Page 26 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siner_1988 View Post
    how do i install adode flash player on my palm pre.

i want to watch video on yahoo but went i try too , it say in need adode ver 8
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    Don't surf to Youtube, use the YouTube app on the second page of the Launcher.
    YouTube=/=Yahoo.
    i love yahoo video
    can wait
    OH Man Oh Man I Cant Wait For The Flash To Come out
    dido...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    dido...
    once again, another opportunity for a Goatse link...but I won't.
    travel to the future 5 months
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    how would one install flash in linux..... could one of you gurus explain why if it will work in linux it won't work on the Pre?

Is it a limitation of the Pre's Linux or the Pre's Luna manager?
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    It has nothing to do with Linux. Linux also runs on appliances and other embedded systems, but that doesn't mean you can/would install Flash on them.
    flash should be available this month maybe next week =] thats when the flash thing happens October 4-7
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i heard flash was in 1.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    could one of you gurus explain why if it will work in linux it won't work on the Pre?
    I'd be happy to.

1. Flash is not open source, so it must be compiled for the particular processor using it. The Pre uses an ARM architecture CPU, a desktop use an i686 processor. The two are fundamentally different, and software compiled for one will not work on the other.

2. Even if you could install it, you still couldn't use it because there would be no way to integrate it with the various applications you might want to use it with, like the web browser. At least not until some serious development takes place by people with more access to the WebOS and Flash API's than anyone around here has.

3. This is the really simple explanation. It won't work for the same reasons that you can't play an xbox360 game on a PSP.
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    i heard flash was in 1.2.1
    Not on mine. I went to my buddy's site with a flash intro and it still doesn't work after the 1.2.1 update.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siner_1988 View Post
    how do i install adode flash player on my palm pre.

i want to watch video on yahoo but went i try too , it say in need adode ver 8
    You can't, but if it's a Youtube video you want to watch, go to the very nice mobile Youtube site for the Pre. I believe it's better than the Youtube app.
    Flash is coming out to Developers in the beginning of Nov but the Developers (such as Palm) have to incorporate it into there software.

It is coming but it not hear just yet.

Every smartphone on the market is waiting for Flash even the iPhone!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Flash is coming out to Developers in the beginning of Nov but the Developers (such as Palm) have to incorporate it into there software.

It is coming but it not hear just yet.

Every smartphone on the market is waiting for Flash even the iPhone!

Rob
    I don't think Jobs is very keen to the idea of having Flash on the iPhone. That would mean that it would detour people away from buying an app from the App store, thus the phrase "An app for everything..." would become useless.
    You know groovdafied, I do think I read something about that as well!

I think I remember, because if iPhone users had Flash support, then they would really tax ATT's Network which users are already complaining about.

Yeah, that was the reason they wouldn't be so happy about it!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

All fine with that, but how the N900 HAS flash? It works also on a Linux system, also on the same processor like the Pre. Why couldn't Palm use the same? It's "just" Flash 9.4 I think, but for the most it would be ok!
    The N900 is a completely different animal.

First of all, it's not running everything on the front end in javascript. (This isn't necessarily better or worse, just very very different.

Second, it does NOT have adobe flash. It has a cooked up version of one of the open source flash libraries installed, and has support for most, but certainly not all flash applications.

Third, you're right. You could install some form of flash support on the Pre. It would take hundreds, if not thousands of man hours of skilled programmers with full access to the API's of WebOS and whatever open source flash library you chose to use. Or............

You could just forget about it because Palm will be getting the SDK and everything they need to impliment REAL flash on the Pre within the next few months, and will probably be able to do it better, and get it done sooner.

Not being able to install software that is written for different architectures and OS's is sort of a 'basic concept.'

Do you think Nokia "just installed it?" Did they just go to adobe.com/flashplayer, download the linux version and click install?
    Last edited by VeeDubb65; 10/04/2009 at 04:57 AM.