Page 45 of 233 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 55 95 145 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i love anteaters!
    my aardvark is argyle

There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    arent all the new features in the iphone available across their whole range? different hardware but same software or am I mistaken?

I approve of the anteaters in this thread
    Guys can we stop the 3rd grade antics? I like anteaters too, but lets keep that crap to the off-topic section.

Video recording and voice dialing are only available on the 3GS, so if you have an iPhone 2G or 3G, you will have to buy the 3GS to get these features.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Guys can we stop the 3rd grade antics? I like anteaters too, but lets keep that crap to the off-topic section.

Video recording and voice dialing are only available on the 3GS, so if you have an iPhone 2G or 3G, you will have to buy the 3GS to get these features.

I say its all in good fun, I couldn't resist the argyle aardvark, it is too much fun.

but to add to the conversation, the 3gs is the only one with a compass as well, and the older versions don't have a 3mp camera, nor can they do the fancy openGL ES 2.0, that the 3gs can, although not much takes advantage of it yet, just like the pre. (yes yes, i know opengl is used, and that the pre dosn't use it at all yet, but i am speaking of opengl ES 2.0 specifically, and the pre dosn't utilize it at all yet but is capable. The 3gs does in some cases)
    iPhone 3GS: Prepare For a 3D Graphics Shock

I was thinking about these comparisons to the iphone and realized that, when the pre first came out, it offered versions of some basic functions that the iphone did not like MMS & copy/paste.

lets hope that at-least TI which has partnered with the open screen project and adobe to bring omap gpu support to flash, will have worked out something with palm to enable gpu acceleration for flash when it comes out of public beta and goes mainstream.
    There are four lights.
    Can you guyz stop with the ant-eater posts?!!! It's freaking me out !!!
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Can you guyz stop with the ant-eater posts?!!! It's freaking me out !!!
    They are the only value in the thread.
    I think people need to stop bashing the Pre if they know of any other phone that has what they need, then go get it, quitely . I know most people are happy with thier Pre's but want more I think we need to say "I wish" statements instead of I hate the Pre, Palm stinks...Yes Im older then 16, lol

Just my penny's worth... Thank you for listening , I mean reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Too funny!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ALL THESE ANTEATERS AND NO ANTS??? ***!! lol
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ...Bugs Life....Where is the QUEEN!!!!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Now jus calm down grasshoppers
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    The capabilities of HTML 5 are becoming down right amazing.

NeoSmart has released an HTML 5 Flash player for YouTube!

YouTube HTML5 Viewer - NeoSmart Technologies

I Tweeted NeoSmart with a query:

@NeoSmart webOS supports HTML 5. What would it take to get your HTML 5 Flash viewer to work on Palm Pre and Pixi?
    I received a Tweet from them:

WebOS would need to support MP4 decoding, and expose that functionality to the browser. The iPod does, and our viewer works there.
    I say Palm needs to jump on this terrific opportunity!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    It didn't work when I tried it, but still a cool development.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Palm should jump on this asap or they are shooting themselves in the foot.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    It didn't work when I tried it, but still a cool development.
    NeoSmart says that YouTube is blocking them. They are working on a fix.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    is it wrong i only carried on looking through this thread for the ant eaters?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    NeoSmart says that YouTube is blocking them. They are working on a fix.
    Thanks for the info!
    To clarify, the Pre does support MP4 decoding, for the record. It's just not exposed to the browser, as they say (aka, if you open a MP4 in a browser it just passes the file directly to the video player), though it is exposed to other applications to play a video within them.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabrutus View Post
    I feel ready to jump over to the Android soon. Our apps look like junk compared to iphone apps!!! Our only savior is flash and we are still waiting!!! We cant even get a decent Facebook app!!!

Do you really need to watch the gay **** channel on spankwire so badly that you can't wait until you get back to your "apartment" in mom's basement?

Really, you shouldn't be doing that at work anyway. If your manager catches you taking too long in the bathroom again, you can kiss that promotion to fryalator goodbye and you'll be cleaning the kid vomit off the Hamburglar slide in McPlayland forever! You're 35 years old and have been passed over again and again. Get a handle on it or the autistic kid is going to be manning the french fries! Is that what you want?