Page 51 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4649
    HI, ALL, I FOUND THIS ON THE LA EXAMINERS SITE, TAKE CARE, JAY

When is Flash 10 finally coming to mobile devices?

We are sick and tired of it! For the past few years, mobile users around the world have been promised Flash 10 on their devices. With Flash 10, one could watch embedded video and watch full video programs on sites such as Hulu.com.

Adobe is now promising Flash 10 in early 2010, but don't get your hopes too high. If it does happen, it is rumored to come to the Palm Pre first. However, we bet you it will be delayed again.

Adobe Flash 10 was probably ready a long time ago. However, here's the reason why it hasn't made its way onto devices: Mobile carriers don't want people to eat up more bandwidth! Viewing Flash enabled sites takes up a lot of bandwidth. All of the mobile carriers have been trying to put limits on how much bandwidth people can use. Is it possible that Sprint, Verizon, an AT&T have been telling Adobe to hold off on its release of Flash 10?

Without Flash enabled web browsing (and don't even mention the clumsy Flash Lite enabled browsing available on some phones), the mobile Internet experience is incomplete. Let's hope this all changes soon.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    k
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I wish it was soone
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    no wonder they aren relasing flash 10, its all about the bandwith
    I think it's more likely that Adobe is just behind schedule. It took *years* before Flash 9 was supported on Linux (users were stuck on Flash 7 from 2004-2007) and 64-bit support is still in alpha.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I eagerly look forward to a time when open standards like HTML5 supercede the need for proprietary platforms like Flash, Silverlight, etc. As for flash on webOS, the schedule is still a public beta release "before the end of the year" and full release during the "first half of 2010".
    i am waiting for the public beta release.... at least before new year's.... that would be a nice christmas gift from Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i am waiting for the public beta release.... at least before new year's.... that would be a nice christmas gift from Palm
    actually I think that the first public beta release will come from adobe and once its about a month or so away from release palm will start handing out early versions of the new sdk.. Hopefully
    Wouldn't it be coming out with 1.3.5 that we're expecting in mid decemberish?
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Wouldn't it be coming out with 1.3.5 that we're expecting in mid decemberish?
    I think that would call for a whole new version number .. As in 1.4 as itsa major change to the webos platform and would have to be integrated within the entire OS.

so I would say most likely february which would either bring webOS 1.4 or 1.5
    Ok, I know no one actually knows the answer to this. However, The 10.1 Public Beta was supposed to be released 4th Q 2009.

Im sorry I meant sometime in December, no lets just say endo of 2009. They have a couple weeks.

My point is, I havent gotten the email from Adobe about the release, so could this mean another Delay?

As much as we all "cant wait' for flash on mobile devices, I'm interested in seeing what the Bandwidth utilization for all carriers will be like.

Just tryna Get my "HULU" on thats all and WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!
    Last edited by Saywut; 12/16/2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something at the end.
    well I believe they already said like a month ago that it would most likely be jan. or feb. ? Pretty sure anyways . I could be wrong though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Hulu doesn't allow streaming to mobile devices even with full flash. Hulu's gonna start charging anyway. I'll be looking for alternates.
    I asked Palm the other day (while dealing with lost contacts). Of course I was given the scripted answer that he did not know but that it could be downloaded from Palms site when ready.
    How do you know Hulu wont allow streaming to mobile devices with "Full Flash" since there arent any out there that dont exist?

Just curious....Besides, Hulu is small potatoes if i can get Flash on my phone, possibilities are endless on what we could do.

Also, the official release is for January/February, but the public beta was/is supposed to come out this month. I'll assume if that is deleayed then maybe the official release will too.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    There is no way to know what Hulu will do, but past evidence strongly suggests they will not. If you look at their policy on Boxee and other distriubtion channels that are not the desktop web, the have gone out of their way to block the feed. The TV channels that partner with Hulu only do so with the agreement that it is limited. Think about how Hulu on the phone might interfer with the Sprint TV contracts.
    Good Point, Even though Sprint TV SUCKS!!!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywut View Post
    yeah they do lolololol
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywut View Post
    I gotta agree - maybe I'm missing something that others are getting. I just don't see the big deal