integrated into webos 1.4 and will be available for beta testing from the app catalog "soon". So given that scenario, I would highly doubt that it would be an app we would have to pay for.
    I highly doubt Flash is going to be a paid app. It's free for PC's and I'd bet that it's going to be free for the WebOS.

One thing I want to say is that I hope everyone's expectations aren't set too high for Flash on WebOS. Flash is a highly processor intensive app, although it doesn't seem so on a desktop PC running 2GHz+. We should not be expecting for the browser to run just as smooth with Flash enabled.

I suggest you watch this video released earlier from Adobe showing the Nexus One (which runs on a faster 1GHz Snapdragon processor), and you can see that the experience is a bit laggy.

I want this to be known before they release the Flash beta and everyone complains that it doesn't run 1080P YouTube videos at 60fps.

you won't pay for it, only the beta will be in app store just so those that wanna try it can and those that want to wait can wait.
    I am extremely disappointed by this and regretting my purchase, not to mention the fact that all Sprint Pixi customers just got completely screwed by the addition of WiFi to the Pixi Plus on Verizon:

Live from Palm's CES 2010 press event -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I am extremely disappointed by this and regretting my purchase, not to mention the fact that all Sprint Pixi customers just got completely screwed by the addition of WiFi to the Pixi Plus on Verizon:

Live from Palm's CES 2010 press event -- Engadget
    It's probably a hardware issue, it might be possible at a future time or after beta but they probably would rather surprise Pixi users.

Anyway the Pixi demographic was always the basic-artsy users who fall alongside users of the iPhone.
    yeah im sickened by this. my pixi just went up for sale. im going android.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's probably a hardware issue, it might be possible at a future time or after beta but they probably would rather surprise Pixi users.

Anyway the Pixi demographic was always the basic-artsy users who fall alongside users of the iPhone.
    I would argue that.

Being a Treo convert, the Pre did not appeal to me in any way.
    the pixi should get more love from palm as it IMO is much better design wise than the pre. really bad move on palms part as the pixi isn't even 2 months old yet.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    people i think your overreacting a bit flash is not a big deal we have youtube for that, and Wifi is not neccassary to me I have both pre and pixi and I never use wifi ever with my pre, because i always have a signal where I go with sprint. So the main upgrades with 1.4 optimizing GPU intergrations for pixi and pre, video editing/recording for pixi and pre, 3d games now and so on for pixi and pre, new menu options, faster phones, and better battery life, pixi and pre. I hope that paints a better, and more important picture here.
    There is no reason that flash shouldn't work on the pixi. I would wait for confirmation before jumping to conclusions
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    people i think your overreacting a bit flash is not a big deal we have youtube for that, and Wifi is not neccassary to me I have both pre and pixi and I never use wifi ever with my pre, because i always have a signal where I go with sprint. So the main upgrades with 1.4 optimizing GPU intergrations for pixi and pre, video editing/recording for pixi and pre, 3d games now and so on for pixi and pre, new menu options, faster phones, and better battery life, pixi and pre. I hope that paints a better, and more important picture here.
    WIFI isn't about not having signal.

Flash enables you to purchase and use all the games that they are working with EA on. The games ARE NOT available for the Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    There is no reason that flash shouldn't work on the pixi. I would wait for confirmation before jumping to conclusions
    It was confirmed at the CES Keynote.

That's not to say it won't be coming out eventually, but the Pixi is getting treated like a red-headed step child.
    I'm not sure if Dieter or anyone else will get to play with the Palm Pre they demo'd with flash, but if you do, PLEASE PLEASE try out Logmein! I would really like to see if and/or how well it works on the Pre. Thats one thing I've been missing! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    WIFI isn't about not having signal.

Flash enables you to purchase and use all the games that they are working with EA on. The games ARE NOT available for the Pixi.

It was confirmed at the CES Keynote.

That's not to say it won't be coming out eventually, but the Pixi is getting treated like a red-headed step child.
    agreed, there is no reason for this at all. the pixi just came out and is the 2nd gen webos phone and it is being ignored.
    This will be one of the first things I try out when the Flash Beta is released soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    "11:47AM So the games will only be available for US Pre customers. Sorry Pixi buyers -- you're screwed."

I hope Palm finds a way to make things right for you Pixi owners.. I would feel a bit betrayed.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    The Pixi was directed toward a completely different audience... An audience that focuses more on messaging, e-mails, and other tasks that do not require as much of a processor.

If you were looking to do 3D gaming, flash, and all that good stuff, why not get a Pre? x.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    The Pixi was directed toward a completely different audience... An audience that focuses more on messaging, e-mails, and other tasks that do not require as much of a processor.

If you were looking to do 3D gaming, flash, and all that good stuff, why not get a Pre? x.x
    Actually that's very true... If the Pixi could do everything the Pre could, then why have a Pre? Personally, I'm kinda glad that there is now a bigger divide between Pre and Pixi. Kinda wish Sprint was getting the Pre Plus, but that's ok.
    This does suck. I was looking forward to flash and more apps. I didn't get a Pre because the keyboard having that raised edge around it from the case made the outside keys a pain to use, not to mention the failure rate on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post

Because the form factor sucks.

I could handle no WIFI, but this just sucks.

Balls. Just balls.