Page 228 of 233 FirstFirst ... 128178218223224225226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 4649
    That's what it looks like. There is an option to disable it though.
    Its going to work like if you had a flashblock plugin on your desktop browser. When something flash based is loaded, an empty square will appear, probably with the flash logo. It will only load the flash content if you click on it.(this is basically how it works in Android). I'm sure you can also turn the feature off completely, although i don't really see the point if the content is not loaded automatically.
    it was exciting at one point,,but I really don't care to much anymore. I can take it or leave it.
    I am excited, I hate that my ipad does not support this. Really limits its usability as a media consumption device. I can't wait for webOS PAD to hit the market I will be inline to buy one.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    One of the most long awaited feature in this package for most webos users is the ability to use Adobe Flash on our device.
    I agree with you Rush and also I came here to say why doesn't the pre 2 commercial advertise flash 10.1? I'd think that would be a major selling point?? WT HPalm?
    Suck Flash technologie, it's not optimized for mobiles phone (battery drain, very low perf, etc etc).
    LOL @ February 2009
    Thank god im not still waiting for flash.. last time I waited it was promised 2 years ago.
    But thank god for my android on my evo 4g, every promise has been fullfilled..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by Engadget
    Adobe confirms Flash Player 10.1 is coming to BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and more
    By Donald Melanson posted Oct 25th 2010 5:31PM

We've already known that Adobe would be bringing Flash Player 10.1 to Windows Phone 7, but the company has just now made that fully official at its currently-happening MAX conference (alongside its Air 2.5 announcement), and it's also confirmed exactly which other mobile platforms the plug-in will be headed to. That includes WebOS 2.0, which we've already seen first hand, along with BlackBerry OS, Symbian, MeeGo and, last but not least, the LiMo platform -- those will all of course join Android 2.2, which already supports the plug-in. Unfortunately, there's still no timeline for a release on each platform, with Adobe only saying that Flash 10.1 is "expected" to hit each mobile OS. Head on past the break for the relevant snippet from Adobe's press release.
    Flash Player 10.1
    Already one of the top free apps on Android Market, with more than 50,000 users giving it a 4.5-out-of-5 star rating, Flash Player 10.1 brings rich Flash based content to mobile devices inside the browser. The runtime is now certified on close to a dozen Android devices and will become available on dozens more over the coming weeks and months. Adobe also announced that Flash Player 10.1 was downloaded more than 2 million times from Android Market. In addition to Android Market, the runtime is distributed directly by device manufacturers and operators via pre-installs and operating system upgrades. Flash Player 10.1 is available on Android and Google TV today, with BlackBerry platform, HP webOS 2.0, future versions of Windows® Phone, LiMo, MeeGo, and Symbian OS also expected to support Flash Player 10.1. For a list of devices supported today, visit Adobe Flash Player 10.1 certified devices.
    <deleted by Mod>
    I wish Macromedia were still... Macromedia.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/26/2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: unnecessary comment
    Quote Originally Posted by reeds View Post
    Screw you Adobe.
    I wish Macromedia were still... Macromedia.

I don't understand what has you upset, elaborate for me please, so I can commiserate.
    There are four lights.
    ^^agree with windzilla... not sure what the anger is about.

<threads merged>
    Webos 2.0 will be bringing Adobe flash player.. Nothing to be angry about ~ I'm happy.^_^

Regards,
    I remember seeing early demo's of flash they would open in an entirely new card. From the video's of 2.0 it seems now flash will just run in the browser and the screen will just sort of zoom in on that part of the web page.

Will there be a way to open the flash element into a new browser (maybe with an orange button click or something)?

It seems at times that might be pretty useful.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Some people cant accept fate. If the powers at be want you to be the last person on the block with it, then so be it.
    Perhaps hanging with the "in" crowd was just never meant to be for us pre owners.
    But hey, ours is still shaped like a river stone !

Where is HTML5 ?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    All I've seen is Flash games demoed. I'm not that interested in Flash games.

More important, can you operate a Flash web site that uses Flash for navigation?

Has anyone seen web sites with Flash navigation demoed on webOS 2.0?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    More important, can you operate a Flash web site that uses Flash for navigation?
    More importantly, whenever you come across a site that uses Flash for navigation... you need to contact the webmaster of that site and kindly request that they stop using Flash for navigation.

It's wasteful. Think of all the extra energy needed to hover over a Flash "link", when a regular URL link would have sufficed without a hiccup. We could save at least 1.21 gigawatts per year if Flash navigation would just die.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    More importantly, whenever you come across a site that uses Flash for navigation... you need to contact the webmaster of that site and kindly request that they stop using Flash for navigation.

It's wasteful. Think of all the extra energy needed to hover over a Flash "link", when a regular URL link would have sufficed without a hiccup. We could save at least 1.21 gigawatts per year if Flash navigation would just die.
    As someone who authors web content agreed! It's wasteful and actually is not end user friendly. I don't know when web design went the way of making pages that exclude people, but I guess that's what happens when you anyone THINKS they can author web content.

Maybe I'm just old skool....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Thank God that Steve Jobs just killed Flash, tho.

<comment deleted>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/06/2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Please do not post around our language filters
    Can anyone verify that this flash site does or doesn't work in WebOS 2.0. Its a beta app for Full Tilt Poker on your phone. It was developed in flash for Androird 2.2 or higher. One person in another thread tried it for me and said the login screen came up but he couldn't log in. I just want to have someone else verify it doesn't work before I switch to an Android phone. I can't post links but you can find the flash site on here

http fulltiltpoker.com/rush-poker-mobile

this is the flash site
    https mobile.fulltiltpoker.com/mobile/

If it works on WebOS 2.0 I'll hold out for a new webos device, but I just wanted confirmation from another person that it doesn't work on WebOS 2.0.
    I am ready for Flash for the Palm. Haha - Palm used to brag that it would have Flash and iPhone wouldn't. Still gonna happen, just a year later than expected.