Page 31 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
    Thank you!
    Thanks, this is one thing I have been waiting for.
    Chances are it will not allow Hulu to be used on WebOS. Hulu's licensing agreements do not allow for mobile phone use and they've actively blocked mobile browsers that already support Flash.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I sense a new browser spoof patch coming up if hulu blocks the Pre's user agent.
    A thought that I had was the more people that go to the link in the first post and sign up the better for us. Adobe is going to see the interest for this software by the number that sign up. So what the heck....more can't hurt. Go for it.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Good news indeed, this will be welcomed
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I'm not surprised. Everything has been delayed lately.
    Exactly what I was going to say....suprised...not really given the track record of delays!! It will come......eventually.
    Man Apple passing up on flash just shows how arrogant the company is. Thats a huge blow for them. I'm not anti-apple but are they that dense to forgo flash for quicktime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I doubt it will take more than what normal usage takes on the device. It's not like Flash will overclock the CPU to have it drain more than it should.

I think Adobe's approach looks pretty solid. The big problem however is on Palm's side as long as WebOS continues using a software video driver. You can tell from the choppiness in the game and video that it's not totally perfect.
    I noticed the choppy video playback, but I'm pretty sure it's because he had the camera running in the background. Even with the card flipped up, the camera still takes a toll on the CPU. I was actually telling my monitor, "turn off the damn camera!".
    they originally said 'released', which is going to be met by the public beta.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    The Apple obsession continues. Something that had nothing to do with Apple turns into an Apple hate fest. Why are you so concerned with what Apple does?
    Any time I mention software for the phone most people answer and compare it to the iphone. so here it go's the iphone has been out for almost 2 years? and it doesnt have flash 10.1.....hahahahahaha so we must be patient.

And now the real reply , it will be out in beta it seems before the year is over and we will get it before most other devices. So that is great news and I am happy to read this bit of news.
    thanks! this is what i need to listen to some online radio stations
    thanks for info flash will be the finishing touch to an already great phone
    Fred
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Apple knows what it's doing, theres either not huge demand for flash or apple is developing an alternative solution....
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Man Apple passing up on flash just shows how arrogant the company is. Thats a huge blow for them. I'm not anti-apple but are they that dense to forgo flash for quicktime?
    It'll just be another reason to hold a giant media event and launch another iPhone refresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Apple knows what it's doing, theres either not huge demand for flash or apple is developing an alternative solution....
    BS.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    BS.
    ok whats your opinion then
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Hmm. thinking here. Lets see iPhone/Apple....innovative, classic, loads of apps, ....then locks you in to itoons, no flash, ATT service problems... higher service cost, will not play with others.....kind of makes you want to dump your Pre.......lol

Love to Palm!

Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post

Apple has said repeatedly that they do not want/need Flash on the platform (for a host of reasons). The "native" capabilities in the iPhone SDK go way beyond what Flash can do, and Apple (along with Google and many other companies) are throwing their weight behind HTML 5, which will make the need for plugin-based architectures (like Flash) irrelevant. The writing is on the wall with regards to the future of Flash. I realize it will be good for teh Pre in the short term, but Palm needs to be looking beyond Flash.

I think the best thing to do is look at the success of the iPhone app store in the absence of Flash. I can't really see where Flash would have made even one bit of difference there.