Page 231 of 233 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    top shelf flash support and web experience, which we don't currently have, negates the need for apps. Appification of the internet is one big thing I hold against apple. Why build a website when you can sell 1/2 baked apps for $0.99 and no cares if they suck because they're only $0.99? If we had good mobile web browsing, which has always been a primary quest of mobile computing for the last decade, the only apps we'd see or need would be true productivity apps (and they'd just be called...*shocker*...'software').
    Wasn't that Apple's intention with the first iPhone? They created a device that was capable of bringing the full web experience via a smartphone and were initially against the idea of supporting third party native applications. It was the consumers/developers that pushed them into creating a native app store.
    no. They created a device that wasn't capable of bringing a full web experience via a smartphone...that's why consumers & developers clamored for apps on an otherwise extremely popular device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    no. They created a device that wasn't capable of bringing a full web experience via a smartphone...that's why consumers & developers clamored for apps on an otherwise extremely popular device.
    And how exactly was/is it not capable?
    flash and there can be troubles with misc coding. Look, this isn't bashing apple. This is fact. If mobile web browsing was equal to browsing from your pc, people wouldn't clamor for bank apps, and games, etc. You'd just go to your bank's online webportal and do your banking like that. For gaming on par with what you get from apps, you could just go to one of the zillion free flash game sites. Apple 'solved' this problem with the app store and an accessible development environment....but thereby further fractionalizing the mobile user experience.

the good news is that mobile devices and web coding are starting to converge. Largely because the market is strongly moving to mobile devices and the web has to evolve, just as these things evolve.
    Flash is the worst thing happened to the web.
    HTML5∞ will sort out this.
    Still waiting.
    What if when 2.1 is released, hackers try to enable flash on the phone. I mean since 2.x is required, that means the pixi can run flash but it's just "weaker".
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    What if when 2.1 is released, hackers try to enable flash on the phone. I mean since 2.x is required, that means the pixi can run flash but it's just "weaker".
    The Pixi will not be able to run Flash.

There might be a hack to get Flash working on an overclocked Pixi, but a stock one will not see working Flash.

webOS will default to a FlashBlock-style implementation, so hacks (or even a generally slow-natured Flash experience) wouldn't be possible unless you clicked on the Flash element.
    Everyone with a pre should be let put of their contracts IMO. This is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Flash is the worst thing happened to the web.
    HTML5∞ will sort out this.
    But it did happen so we need support for it regardless of how anyone feels about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    But it did happen so we need support for it regardless of how anyone feels about it.
    Nah. The less it's adopted the less it is used. Browsing on an iPad will quickly show how much of the web has adopted non-flash.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Soo... 2.0 means flash?
    Yes, yes it does. Unless you're on a pixi......
    Guess this thread is kinda pointless now eh?.....for older models anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtynazgul View Post
    Guess this thread is kinda pointless now eh?.....for older models anyway.
    Maybe, maybe not. There have been several times people tried to discuss other ways of getting flash on a Pre, and it was largely shot down because we'd been promised it was coming.

Now that HP has decided keeping their explicit promises to their most loyal and enthusiastic customers isn't worth doing, it may be time to revisit some of those ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    I've installed 2.0.1 on my sprint pre, and I can tell you that flash works, but barely. Its so slow and annoying that you just give up and say forget it. Definitely not up to par with android 2.2
    where did you get the webos doctor 2.0? pm me please
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    where did you get the webos doctor 2.0? pm me please

I have it but have yet to install it. Since we really should not be spreading or asking for illegal software here I can't post it, neither should mikevillain.
    (The company line)

But I will say there is a thread still existing with the FTP url on it and since I am not a moderator there is not much I can do about it... oh well...
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/17/2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I have it but have yet to install it. Since we really should not be spreading or asking for illegal software here I can't post it, neither should mikevillain.
    (The company line)

But I will say there is a thread still existing with the FTP url on it and since I am not a moderator there is not much I can do about it... oh well...
    I have been away from webos for a while now so i didnt know that it was not a release by HP. Sorry for the confusion I didnt mean to break the rules.

Thank you guys and im excited to be back on WEBOS after i had an EVO
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I have been away from webos for a while now so i didnt know that it was not a release by HP. Sorry for the confusion I didnt mean to break the rules.

Awesome welcome back!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

Curious what made you switch back... not to derail the thread or anything. You can PM me if you'd care to answer.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold