Page 30 of 233 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 40 80 130 ... LastLast
  1. Bib
    As Engedget tells us:
    engadget.com/2009/10/05/flash-10-1-announced-for-just-about-anything-with-a-screen-webo/

Flash 10.1 is here! There's even a video of the Pre running 3 instances if it at the same time. Although it's a bit of a cheat, since flash pauses if the corresponding card is out of focus

Edit:
    Nevermind, here's the main thread over at palm pre:
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/207098-flash-coming-palm-pre.html
    Last edited by Bib; 10/05/2009 at 03:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    How will we get it on the phone? Through a software update?
    I'm sure if you sign up to be notified adobe will let you know how you can install it on the phone, I bet tho that you will be able to get a download link right trough your browser and get it.

ALSO THIS IS AWESOME NEWS THIS PHONE WOULD OWN WITH FLASH!
    the battery on that phone was almost dead as you can see.
    im so amped for flash
    Signed up and waiting...
  6. Bib
    Since WebOS is all about Javascript and HTML Flash could possibly be used in all WebOS Apps. Offline Flash games maybe? There would be tons of already finished flash apps rushing into the catalog.
    That would be awesome experiencewise. Batterywise? maybe not.
    I hope they implement some kind of flashblock option to disable flash and flash ads.

OT edit: Just seen the video again and had to laugh about the 'quick' picture. I'd like a phone with a camera button, that doesn't need to start a cam app before taking a snapshot. A background snapshot function integrated into the OS would be cool. Guess there's no phone which can do that anyway.
    Last edited by Bib; 10/05/2009 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    LOL you people don't realize how film/video making is done. All the actual demonstration, the battery is green which is separate footage. If you notice in the beginning when he first shows the device to the camera with him in it the battery is also in the red.(13 seconds in) You might not have noticed it because of the glare.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Thank you for this, signed up for the beta as well, excited now after seeing that video (to be honest I was feeling very uneasy about simply 'rumors' of all this flash development).

Can't wait to test it out
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    The battery was at or near 100% towards the beginning of the video, then almost dead near the end. We have no way of knowing how long the shoot took, nor in what order the shots were taken.

Still, based on years of experience with Flash, I'm willing to wager that it is going to eat through the Pre's battery with the kind of rapacious appetite normally reserved for freshly-risen zombies.

Hoping for the best (personal differences with Adobe aside, Flash would bring games and a nearly complete web experience to the Pre) but expecting typically sloppy execution...
    Quote Originally Posted by SiniStereO View Post
    Still, based on years of experience with Flash, I'm willing to wager that it is going to eat through the Pre's battery with the kind of rapacious appetite normally reserved for freshly-risen zombies.

Hoping for the best (personal differences with Adobe aside, Flash would bring games and a nearly complete web experience to the Pre) but expecting typically sloppy execution...
    I doubt it will take more than what normal usage takes on the device. It's not like Flash will overclock the CPU to have it drain more than it should.

I think Adobe's approach looks pretty solid. The big problem however is on Palm's side as long as WebOS continues using a software video driver. You can tell from the choppiness in the game and video that it's not totally perfect.
    thanks for heads up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Guys, if Flash supports the GPU and webOS is supporting Flash, it sounds like our GPU has a driver and API now
    Wishful thinking. Flash 10.1 will support GPU acceleration, but this doesn't mean that it supports GPU acceleration on the OMAP3430.

...but I think you already understood this, and I'm crossing my fingers just as hard as you are...
    Thank you!
    Did yall read this???

"When will Flash Player be available on the iPhone?
    Adobe needs full support from Apple beyond what is available through the SDK to enable Web browsing of Flash-based content on the iPhone. While we have been working hard to make the browser plug-in available, without increased co-operation from Apple, it will not be possible. Adobe is therefore focusing our development work on the major smartphone platforms that are working with us to deliver the most innovative and complete web browsing experience. With more than 85 percent of the top 100 websites using Flash and approximately 75% of all videos on the Web using Flash, we still believe that Flash on the iPhone would greatly benefit the millions of joint Apple and Adobe customers"
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Did yall read this???

Adobe needs full support from Apple beyond what is available through the SDK to enable Web browsing of Flash-based content on the iPhone. While we have been working hard to make the browser plug-in available, without increased co-operation from Apple, it will not be possible. Adobe is therefore focusing our development work on the major smartphone platforms that are working with us to deliver the most innovative and complete web browsing experience. With more than 85 percent of the top 100 websites using Flash and approximately 75% of all videos on the Web using Flash, we still believe that Flash on the iPhone would greatly benefit the millions of joint Apple and Adobe customers"
    Hmm. thinking here. Lets see iPhone/Apple....innovative, classic, loads of apps, ....then locks you in to itoons, no flash, ATT service problems... higher service cost, will not play with others.....kind of makes you want to dump your Pre.......lol

Love to Palm!
    Looks on-track in this video.

Adobe Developer Connection
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    Did yall read this???

That's some pretty interesting public commentary. It's like Apple won't return their phone calls.

I think we already knew this, but this implies a pretty serious commitment by Palm to make this work in webOS. And if it uses the GPU, that also implies that some other limitations of webOS that currently exist may soon go away.
    we still got 2 months left for the end of the yr so hopefully soon
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The thread has just been taken "Cross Platform" . I don't give a sh.. if apple shoots themselves in the foot.
    Great news but I am left thinking how much this is going to kill the battery. Flash is a fairly intensive app that I have a feeling is going to be of limited use due to battery life. Regardless I can't wait and hope it will work with Hulu.