Page 223 of 233 FirstFirst ... 123173213218219220221222223224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 4649
    nownownownwonow! happy that HTML5 is breaking the Flash hold on internet and mobile. No problems with H.264, just Adobe is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    if it is so easy -- you should do it -- i will be one of the first to beta test your app
    Never said it was easy. Just said it's been done and I feel our community is much more involved and tight than the iphone community.
    I don't know if any of you know this...but I just bought my mother an HTC Evo 4G for her birthday because she wanted a touchscreen phone with a BIG screen...and this 4.3 inch screen seems to be it....for now.

I've been a loyal Palm fan for a long time...and even though I use my Pre as an ebook reader...and the HTC would be a much, much better choice...I am still sticking to my Pre (plus, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to install PRC files onto the HTC to be read on the Kindle App that comes with it! It's an extremely convoluted piece of equipment...talk about trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. HTC appears to have made a phone that's more complicated to use than anything I've ever seen...and I'm a cell phone addict. I guess if you make things complicated, you keep people from realizing how poor of a device the HTC Evo truly is...maybe. But I really like that screen!!)

Anyway....I'm putzing around...and lo and behold...I see one of the apps is Adobe Flash 10.1....not a beta version...but the real thing. And you know what? I actually went online to www.ch131.com and watched full-length tv shows just like on my desktop computer!!! Now, excuse me, but *** is Palm doing?? I mean...I coughed up $300 just like everyone else and was promised Adobe Flash 10.1 to be released for Palm by September of 2009 (a full 2.5-3 months AFTER I purchased the damn phone!) and now I'm stuck with an obsolete phone???
    Yes, I'm glad that my Pre is much easier to use than any other phone out there....and has more potential than any other phone out there....but if it's not used, what's the point? I recall hearing someone once saying that if a 20 year old is told he has potential, it's a good thing....but if a 30 year old is told he has potential, it's pathetic! Meaning....by the time you're 30, you should already have all your gears in motion towards what you plan on doing for the rest of your life. (Of course, this is just a broad generalization...but it certainly applies to the Palm Pre, doesn't it??)

Here we had a phone that was, by all accounts, the best device ever made....and now it's looking like a circa 1995 Nokia handset....

So....I guess what I'm asking is....are we or are we not getting Flash 10.1?? Otherwise, as much as I hate HTC..I may have to switch over. Probably not the Evo 4g....but I'll definitely get the next generation of HTC if Palm doesn't get it's freakin' act together. It's disgraceful....and I feel as if Palm has spit in my face and said "So what? What are you gonna do about it.....sucker!"

I mean....this was the ultimate insult for me today!! I'm absolutely speechless. The only consolation prize to it all is that I haven't found a way to load all my ebooks onto the HTC Evo...if it's even possible. It appears the only ebook reader I can use is the Kindle for Android ....and I can't add any books that I haven't bought through Kindle...which is stupid because I have tons of PRC books that work fine on my Kindle for PC program.

But still...I've been dying to be able to watch www.ch131.com on my phone for over a year now....and this is the crap I get?? Nothing for Palm??? What a waste of money I spent. At least the games are better on Palm than Android...but for how long, right???

Any thoughts??? And, really, any ideas WHEN Flash 10.1 will be released...or, should I say, IF it will be released???

Thanks for listening...

Couch
    Quote Originally Posted by couch1970 View Post
    I don't know if any of you know this...but I just bought my mother an HTC Evo 4G for her birthday because she wanted a touchscreen phone with a BIG screen...and this 4.3 inch screen seems to be it....for now.

I've been a loyal Palm fan for a long time...and even though I use my Pre as an ebook reader...and the HTC would be a much, much better choice...I am still sticking to my Pre (plus, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to install PRC files onto the HTC to be read on the Kindle App that comes with it! It's an extremely convoluted piece of equipment...talk about trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. HTC appears to have made a phone that's more complicated to use than anything I've ever seen...and I'm a cell phone addict. I guess if you make things complicated, you keep people from realizing how poor of a device the HTC Evo truly is...maybe. But I really like that screen!!)

Anyway....I'm putzing around...and lo and behold...I see one of the apps is Adobe Flash 10.1....not a beta version...but the real thing. And you know what? I actually went online to www.ch131.com and watched full-length tv shows just like on my desktop computer!!! Now, excuse me, but *** is Palm doing?? I mean...I coughed up $300 just like everyone else and was promised Adobe Flash 10.1 to be released for Palm by September of 2009 (a full 2.5-3 months AFTER I purchased the damn phone!) and now I'm stuck with an obsolete phone???
    Yes, I'm glad that my Pre is much easier to use than any other phone out there....and has more potential than any other phone out there....but if it's not used, what's the point? I recall hearing someone once saying that if a 20 year old is told he has potential, it's a good thing....but if a 30 year old is told he has potential, it's pathetic! Meaning....by the time you're 30, you should already have all your gears in motion towards what you plan on doing for the rest of your life. (Of course, this is just a broad generalization...but it certainly applies to the Palm Pre, doesn't it??)

Here we had a phone that was, by all accounts, the best device ever made....and now it's looking like a circa 1995 Nokia handset....

So....I guess what I'm asking is....are we or are we not getting Flash 10.1?? Otherwise, as much as I hate HTC..I may have to switch over. Probably not the Evo 4g....but I'll definitely get the next generation of HTC if Palm doesn't get it's freakin' act together. It's disgraceful....and I feel as if Palm has spit in my face and said "So what? What are you gonna do about it.....sucker!"

I mean....this was the ultimate insult for me today!! I'm absolutely speechless. The only consolation prize to it all is that I haven't found a way to load all my ebooks onto the HTC Evo...if it's even possible. It appears the only ebook reader I can use is the Kindle for Android ....and I can't add any books that I haven't bought through Kindle...which is stupid because I have tons of PRC books that work fine on my Kindle for PC program.

But still...I've been dying to be able to watch www.ch131.com on my phone for over a year now....and this is the crap I get?? Nothing for Palm??? What a waste of money I spent. At least the games are better on Palm than Android...but for how long, right???

Any thoughts??? And, really, any ideas WHEN Flash 10.1 will be released...or, should I say, IF it will be released???

Thanks for listening...

Couch
    one of the reasons why its probably not getting flash is because the palm pre right now is slow, the OS is slow, they dont want to release flash that will make it even more dreaded slow and have palm owners complaining even more. I dont know about you but the HTC Evo 4G is an incredible device, dont know why you would say that "you keep people from realizing how poor of a device the HTC Evo truly is" when it keeps on getting sold out like crazy everywhere
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Flash Player 10.1 isn't dead n it is coming to all current and future Webos devices, yes pixi included.
    The reason for the delay is that the code for FlashPlayer 10.1 has been conflicting at times with the webos structure, however rest assured that Palm is correcting this by making the Code for Flash Player10.1 compatible with the Webos Apps and the Webos Internet experience.
    Flash Player 10.1 is coming and as I've been told rather soon, possiable with 2.0 but yet to be confirmed and finalized.
    Question for experts about Flash Player 10.1 mobile? VGA vs WVGA vs HVGA ?

I found on Adobe rich Internet applications | Adobe Flash Player system requirements at the end of that web page the mininum requirement of hardware and software for mobile devices. (not complete IMO) An it is only for devices with WVGA and VGA displays? (image attached)

The Palm Pre (Plus) have HVGA not WVGA or VGA. What are these differences between them?

Could be this the reason why are taking so long to run Flash 10.1 on the Palm Pre devices?

The videos showing Flash running on the Pre were not too accurate in performance ., or that is enough for you?

Will we just see Flash on new hardware and software and not on the actual Pre?

If you are an expert about Flash and VGA, HVGA and WVGA pls help us.

(I was browsing the adobe site and saw the OPEN SCREEN PROJECT FUND , Is Palm still funding this project, like the other partners? ) (Donīt see HP? On the list) Current Partners | Open Screen Project
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That youtube video link has been posted in this thread almost as many times as there are pages in this thread.
    I just wanted to share the fact that my pc tv video card company now offers a 10 dollar upgrade to allow it to host tv on the web. Requires Flash version 10.1 for Mac and PC use.
    WinTV v7.2 with Extend:
    the new TV application from Hauppauge
    Now with video streaming support for the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Apple Mac and Windows 7 based PCs

when will this end !?

I would be happy using ORB, but ORB is unable to use my tv card's IRBlaster to change channels. I can only watch 1 channel at a time. (but hey, at least they can support palm pre)
    I am sure this new upgrade for my tv card is really cool on the Iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Flash Player 10.1 isn't dead n it is coming to all current and future Webos devices, yes pixi included.
    The reason for the delay is that the code for FlashPlayer 10.1 has been conflicting at times with the webos structure, however rest assured that Palm is correcting this by making the Code for Flash Player10.1 compatible with the Webos Apps and the Webos Internet experience.
    Flash Player 10.1 is coming and as I've been told rather soon, possiable with 2.0 but yet to be confirmed and finalized.
    what. why should we believe you, where do you get your information ?
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaka View Post
    what. why should we believe you, where do you get your information ?
    +1
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I hardly see resolution as the roadblock here, if anything it is the exact opposite.

What some people fail to realize is that you cannot compare the speed of flash on say an EVO to a Palm pre and assume that just because the EVO is running at 1GHZ and does not perform amazingly that the Pre would perform terribly..

Nice in theory, except for the fact that with twice the amount of pixels with its WVGA screen, it also needs a lot more horsepower to push those amount of pixels.

This fact is evident even with Adobe's requirements you've listed on the page. This is the main reason the requirements are less for VGA than WVGA. (550MHZ A8 compared to 800mhz A8). (the pre has a 500mhz A8 stock)

So I don't really find it that unreasonable to think it would run ok on our devices even though it is underpowered compared to other devices of today.
    hey flea, mind posting a side by side comparison of the requirements and the pre's resources so I can understand what he is talking about !?
    no offense, but I am just like ahhhhhh.
    besides, I have to agree with my iphone friends (all my friends have em, I'm the only one I know with a pre) that it's a cheap phone, retail value today, 32 bucks trade in value vrs 450+ for any other latest platform.

Where is my latest state of the art pre, and is it still called pre ?

"Introducing the new H-Pre (get it? hp hp-re nevermind)"

"Dual core processor w/2 gigs ram (2 1ghz processors)"

"50 megapixal camera w/ more apps then there are miles to the moon." beat that droidy (next gen droid?)

"Now with better audio recording features like input volume adjust and mic sensitivity including Voice Dial, and Voice Memo !"
    Last edited by tweaka; 10/05/2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: DROIDY
    "Built in 'Bose' speakers w/laser light show"

"Revolutionary new Bottle opener app, and a Rock app so you can skip it across a lake, and a Paper towl app.",
    "Phone comes w/ ear buds that double as fishing lures."

Sent from my cool *** Palm Pre
    Last edited by tweaka; 10/05/2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: not my Black Berry
    Tweaka.. no offense but your friends are fools.. Correlation != Causation

The low resale value of the pre is largely due to the fact that you could basically get it for free for the past year + . I got mine for $0 when I signed a measly 2 year contract. Simply put, how could you have a high resale on something that anyone can get a good deal on? It hardly has to do with the phone being 'cheap'.

This is simple economics, an object is only worth as much someone else is willing to pay.
    when the palm pre gets flash player will the pixi also get it? Because I have a pixi and I would love to have flash player for my phone.
    We don't even know if the Pre is getting Flash. I guess we just have to wait and see.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My current theory is that flash will come with webOS 2.0 and the new hardware at CES in Jan 2011. I think Pixi will get flash, too.
    lol, I am not sure I know what your saying, but of course my friends are all fools ! Why Would anyone want a phone that thinks its a desktop in the first place is beyond me. However, this little pre makes a great smart phone for what I was willing to pay for it. I think they are referring to our phone's resources as compared to thiers. And they are right !
    Pre is my first ever smart phone, and from day 1, I realized that all you people are fools for thinking you can actually use it to surf the web. Maybe in an emergency yes, but after 1 hour in a dessert browsing for the nearest pizza joint, we are gonna need my wifes nokia to place the order cause my pre would have done died ! (I'm sure my friends all have spare batteries or are always plugged in, infact one dude even has an external batt sticking out of his all the time LOL)
    I'll stick with my laptop and a wifi before I will settle for a overated square pc phone.
    I like the river rock shape and the os the pre has. For that, I can live without all the FLASH. I will however take the hardware upgrade and a %50 larger model though,(LETS ALL AGREE ITS TOO SMALL PLEASE !?)
    software will come and go. (software smoftware)
    I suppose I could spring for the wifi app full version and run flash on my laptop and keep the pre plugged into my inverter.
    Not everyone, when on the go, is not heading home to use thier home pc and actual television sets. It's primary function is being a phone. When we look back at how badly we wanted flash to run on these "cell phones" we are gonna laugh imho.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    to those of you that still care about flash..
    P102 is your savior... And I would expect it around thanksgiving
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    to those of you that still care about flash..
    P102 is your savior... And I would expect it around thanksgiving
    Nah, it'll arrive on March and will have no flash

I for one no longer do care about flash, I'm happy with my Pre the way it is!
    I'm still hoping for WebOS 2.0 support (i.e probably when that phone is released)..

I'm not going to buy a new phone to get something that we were promised in the first place.

If not too bad, flash is not that important anyways, just nice to have

The reason I think it is coming in 2.0, is that it will make far more use of gpu acceleration, (think they changed the framework around it too). I can understand how our measly 500mhz stock processor would not perform well if flash is being currently being rendered in software, but doors would open up if it could be gpu accelerated.