Page 5 of 233 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    http://forums.precentral.net/search.php

There are plently of threads about this. But yes I agree with you.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I haven't seen any reviews that make it sound like the phone is a pile cause it doesn't have flash.
    Other devices have flash btw.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I'm actually excited that the Pre is rumored to be one of, if not, THE first phone to receive Flash 10 support. Hulu anywhere, anytime, any-one?
    Last edited by notabun; 06/04/2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Hulu would be pretty damn awesome.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    yea I'm sure Adobe is frantically trying to optimize flash lite for all those mobile web devices...
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    yea I'm sure Adobe is frantically trying to optimize flash lite for all those mobile web devices...
    Flash 10 support is replacing Flash Lite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Other devices have flash btw.
    Yes, but pretty much no phone (is there even 1?) has Flash 10 support out of the box, just very limited Flash lite support. The only real solution I know of right now is Skyfire, a 3rd party browser that works with only Windows Mobile and Nokia E and N phones, but even then the Flash 10 support is still partial that doesn't work with things like Pandora.

I could care less if a phone has Flash support unless it has Flash 10 working. Adobe has already announced full Flash 10 support before 2009 ends for the Pre, most other smart phones announced by 2010.

In the mean time, Skyfire is your best bet if you have to have it. Maybe it will get ported over if Palm ever releases their SDK to the public ;p.
    The Palm Pro has IE 6 with full flash support.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The Palm Pro has IE 6 with full flash support.
    Works with Hulu too. I have gotten acustomed to using my Pro to access customer websites that require it. We'll have to see how long it takes Palm to
    "update" the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I haven't seen any reviews that make it sound like the phone is a pile cause it doesn't have flash.
    A lot of the reviews state a major con is no flash support and im also saying all the people out there that are all "no flash you fail palm!"
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    my curve has a flash.
  13. DDD
    Also Known as 3_D
    I still say closer to the end of the year as first reported.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Sounds like it's still just on track for it's original release, which is by year-end.
    "Apple has been resistant to putting this technology on its smartphones, as the full version will allow users to run applications -- generally games -- that Apple hasn't approved."

Sorry to Iphone fans...but I LOVE reading that. Flash on the PRE, could be a great right hook to an Iphone. Not a knockout punch, but one that will severely stun them. Sorry for the boxing analogy.
    ya I'm thinking by end of the year, we all know when companies say between a date and another date its usually towards the end. Look at the Palm Pre release date for example, haha
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    "Apple has been resistant to putting this technology on its smartphones, as the full version will allow users to run applications -- generally games -- that Apple hasn't approved."

Sorry to Iphone fans...but I LOVE reading that. Flash on the PRE, could be a great right hook to an Iphone. Not a knockout punch, but one that will severely stun them. Sorry for the boxing analogy.
    I concur. If Flash 10 support comes to the Pre and not apple, I will be VERY glad in my choice with a Pre. That would add so much fun to the phone and extra value with hulu and gaming.
    Last edited by notabun; 06/05/2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    I concur. If Flash 10 support comes to the Pre and not apple, I will be VERY glad in my choice with a Pre. That would ad so much fun to the phone and extra value with hulu and gaming.
    It goes with the concept of why I dont like Apple(Well just Iphones). Apple wants to give its customers nice great, gimmicky apps and things...but on Apple's terms. If you dont wanna follow Apples Ten Commandments per say...then you get nothing.

I dont get it, having full "native" Flash suppot is huge...if Palm/Adobe can deliver on this...then we could see ALOT more PRE's come next year.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Why does it take so long?
    there already is a linux version of flash, why does it take so long to port it to the pre?