Page 222 of 233 FirstFirst ... 122172212217218219220221222223224225226227232 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Adobe releases native 64-bit Linux Flash Player (7 years late)

Adobe Labs - Adobe Flash Player 10.1

So, ladies and gents... you can expect to have Flash on your Pre / Pixi no sooner than 2016
    Actually, it's far worse than that. A quick glance will at any page on the topic will tell you that the new 64-bit flashplayer for linux is a BETA. A public beta, but still a beta. Also, it's at least the second public beta they've had. The first one was eventually pulled after it had gone a year or so with no updates and somebody found a major security flaw.

So, it's more like, "we can expect a first public beta in 2014, the beta to disappear with little or no communication from Adobe in 2015, a second public beta that is still missing key features in 2016, and an actual release quality version some time around retirement."
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    is this out yet or are we still waiting. and if its not out does anyone know when it will come out to palm devices
    Do we know whether 2.0 will bring Flash????
    the dude from adobe i called told me to straight up forget flash and buy an android
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    the dude from adobe i called told me to straight up forget flash and buy an android
    Sorry I can't buy that!!!!

Adobe has allready released Flash to the carriers, we are waitting on the carriers to release it to us.

So the guy you spoke with is way misinformed, lying, or possibly has an interest or investment in the android platform (LOL).

And further, I have to add....after years in the IT arena (both hardware and software), no one you can call directly at a Adobe, or any other software developer, is going to give you as an outsider a straight answer or correct info.
    i agree doc. i didnt mean it as oh i will listen to him or that he is right. i just am annoyed bc as u mention yes it has been released to the carriers and i'm just wanting a tiny piece of the action. I've played with my bros Incredible, which has flash and it looks nice, its not blazing like a desktop/laptop flash page, but it looks good.
    Well, let me just post this, from Adobe's 'get flash' page:

Sorry Adobe® Flash® Player is not available from Adobe.com for your device's operating system or browser.

Isn't that nice? Grrrr.
    I love my pre

But it is so sad that from being the first mobile phone to support flash it became the last and we dont even know if we are getting it.
    My friend has an iPhone 4 with flash on it. Some guy in their homebrew community simply did a port of it over to iOS4. I don't understand, with our HUGE homebrew community how nobody has ever done this before. Anybody know what the deal is?
    My friend has an iPhone 4 with flash on it. Some guy in their homebrew community simply did a port of it over to iOS4. I don't understand, with our HUGE homebrew community how nobody has ever done this before. Anybody know what the deal is?
    Its barely ported, and embedded video does not work.. i.e its next to useless unless you want to watch strongbad videos..

Porting Flash, let alone getting it to work correctly on our devices is not an easy task, and just because both OS's are linux based and both use the webkit rendering engine, does not mean it is a simple port. I assure you, it is not..

Personally I don't think comex's implementation for iOS will ever be completed, its just going to take far too much time.

For us, since nobody has started, we might as well just wait.. as it will probably come sooner than someone attempting to start porting it now.
    Does anyone know if this version of Flash will work with Netflix?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Does anyone know if this version of Flash will work with Netflix?
    No. The web version of Netflix Instant stream is Microsoft Silverlight.
    I no longer want nor intend to install flash if it should show up. 15 months without,broken promises, never buyin,installin even any free Adontbe product
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No. The web version of Netflix Instant stream is Microsoft Silverlight.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that add-on. It would have been a nice feature. Hopefully someone someday can build a Netflix app.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about that add-on. It would have been a nice feature. Hopefully someone someday can build a Netflix app.
    It will have to be Netflix themselves due to many various reasons. They're about to roll out their app for Android and WP7, maybe webOS is next on their chart?
    Ive just spoke with one of the Adobe developers at WebExpo@Prague. He told me that he uses Flash on his WebOS device since last MAX and that it works great but they are focused now on improving Android flash and then theyll work on iPhone packager.
    So it works great but its not priority in actual enviroment.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    if it is so easy -- you should do it -- i will be one of the first to beta test your app
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    So is Adobe Flash on the Pre dead? Seems they changed their Flash screen on the Adobe page and there has been zero word from HP/Palm. Really a bummer if this is true.
    Would the flash work for games like Farmville or would we have to wait for a specific app for each game?
    I simply dont even want Flash anymore...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191