Page 226 of 233 FirstFirst ... 126176216221222223224225226227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4649
    I think people overestimate the importance and impact of flash.

Webos having flash would bring this many people to the platform --> 0

It's not the greatest concern.

It's like having upgraded tires on a brand new car. Sure, it's nice and whatever but it's not why you buy a car nor is it on the list of the big reasons you do so.

I barely utilize the functions of flash with Android 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I think people overestimate the importance and impact of flash.

Webos having flash would bring this many people to the platform --> 0

It's not the greatest concern.

It's like having upgraded tires on a brand new car. Sure, it's nice and whatever but it's not why you buy a car nor is it on the list of the big reasons you do so.

I barely utilize the functions of flash with Android 2.2
    thats obviously your opinion, im always using flash on my evo and wouldnt know how i would do without it, just saying
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thats obviously your opinion, im always using flash on my evo and wouldnt know how i would do without it, just saying
    What do you obviously use it for?

While it is an opinion...I really seriously doubt people buy a phone because it utilizes flash. I would be surprised if more than .05% of buyers actually put Flash as a top 5 reason for the phone they purchase.
    What do you obviously use it for?

While it is an opinion...I really seriously doubt people buy a phone because it utilizes flash. I would be surprised if more than .05% of buyers actually put Flash as a top 5 reason for the phone they purchase.
    well thats the thing, you have an opinion and millions other people have other opinions, no one is gonna have the same opinion as yours neither will people have the same opinions as mine but i mainly use flash on mine to watch videos that are not on youtube and i also watch streaming video and sports. many people that i know bought the evo mainly for flash
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    someone posted elsewhere that palm is looking to integrate flash more into the core of webOS.

I don't know what that means but the poster seemed credible.
    they said it would be an app, but I think it will be mbaked into webOS 2.0 like in the prefs page of the browser, you would have a toggle just like the toggles for popups and javascript
    more like your car only goes 45 until you upgrade the tires and disengage the saftey.
    more like your car only turns left.
    more like your car only comes in neon green.
    more like your car only looks fast.
    more like your car only comes with the smaller engine.
    more like your car only stops slower then it accelerates.
    more like your car only has an AM radio.
    more like your car only is a 4 door so you can drive it from the back seat if your 6 foot tall.
    more like your brand new car came with a big scratch and some rust.
    more like the salesman said it would run forever.
    more like he said you never have to change it's oil.
    more like he said the tires will last the lifetime of the car.
    more like he said "your credit sucks, how much can you put down ?".
    more like he told you it was state of the art.
    more like he said "sure you can drive it but, if you get all the way around the block, you own it !"
    more like he said "You wont find a better deal any place else."

Something called webos implies it should handle anything the web has to throw at it, even if it is shaped like a river stone.
    I (as I'm sure you all can) have gone this long without ABODE FLESH, I want more info on what this HTML5 alternative is all about though. I simply havent seen it used anywhere I go. Every big name site uses HSALF EBODA. My tv card uses it to host. I just dont plan to play stupid flesh games on my phone, just video. Even then, ITS TOO ____ ____ SMALL !
    fACE IT PRE was an experiment to see if linux could make a good phone platform. Guess what, IT DOES ! Now we are all waiting to see what big dog buys into it and thrills audiences with all its linux splender. And we are told that it is HP who will place the next bet down.
    I'm just hoping I can get a free one from one of those cool survey websites that make you have to participate in purchases that far exceeds the value of the free gift before you can claim it, because I'm sure not gonna be able to afford the phone all by itself.
    Thank Me, Thank YOU !
    Last edited by tweaka; 10/18/2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Your welcome.
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaka View Post
    more like your car only goes 45 until you upgrade the tires and disengage the saftey.
    More like your car only turns left.
    More like your car only comes in neon green.
    More like your car only looks fast.
    More like your car only comes with the smaller engine.
    More like your car only stops slower then it accelerates.
    More like your car only has an am radio.
    More like your car only is a 4 door so you can drive it from the back seat if your 6 foot tall.
    More like your brand new car came with a big scratch and some rust.
    More like the salesman said it would run forever.
    More like he said you never have to change it's oil.
    More like he said the tires will last the lifetime of the car.
    More like he said "your credit sucks, how much can you put down ?".
    More like he told you it was state of the art.
    More like he said "sure you can drive it but, if you get all the way around the block, you own it !"
    more like he said "you wont find a better deal any place else."

something called webos implies it should handle anything the web has to throw at it, even if it is shaped like a river stone.
    I (as i'm sure you all can) have gone this long without abode flesh, i want more info on what this html5 alternative is all about though. I simply havent seen it used anywhere i go. Every big name site uses hsalf eboda. My tv card uses it to host. I just dont plan to play stupid flesh games on my phone, just video. Even then, its too ____ ____ small !
    Face it pre was an experiment to see if linux could make a good phone platform. Guess what, it does ! Now we are all waiting to see what big dog buys into it and thrills audiences with all its linux splender. And we are told that it is hp who will place the next bet down.
    I'm just hoping i can get a free one from one of those cool survey websites that make you have to participate in purchases that far exceeds the value of the free gift before you can claim it, because i'm sure not gonna be able to afford the phone all by itself.
    Thank me, thank you !
    we want abode flesh!!
    We want abode flesh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaka View Post
    fACE IT PRE was an experiment to see if linux could make a good phone platform.
    What about Android?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    we want abode flesh!!
    We want abode flesh!!
    A must for accessing pron sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What about Android?
    no disrespect, I just own the pre. (I live in a vacumn and cant afford to have 1 of each...eeh)lol
    I am about to do my research though. I hear DroidX is fun.
    But does any phone work as smoothly as the pre does ?
    I mean when you plug em into a pc, do they all open up the same way ?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    they should have put this in the specs. this is a HUGE plus for me, as I will be able to listen to the Sirius/XM media player now. woot
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Finally, all of you guys can shut yer traps, Adobe flash 10.1 is baked into webOS 2.0.
    ...and all the palm devices will upgrade to 2.0...

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I have told you that Flash Is Coming and now you see I was correct. For all those who doubted me, or questioned me, I Told you So
    Any chance of Flash in 1.4.5 or is a required upgrade? no big deal if it runs well on the existing Pre Plus hardware. just don't feel like waiting a couple months (or longer) for AT&T to get their updates out.
    But we still have to wait....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan81 View Post
    Any chance of Flash in 1.4.5 or is a required upgrade? no big deal if it runs well on the existing Pre Plus hardware. just don't feel like waiting a couple months (or longer) for AT&T to get their updates out.
    I'd think 2.0 would be required... It seems Flash is baked pretty deeply into the browser, so that would need updating at a minimum, presumably calling for at least a 1.4.6 version which doesn't look likely to happen.
    Palm Pre 2 featuring webOS 2.0 will be available Friday in France from SFR and is scheduled to be available in the coming months in the United States from Verizon Wireless and in Canada. The webOS 2.0 update will be delivered to existing customers in the coming months, with exact timing to be announced at a later date. (guess what carrier I have S _ _ _ N _ )

This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements All statements are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements

I'm still going to by stock.... as soon as I hit the lottery.
    Hey can one of you real developers get 2 phones and give me one for freeeeee !
    geez.... months, not weeks or days away.