Page 38 of 233 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 48 88 138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm sure many of you have seen this before - but I will post it anyway. I think there's a number of good reasons why we'd want Flash right here. But I also agree that perhaps the Pre is currently underpowered - you can see how the film trailer video skips as the processor struggles with it.

Essentially, I think it's a great idea from a media viewpoint (no decent website is built using Flash elements nowadays, so it's hardly important to web browsing) but media is where Flash comes into play.

Edit: The link is a video of an Adobe official demonstrating Flash actually working on a Palm Pre.
    I 100% disagree with you on the "Pre is underpowered" part. The Pre's OS is unoptimized, sure, it doesn't have GPU access, sure. The phone itself is more than up to the task, once those limitations are cleared up. The Pre is a very powerful phone, but being on such an early OS, it's clearly not optimized.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm sure many of you have seen this before - but I will post it anyway. I think there's a number of good reasons why we'd want Flash right here. But I also agree that perhaps the Pre is currently underpowered - you can see how the film trailer video skips as the processor struggles with it.

Essentially, I think it's a great idea from a media viewpoint (no decent website is built using Flash elements nowadays, so it's hardly important to web browsing) but media is where Flash comes into play.

Edit: The link is a video of an Adobe official demonstrating Flash actually working on a Palm Pre.
    Very impressive, its so hard waiting for all the good stuff that will be available for the Pre by next year, but well worth it.

Kindof funny/ironic that in that video the battery is in the RED.

Also it is interesting why Apple is not cooperating with Adobe to get this running for the iPhone, anyone have any ideas what that would be?
    Last edited by jonaddis84; 10/15/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    I'm a heavy web user and there are too many sites that utililize flash to not have it. It's just that simple. Just like others, I'm eagerly awaiting this update.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Very impressive, its so hard waiting for all the good stuff that will be available for the Pre by next year, but well worth it.

Also it is interesting why Apple is not cooperating with Adobe to get this running for the iPhone, anyone have any ideas what that would be?
    if you watch the video you see that the battery is full at first.....then outta nowhere it turns red. it didnt just "die" that fast. obviously the shot the 2nd part later in the day after the pre had drained. has nothing to do with how much the battery drains (tho one may agree it will drain a little faster with flash, i dont think it will be completely terrible)
    I just pray that have the option to turn it off. 90% of internet Flash content is just stupid animated ads. I don't want to waste a single CPU cycle on that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Anyone that has ever used Skyfire(Mobile browser that is capable of producing Flash rendered websites) knows that an actual Flash support within WebOs will be kick***. Trust me, I used to use Skyfire all the time, and it was great, but very slow due to it being relayed back to your phone.

Having a WebOs Browser with "native" Flash is going to be huge....and I can see it actually not taking up as much battery usage as it does now. Go to a site, that is heavy flash related....it will eat thru your battery after awhile because it is still trying to render certain images that need Flash support....with native flash this problem goes away.
    I miss skyfire the most from my winmo phone,was awesome for playing around online.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    redtube on the go? Count me in.
    I would really like flash and silverlight so that I can watch hulu and netflix content.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Having flash on the pre just means that many more task i can do without having to get up and go to my computer
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I miss skyfire the most from my winmo phone,was awesome for playing around online.
    I can agree with that...I actually still use my old Touch just cause I have Skyfire on it. But that will be completely unnecessary once my Pre has Flash .
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I 100% disagree with you on the "Pre is underpowered" part. The Pre's OS is unoptimized, sure, it doesn't have GPU access, sure. The phone itself is more than up to the task, once those limitations are cleared up. The Pre is a very powerful phone, but being on such an early OS, it's clearly not optimized.
    Even though the OS doesn't have GPU access, Adobe has stated that the mobile versions of flash DO take advantage of the GPU somehow. I don't think flash would be possible on the Pre with the CPU alone even with the Cortex A8.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    All signs lead me to believe that Slingplayer mobile app won't be out for another year or so with the latest comments from Sling BUT with Flash you can log on to their website and watch your slingbox from the web without an app. That is the biggest thing for me with Flash. Getting Flash for Palm also might push them to get a move on with coming up with an app for Web OS. Right now, they are still 'investigating' to see if it is worth it to develop an app for it.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I agree. I'm very skeptical that Flash will perform well enough. I bought an Asus netbook last Christmas for my 10-year old and it turned out to be nearly useless to him because Flash games were pretty much unplayable, both due to the slow processor and reduced screen size.
    I really have to call BS on this. I have a Lenovo s10 netbook running Windows 7 and I have yet to run across a Flash game that was unplayable. In fact, I bought my girlfriend the exact same model (her's is still running XP) and she is the QUEEN of Facebook Flash games.. and I have never once heard her complain about them being slow or unplayable.

I've actually installed and played a few non-Flash games on my netbook as well and they've all worked reasonably well.. in fact, Diablo 2 was a blast to play on it.

Flash will work well on the Pre, and it will allow for a wider range of developers to create innovative applications for webOS. The only caveat being that they have to use ActionScript 3. Word on the street is that anything created in older versions of ActionScript will not work on Flash Player 10.1. So developers may have to go back and update their games and such to be compliant with the new player.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    redtube, etc?

pr0nhub already streams on the pre... lol.

i rearranged the spelling and words because precentral ****'d me
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Even though the OS doesn't have GPU access, Adobe has stated that the mobile versions of flash DO take advantage of the GPU somehow. I don't think flash would be possible on the Pre with the CPU alone even with the Cortex A8.
    They stated they are working with Palm on that, they never stated that the demo they did used it, and the choppiness would lead one to believe that it is not utilizing it. Seriously, if the OS doesn't have GPU access, how the hell do you think Flash will?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post

Because the app store would lose ground with developers. Develpers can develop apps in Flash which has a much larger customer base than the app store. Just a theory...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I want my Hulu, netflix, tv.com, and ect...... Bring on the flash
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    After I heard about the Flash beta, I started getting excited about how much It could bring to the pre. But then I thought about what it'd bring specifically, and all I could think of was Hulu and imeem.(I know there are MANY more but that's all that came to mind) But flash games came to mind, and I realized games like "whiteboard tower defense" could replace games like "fieldrunners" on the iphone, and started to get excited again.

I can only hope palm allowed adobe to go deeper into the phone in order to make flash as smooth as possible.(re-analyzing the demo video showed that the game he was playing was a bit choppy, and it seemed like a simple game so that's not the greatest sign)

However, overlooking that, I realized that not only could this provide many alternatives to "apps" that I've been waiting for that are in the iphone's app store, but all off these alternatives would be free!

That being said, I was wondering if there were any other alternatives to iphone apps that would be available on the web, and if there were some flash websites that I missed?

Think you guys could help me out?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    my brute is what i am waiting for. i hope that it doesn't bring a ton of flash ads.

try it....
    My Brute
  20. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Hulu.com