Page 41 of 233 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 51 91 141 ... LastLast
    Who's excited about flash on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $playing$ $Farmville$?

Or better yet, maybe it will become its own app

*typed on prprpr&#$275$;*
    Farm Town is better
    I hate you both
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    No Farmville is better I had a max expanded farm in 2 days in farmville show me how to do that in Farmtown with out spending a dime of real money and I'll convert
    It depends on the responsiveness.

On my laptop, which is an AMD Turionx2 with an ATI 1100 video card, Ville has noticeable slowdown with around 60 animals. WITH low quality graphics.
    Similarly, my old desktop, which was an AMD Athlon XP+ 3200 with an 512MB ATI X800 AIW video card, had similar slowness problems, also with low quality graphics.
    On the other hand, my sparkly new i7 940 with an 896MB NVidia GTX260 flies with Ville on full quality.

So it depends on how quick the Pre makes the Farm* apps fly.
    whoops duplicate post. Sorry.
    Last edited by Mike_NJ; 10/22/2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: duplicate post
    will be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_NJ View Post
    It depends on the responsiveness.

On my laptop, which is an AMD Turionx2 with an ATI 1100 video card, Ville has noticeable slowdown with around 60 animals. WITH low quality graphics.
    Similarly, my old desktop, which was an AMD Athlon XP+ 3200 with an 512MB ATI X800 AIW video card, had similar slowness problems, also with low quality graphics.
    On the other hand, my sparkly new i7 940 with an 896MB NVidia GTX260 flies with Ville on full quality.

So it depends on how quick the Pre makes the Farm* apps fly.
    well this isn't good news. We need an app then!
    I have no idea what these are, but you all have me so intrigued right now.

*googles farmtown*

Oh...that thing? THAT's why I see updates from my friends about cows.

It all makes sense now.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    LOL... who knew virtual farming would become such a big hit
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    farmville runs like ***** on my 2 year old laptop, and barely any better on my moderm gaming rig..

I don't see this (in it's current form anyways) working on the pre.
    -m
    Farmville is boring. If you can get to the max immediately where's the challenge? Not to mention the social aspect of Farm Town is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    farmville runs like ***** on my 2 year old laptop, and barely any better on my moderm gaming rig..

I don't see this (in it's current form anyways) working on the pre.
    -m
    weird. it runs fine on my late 2008 macbook 2.4ghz running snow leopard. but then again, a lot of people say flash sucks on mac but i watch cnet,hulu and play flash games all the time with no problem
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Farmville is boring. If you can get to the max immediately where's the challenge? Not to mention the social aspect of Farm Town is much better.
    I'm not max level I got my farm expanded to max size... Social aspect is null and void I have no need for socializing with anyone other than friends and family.

If I want to socialize and play games I'll fire up my WoW account again.
    My choices were: necro this thread, or start a new one on a similar topic. You can see which one I chose (for better or worse). hehe

My question is: how does the YouTube app work without Flash being available on our phones? I'm sure this is a very simple explanation but I'd like to understand. Is the YouTube app accessing the Flash content in a different manner, sans Flash? If so, how?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that our phone doesn't yet have Flash support, but it has a YouTube app that plays what appears to be Flash content.

I searched but I couldn't find an explanation for this, but I might've missed it, so feel free to point it out. Thanks!

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    My choices were: necro this thread, or start a new one on a similar topic. You can see which one I chose (for better or worse). hehe

My question is: how does the YouTube app work without Flash being available on our phones? I'm sure this is a very simple explanation but I'd like to understand. Is the YouTube app accessing the Flash content in a different manner, sans Flash? If so, how?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that our phone doesn't yet have Flash support, but it has a YouTube app that plays what appears to be Flash content.

I searched but I couldn't find an explanation for this, but I might've missed it, so feel free to point it out. Thanks!

/Kevin
    Youtube's mobile site uses video in 3GP format, instead of Flash video format(FLV). The player on the phone is just a standard native app, with support for the 3GP codec used. No flash involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Youtube's mobile site uses video in 3GP format, instead of Flash video format(FLV). The player on the phone is just a standard native app, with support for the 3GP codec used. No flash involved.
    I knew it had to be something simple. Thank you!

/Kevin
    EDIT: Beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    EDIT: Beat me to it
    You provided valuable information, too -- you should have left it! It explained a lot.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siner_1988 View Post
    how do i install adode flash player on my palm pre.

i want to watch video on yahoo but went i try too , it say in need adobe ver 8
    Well I'm going to go ahead and welcome you aboard here at precentral.net. If you were to search the forums here, you would find that this topic has been discussed. The moderators are also kind enough to post hourly / daily headlines on the home page as well.

Just around the time you signed up, there was a post regarding flash on the Pre and how it's coming. Not here yet, so like the rest of us just pull up a chair and wait. While waiting please do search for prior topic's of interest and have.

I'd have to say the community here is one of the best if not the best forum community I've had the pleasure to be apart of. Again, welcome!