Page 23 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Doesn't the CPU act as a graphics card as well though?

Thats how the website describes it at least.

There is a CPU and a GPU (G=graphics). Right now there is no GPU driver in the webOS, so the GPU is not being used. In other words, there is no hardware graphics acceleration. All rendering is being done in software by the CPU which is slow, inefficient, and power-hungry.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    There is a CPU and a GPU (G=graphics). Right now there is no GPU driver in the webOS, so the GPU is not being used. In other words, there is no hardware graphics acceleration. All rendering is being done in software by the CPU which is slow, inefficient, and power-hungry.
    I can only imagine how well this phone will run once we have hardware graphics acceleration. I couldn't imagine running my desktop with onboard video anymore let a lone no dedicated video processor. It seems crazy that they didn't ship it with it, but I understand it's a race against time. No phone on the market is worse than an incomplete one.
    Flash will come via a software update and it won't be an app catalog download. Perhaps the Palm Pre's implementation of Flash will use the GPU exclusively.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/21/adobe_flash_service/

We don't geet these services?
    I noticed Palm/Web OS was not mentioned when they spoke of mobile platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter View Post
    I noticed Palm/Web OS was not mentioned when they spoke of mobile platforms.
    .... and when I searched for it through the Web I saw that there was not really an official word from Adobe about WebOS Flash, either. Didn't try very hard either though...
    We are bringing Flash Player 10 to smartphone class devices to enable the latest web browsing experience. Multiple partners have already received early version of this release and we expect to release a beta version for developers at our Max conference in October. Google’s Android, Nokia’s Symbian OS, Windows Mobile and the new Palm Web OS will be the first devices to support web browsing with the new Flash player…
    from June, but I still have hope.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    My fingers crossed
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by TymonFlak View Post
    Flash'es days are numbered anyway, HTML5 has nearly all the same functionality. audio, video, scripting, shapes, fonts, sprites, etc.
    here are some examples of html5

html5demos.com

phpguru.org/static/html5-canvas-examples

benjoffe.com

flash who?
    ^^^^^^^^^^ so when will html5 become standard ???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    my c2d laptop ia sluhgish isometimes with flash. i predict it will be sluggish on the pre too
    I'm guessing this as well, but not for the same reason you are. I think the Pre is powerful enough to run flash on its 320x480 screen, but I don't think the Pre's operating system is up to the task. I like WebOS, but it has a LONG way to go before it's what I would consider "optimized".
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    wow a month away from flash on Pre!

We will be able to watch Hulu?
    Hulu on the Pre would be simply awesome. I can't think of anything I'd like to see more (re: the Pre, I mean; for example, I'd like to see myself winning the lottery even more).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    does anyone know how to crack flash player so you can watch live streaming television or other movies/videos besides the ones on utube or is their a possible way to download it?
    not possible with the current offerings

Do some searching and you'll see that Palm is in line with other developers to get Flash for mobile.. its rumored to drop later this year

S.I.C:

"When Flash will launch on the Pre. The Pre is expected to go on sale in the first half of this year. But Adobe says Flash for smartphones won't be available until "the end of 2009." (Update: It seems that Flash 10 will be the first Flash available for the Pre. That won't be until 2010.)"
    Link
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Yeah u r gonna need a program called back orifice. It can crack everything.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Flash isn't on the Pre yet. No way you're going to get it there, either, before Adobe does.
    Hey everyone,
    There are some websites that I go to that require a Flash upgrade.
    Is there a way we can get this feature? I don't see any option for WebOs.

Thanks
    I believe a version for the Pre was slated for release sometimes around the end of October-ish time frame by Adobe.
    Ok. Thank you for the info.
    "...Adobe says Flash for smartphones won't be available until "the end of 2009." (Update: It seems that Flash 10 will be the first Flash available for the Pre. That won't be until 2010.)"