Page 42 of 233 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 52 92 142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    flash should be available this month maybe next week =] thats when the flash thing happens October 4-7
    well its the 26th of october and we still dont have it. Whats you next guess
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Cant wait for flash!!!

Will complete pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    well its the 26th of october and we still dont have it. Whats you next guess
    Flash is a unicorn on mobile devices.
    I like all of us am waiting for Adobe Flash to come to us. But to those like myself who are wanting video too I thought about it and IMO I think that the 2 would be released hand and hand. I think it would make sense anyway. That why all the bugs would hit at once and probs could be solved quicker. Anyway that's my 2 cents.
    The Pre can play video now....
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The Pre can play video now....
    i think he is saying video record.
    Oct 2010?!
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    The N900 is a completely different animal.

First of all, it's not running everything on the front end in javascript. (This isn't necessarily better or worse, just very very different.

Second, it does NOT have adobe flash. It has a cooked up version of one of the open source flash libraries installed, and has support for most, but certainly not all flash applications.
    Wrong.

I'm probably in the running for most delayed response, but here goes. To set the record straight, Maemo5 (the N900) does not have a "cooked up" version of Flash. It uses official Adobe Flash Player 9 for Linux and is compatible with ANY Flash 9.4 content on the web, which is pretty much everything out there except for HD content.

The N900 will be one of the first devices to support Flash 10, and will be the first among those devices to offer full GPU acceleration of content.
    Where did you hear october? I heard before 2010 but not october.
    He is right. Adobe at the begging of the year said that it would be ready mid october. Well recently they pushed it to end of year. So basically it got pushed back probably to unexpected bugs.
    The October rumor was about the public beta, not the full release. The beta is not out yet, but it was demonstrated on the Pre at the Adobe conference.
    Global Posts
    985 Global Posts
    Its November where is Flash beta??
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Here let me google that for you

Press release

As you can see, they have never said exactly when it would be available. Just a generic later this year kinda thing...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    We're quickly running out of year. They're going to have to change their ETA from "later this year" to "Soon™".
    I've got the strangest feeling it will not make it by October..........
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I've got the strangest feeling it will not make it by October..........
    lol. I like your post.
    I'd be happy with beta leak, I'm surprised it hasn't turned up yet.
    Adobe said it'd be released to the manufacturers by October, anyway, not that it'd be on our devices by then.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Note:
    From Adobe PRPRPR &$quot$;$The$ $browser$-$based$ $runtime$ $leverages$ $the$ $power$ $of$ $the$ $Graphics$ $Processing$ $Unit$ ($GPU$) $for$ $accelerated$ $video$ $and$ $graphics$ $while$ $conserving$ $battery$ $life$ $and$ $minimizing$ $resource$ $utilization$.&$quot$;

From Palm infocenter "Palm just hired Matthew Tippett, engineering manager for Linux Core Engineering at AMD/ATI, as their new head of Linux kernel development. Matt's previous work on ATI's Linux graphics drivers is singled out for high praise by the Linux news site, who note that he has played a "critical role" in bringing the Catalyst drivers for Linux to near-parity with Windows, amongst other things.
    With such an experienced hand at graphics on board, this hopefully means that Palm is finally going to get started on putting that painfully under-utilized Pre GPU to work. Right?"

So we have an under utilized GPU and a new version of Flash that will utilize the GPU and a new hire at Palm that can bring it together.
    That means that if the GPU is fully utilized then the Pre will be much quicker and put less drain on the battery doing it.