Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223228229230231232233
Results 4,641 to 4,649 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    A Flash app would make more since then upgrading the WebOS. It would be just like how videos play now. You press the icon in the web browser and the video is opened in the default video player. So we would goto a Flash-based site, banner, video, ect and press on the Flash icon and the page would open from within the Flash app. I never really thought about Flash coming in the form of an app, but that does make a lot more sense. lets hope HP does release it.
    No, not an app, but they release an "app" in the Catalog that includes the Flash player library. They did this in closed internal testing a while back (I know this because they said this a couple months back when the flash player "app" was found).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    No, not an app, but they release an "app" in the Catalog that includes the Flash player library. They did this in closed internal testing a while back (I know this because they said this a couple months back when the flash player "app" was found).
    Why would they release an app with library files in it? What's the point?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    For me, I wouldn't be using Flash non-stop, so dealing with the occasional bug from using the occasional Flash player is something I could deal with. Flash is like any other feature, let us choose whether we want to use it or not. If it doesn't work well, some users will turn off the feature. But I remember when I had Flash on my LG EnV Touch. It wasn't the best player but I could at least surf Flash web sites. And the EnV Touch is no where near the level of a Pre or Pixi. So if the EnV Touch could run Flash, our WebOS devices could as well. Just give us the chance to choose whether we want to use Flash or not.
    i don't think you understand -- it is not just the flash that is buggy -- it is running < webos 2.0 on a > pre 2 phone that is buggy. just installing the upgrade can cause your phone to become completely unstable. A total customer service nightmare. this is why you haven't been given the choice. they cannot support your phone in this way. It is the same thing when microsoft upgrades their OS -- you cannot gaurentee backward compatibility -- it just isn't possible always the hardware you have is not strong enough ( too little ram to puny of a processor) it simply cannot run 2.0 and with limited resources they decided to get their new hardware / software mated and out to market rather than to worry about bringing this upgrade to legacy devices -- a good business decision. If 2.0 worked on the pre / pixi don't you think they would force it on everyone the way every prior update eventually became mandatory? it is better for them to have every device on the same os -- it makes better sense for cust service / the app catalog -- everything. there is no viable reason for HP not to push the upgrade other then it causes more problems then it could resolve. personally i think the real weak link is the original pre - with its small ram but whatever the issue it just makes sense that the reason that we weren't all given access to 2.0 on 2/9 is because they cannot do it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    What I find sort of pathetic is that my Palm Pre Plus is missing some features my mid to low level, older Nokia phones had. They had Flash Lite, an equalizer for the music player, voice dialing and other features our phones should have come with.

Don't get me wrong, webOS is outstanding but it is lacking in features.

I'd be happy if HP released an update to 1.4.5 (not 2.0) that just included Flash and some bug fixes and nothing more.

On the other hand, I still think 2.0 would run ok on my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo319 View Post
    pre plus will never get flash
    Maybe not officially, it can be installed there are instructions on how to do it on this forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo319 View Post
    pre plus will never get flash
    No, 1.4.x will never get flash.

2.x can have flash.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    What keeps the ipkg / patch for 2.1 from working on 1.4.5? I put flash on my meta doctored spare device w/ 2.1 fine and it works. Seems like it would work on 1.4.5 in the same fashion? Or is it some kind of internal file structure compatibility thing?
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    When I had the Treo I used it to watch live stats for a basketball team. After a while they started using JavaScript so it stopped working on the Treo. When I got the Pre they changed to Flash and when I finally thougth I would be able to follow the stats Palm pulled the update. Murphy's Law huh?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    When I had the Treo I used it to watch live stats for a basketball team. After a while they started using JavaScript so it stopped working on the Treo. When I got the Pre they changed to Flash and when I finally thougth I would be able to follow the stats Palm pulled the update. Murphy's Law huh?
    no need to discommode Murphy, it's just Palm that's <<mod delete>> and has been for a while, the Treo was groundbreaking on many levels, the Pre is just average, if that
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/27/2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: language
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.