Another win for Web OS!!!

oh im so excited about this!!!

Hulu at last!!! Here i come!
    This is ****in' sick.

Finally, I can stream live games!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakalter69 View Post
    thats is an excellent point! another thing to point out is that the webos and winmo ones are the only ones to get the beta next year. android,symbian,blackberry all are getting it next year! to me that could mean a couple of things
    1. Pre is easier to program for even for complex programs like flash
    2. Palm is working closely with adobe to the point of accelerated development.
    both of those things would be great news if true! what do you guys think?
    You, of course, meant webOS and winmo are the only ones to get it THIS year!

This is HUGE and I'm surprised no article has framed it that way. Nobody really cares about winmo anymore. Its market share is rapidly declining. However, among the big league of smartphones ONLY webOS will have Flash this year.

Palm RULES!
    OFFICIAL ADOBE WEB SITE INFO
    100509AFPforMobileDevicesandPCs
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    I was also surprised at the performance with Flash running. I think we've seen other smartphones struggle with Flash (Hero, so I hear), but the Pre was running very smooth, with 3 cards with Flash, and 1 camera card.
    Well, as he mentions in the video, it seems as soon as you take a card out of focus, the Flash process completely halts. So, while it is running 3 cards with Flash, you could also say it's only really running one card at a time with Flash (and personally I think that this is the best way to handle Flash in a multitasking device such as this, even though it does limit some streaming audio sites a little bit- Flash is just too big of a resource hog to have multiple instances of it open and running at the same time).
    I wonder if that guy is running an advanced build of WebOS.
    The ability to play flash games will replace 90% off all iphone apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Wow, that's honestly the best Palm Pre ad I've ever seen, and it wasn't even put out by Palm or Sprint.

Seriously it felt like that guy was advertising the Pre more than Adobe Flash, and he did a great job at it.

(edit: Also his Pre's center button was chrome shiny, is that new?)

I was also surprised at the performance with Flash running. I think we've seen other smartphones struggle with Flash (Hero, so I hear), but the Pre was running very smooth, with 3 cards with Flash, and 1 camera card. There was a little lag in some of the scrolling and maximizing the camera card, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Very impressive Adobe and Palm!
    He is fascinated with how Pre interacts between apps and multitask, making adobe works easy.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    At the start of the video, his battery is full. At the end, its in the red. Hope that isn't indicative of flash's battery impact.
    Anyone else noticed how by the end of the video the pre had about 15% batt left?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    He is fascinated with how Pre interacts between apps and multitask, making adobe works easy.
    Not everyone who is going to be watching a demo of Flash on mobile devices has a Pre, so he has to explain what he's doing and what that means to people who don't have a Pre and don't know anything about it.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    The video is time lapsed. It's not all one shot.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Oh snap! Games!
    Flash Player 10.1 for Palm Pre Beta Notification

If you would like to be notified for Flash Player Beta availabilty for Palm Pre, you can sign up on this link of adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitl...layer10_signup
    engadget.com/2009/10/05/flash-10-1-announced-for-just-about-anything-with-a-screen-webo/#continued

sorry I dont have enough posts to do a link yet
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not everyone who is going to be watching a demo of Flash on mobile devices has a Pre, so he has to explain what he's doing and what that means to people who don't have a Pre and don't know anything about it.
    Plus Thanks
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    How will we get it on the phone? Through a software update?