Page 49 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
    Adobe just posted a Video showing the pre running the beta of the flash player. Looks already amazing!!

Here is the link:

Also it says the Pre to be the first Mobile Phone having the official version of Adobe Flash Player on it. HAHA this is so cool !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like your enthusiasm ... but that video was from about a month (more?) ago. The good news is it looks like there's some "place holders" for Flash in the new WebOS, and Adobe is now talking about a beta release before the end of the year. And I agree ... that is cool!
    yep already subscribed! thanks for the reminder though.
    Love the enthusiasm! Here is a link to the PreCentral article on the Flash application.
    Haha oh I'm sorry! I'm here since 12. October so I havn't seen this (O2 Germany had to wait a long time).

Still I thought the Pixi Flash Player (placeholder) was the best we have seen so far.

Well then it's good to know that it is coming! Sorry for wasting your time
    Noo... not a waste of time at all! We are just letting you know that there is a good article on the site talking about what's happening and what to expect! Don't feel gun-shy about posting things you see that are exciting! We are all here to chat and point each other to answers and more info on items found! Thanks for the posts!
    I was just thinking how cool if newgrounds or your favorite game site had an app that would pull content to it.

Flash on the web = good
    Flash on webos = better

Games coded in flash that run natively on the pre as an app.

Why doesn't palm just come out and say when we can expect gpu support? Tell us. I have enough surprises.
    Last edited by IcerC; 11/18/2009 at 07:03 PM.
    If adobe delivers us an app with the support of the GPU like they keep dancing around, than I think this would definitely be a HUGE plus for the pre, and satiate a good portion of people wishing for more robust, and gaming oriented apps.

Personally, from what we keep seeing, and the videos/documents adobe has put out, along with TI's affirmation that they are working with open screen project for full OMAP hardware support, i think it is entirely possible we could see the gpu used for flash BEFORE we see it implemented globally in the general UI.

I Just wanna say to my post, Run sentence, Run!
    Last edited by windzilla; 11/18/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    k
    Need GPU access. Currently, it's lonely and idle. I think it wants to help out its buddy Mr. CPU. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yes. Everyone saying we need GPU access (or an app which gives us that ?_?) first are a little behind, that'll be in our Flash update.

From that point you could just make an app which runs a webpage with just a flash thing on it, and I'm sure it'll evolve to the point where you can easily just open flash files as an app.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I think the ground work is being put in place for flash. If you open a website that has flash on the page you now see a gray bow in the space instead of a blank white box. Palm also hired someone recently that has the skills to get the GPU into action.
    Why don't they just tell us when GPU support is comming? What is the reason to be so secretive?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Why don't they just tell us when GPU support is comming? What is the reason to be so secretive?
    Companies in general do not like to give out their roadmaps because of feared liability if they don't deliver, etc. Even with an NDA it can be hard to get them. I deal with this with storage vendors at work.
    do you think it will be possible to make flashapplications when flash comes or is it just for the browser?
    yes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    okey good! that would ba awsome and more people can do apps that work for many phones
    While they will work there could be an issue with how much strain such apps will put on the CPU (especally bad as the Pre does not use the GPU) and the impact this will have on battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    While they will work there could be an issue with how much strain such apps will put on the CPU (especally bad as the Pre does not use the GPU) and the impact this will have on battery life.
    yes i know that but wouldnt it be able to use the gpu via flash? i think it will and it should be optimised
    This would be preferable naturally but as things stand today on the Pre the GPU is essentially dead weight.