Page 37 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    Possibilities are almost endless with flash 10.1
    i cant wait until flash becomes available for palm pre.
    you would b able to watch just about any video any tim and the games get pretty kool too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Possibilities are almost endless with flash 10.1
    QFT.....IF Adobe and Palm can integrate Flash within the PRE's capabilities and Flash 10.1 can run w/ the GU to help compress the Flash running(ie: we are getting a version of flash built for mobile phones)....then I am not too worried about battery consumption and how the PRE's processor is handling it.

But yea, with Flash, anything will be possible...and wouldnt you like having the Phone that will have capabilities that say Iphones(No knock against those that have one) wont have, which will knock it down the totem pole?

Flash and WebOs is a +, dont really see how it can be a negative.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Everybody wants Flash to be in webOS 1.3.

Everybody complains about even worse battery life in webOS 1.3.

I still want Flash in webOS 1.3...
    I would like to have Flash too. When I got my Pre the salesman gave me 2 extra batteries and I had 2 batteries for my 800w. I put all the batteries in my pocket when I go out. That way I have plenty of power for any draining application. That bulge in my pocket also has attracted some smiles too. Thinking I may need 10 batteries with Flash.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Everybody wants Flash to be in webOS 1.3.

Everybody complains about even worse battery life in webOS 1.3.

I still want Flash in webOS 1.3...
    who's on 1.3?
    i def want flash but i'm just not sure how good it will work. i can hardly use the youtube app we have. it doesn't load the videos fast enough. i watch about 10sec and than it loading again. not fun
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i def want flash but i'm just not sure how good it will work. i can hardly use the youtube app we have. it doesn't load the videos fast enough. i watch about 10sec and than it loading again. not fun
    So pause it and let it buffer. That has nothing to do with Flash and everything to do with connection quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I agree. I'm very skeptical that Flash will perform well enough. I bought an Asus netbook last Christmas for my 10-year old and it turned out to be nearly useless to him because Flash games were pretty much unplayable, both due to the slow processor and reduced screen size.

That being said, I still want it for the bragging rights, the expanded developer base and the possibilities for casual games and online video sites besides YouTube.

-Andrew
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    I agree. I'm very skeptical that Flash will perform well enough. I bought an Asus netbook last Christmas for my 10-year old and it turned out to be nearly useless to him because Flash games were pretty much unplayable, both due to the slow processor and reduced screen size.

That being said, I still want it for the bragging rights, the expanded developer base and the possibilities for casual games and online video sites besides YouTube.

-Andrew
    Again, he's not using anything comparable as an example. First off, the YouTube app on the phone is not a flash based app, and it doesn't even play flash based video. It plays videos from the mobile youtube site, which are in 3GP format. Second of all, his example has nothing to do with processing power and everything to do with bandwidth. Adobe has already demo'd some Flash on the Pre, and while it was slightly choppy on some things, it was usable in this early beta or alpha build, which says a lot, especially when you consider they likely still don't have access to the GPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by emil93 View Post
    Why is it that flash would be such a great thing running on the pre/pixi? Everyone seems to want flash. But doesn't flash mean more power consumption, more heat and less memory for other apps running? Or is it because it would open a whole new world of applications for the pre/pixi? Just wanted to know your opinion.

My third post!
    There are a lot of sites that are flash oriented, just look at the example video with the Black Eyed Peas' website. Some of these sites are impossible to browse in our browser's current state. Plus, all the blogs or sites with embedded video links. Sometimes I have problems with an article on a tech site because the embedded youtube won't display so I have no idea what the article is talking about. This will also open up a new platform for development for the Pre instead of using HTML5/CSS/JScript, a developer might be able to use Flash to develop their app.
    Quote Originally Posted by emil93 View Post
    Why is it that flash would be such a great thing...
    This is a great way to show yourself why flash support is important:
    1) Remove flash from your computer.
    2) Go about your regular web browsing for a week.

If this doesn't show you the importance of flash support then, due to a tare in the space time continuum, your actually in 1999.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/15/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Anyone that has ever used Skyfire(Mobile browser that is capable of producing Flash rendered websites) knows that an actual Flash support within WebOs will be kick***. Trust me, I used to use Skyfire all the time, and it was great, but very slow due to it being relayed back to your phone.

Having a WebOs Browser with "native" Flash is going to be huge....and I can see it actually not taking up as much battery usage as it does now. Go to a site, that is heavy flash related....it will eat thru your battery after awhile because it is still trying to render certain images that need Flash support....with native flash this problem goes away.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    For me, real flash support means more online video sites, and (more important to me) better games.
    -m
    everyone wants hulu!
    redtube, etc?

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    hopefully when flash comes out, we can get a real youtube app that allows us to log in
    and hopefully, the graphics card comes to some actual use so the flash runs better
    also, i hope a rich baron crashes his sky fortress into my house and takes me on a trip of unmatched whimsy and adventure
    I'm excited for flash just for the expansion of webos. Flash on netbooks sucks because atom does. Flash is all cpu, atm. Once flash works witth gpu's it will rock on netbooks. Flash mobile using gpu will be nice as well since it should still allow for decent backgeound rhings to happen.
    I'm sure many of you have seen this before - but I will post it anyway. I think there's a number of good reasons why we'd want Flash right here. But I also agree that perhaps the Pre is currently underpowered - you can see how the film trailer video skips as the processor struggles with it.

Essentially, I think it's a great idea from a media viewpoint (no decent website is built using Flash elements nowadays, so it's hardly important to web browsing) but media is where Flash comes into play.

Edit: The link is a video of an Adobe official demonstrating Flash actually working on a Palm Pre.