Page 24 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    "...Adobe says Flash for smartphones won't be available until "the end of 2009." (Update: It seems that Flash 10 will be the first Flash available for the Pre. That won't be until 2010.)"
    Where did you find out that it won't be out til next year? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    Where did you find out that it won't be out til next year? Just curious.
    that snippet was a pull quote from:

Palm Pre Will Run Flash, Adobe Finally Admits (PALM, ADBE)
    Well considering that article is 7 months old, I wouldn't fully count it as absolute truth.
    Well my good ole friend google told me back in febuary that flash ten was comin to the pre nex month and I haven't anything about it since. Anybody know if its still comin
    If you all watch Palm Cast's Live you'd know it's only going out to developers in October (but, yes, it'll be out).
    "The Pre is nice..."
    So flash will be 100% possible on the pre? Thats awesome!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    looking forward to it. would be cool to watch hulu with the pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrw View Post
    looking forward to it. would be cool to watch hulu with the pre!
    Won't happen. Hulu has been blocking it from Smarphones for some reason. It used to work on WM on a flash browser but they have since blocked it a few months ago.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezerkktre View Post
    Well my good ole friend google told me back in febuary that flash ten was comin to the pre nex month and I haven't anything about it since. Anybody know if its still comin
    Sorry, I don't have any info one way or another on this but I'm honestly kind of torn about Flash. On the one hand it'd be nice to be able to access Flash content (especially Vimeo and the like) but on the other hand, battery life is already a challenge and do we really want all those darn Flash ads when browsing?

Just sayin...

- Tate
    no i dont lol flash ads suck lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no i dont lol flash ads suck lol
    Haha, well there's one vote "against"...

- Tate
    If they do add Flash support, they must do it like you were using the ClickToFlash or FlashBlock plugins. Just click on the Flash movies to load them up when you want to see them. That way you can drain your battery only when you really want to!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolwave View Post
    If they do add Flash support, they must do it like you were using the ClickToFlash or FlashBlock plugins. Just click on the Flash movies to load them up when you want to see them. That way you can drain your battery only when you really want to!
    I couldn't agree more!

- Tate
    I had to go to my home to my computer to watch a football game that was not on TV today that I could have seen streamed in flash on my phone if I had it. Can't wait. As far as power well I will carry an extra battery or just plug in.

And yes, I know about the $$$$$$ NFL package.
    Mobile lash will add functionality for most flash equiped websites.. don't expect full functionality. Flash taxes the system you know, I remember older laptops with crappy graphics drivers that chocked on some flash content.
    It will obviously be better than what we have but not the same as browsing on your home PC.
  16. Bib
    As some might remember, Adobe already announced to release Flash 10 for "smartphone-class devices" in beta at the Adobe MAX conference:

adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/09q2analyst
    (see slide 13)

The conference takes place form October 4–7, which is next week. Hopefully we'll see a Demo running on a Pre. I'm pretty curious how the Pre will perform running flash. Seeing a Pixy and some Android devices in comparision would be nice, too.

UPDATE: It's here!
    As Engedget tells us:
    engadget.com/2009/10/05/flash-10-1-announced-for-just-about-anything-with-a-screen-webo/

Flash 10.1 is here! There's even a video of the Pre running 3 instances if it at the same time. Although it's a bit of a cheat, since flash pauses if the corresponding card is out of focus
    Last edited by Bib; 10/05/2009 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    As some might remember, Adobe already announced to release Flash 10 for "smartphone-class devices" in beta at the Adobe MAX conference:

adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/09q2analyst
    (see slide 13)

The conference takes place form October 47, which is next week. Hopefully we'll see a Demo running on a Pre. I'm pretty curious how the Pre will perform running flash. Seeing a Pixy and some Android devices in comparision would be nice, too.
    For flash to be successful on the Pre, we are gonna need the GPU enabled because flash is pretty graphic intensive.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Awesome, can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^ so when will html5 become standard ???????????
    don't know if its a set in stone standard yet
    read more about html5 here
    HTML5

some browsers are already implementing HTML5 and CSS3
    and webos is based on HTML5
    in fact some of the links i posted earlier already work in the pre