Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211216217218219220221222223224225226 231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    AHHH screw you over???? HOW???

By not giving you something that is free???

Why don't you get a programming degree, get hired by adobe, then make your lifes work porting flash to the WebOs platform.
    Actually -- and i am one of the people that would say that complaining about flash not being provided is whining --

But before i purchased my phone i viewed a video showing an Adobe employee explaining that adobe flash was pretty much all ready released and i believe his quote was -- i am here to demonstrate flash on the palm pre -- one of the first phones that will have flash capabilities
    now this was not the reason that i bought the phone but it might have added to my decision -- i am not ****ed that they did not give me a free piece of software but that they promised it and then never even offered an explanation why they have decided not to release it.. a month or so ago their web site was saying that they were working hard to provide flash to the webos community -- before that they were saying that it would be Q2 of last year -- all i want is for them to explain why -- hardware problems that they are not able to overcome or what ever ---

can you understand that ?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    besides it was adobe and palm that built this hype not this community -- we were told to expect it then told we are whinny babies when we camplain we weren't given it -- so i say screw adobe and stop just short of saying screw palm too --- some disclosure would be nice
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Adobe's site now says "Sorry adobe flash player is not available through adobe for your device." They list the nexus one as being the only supported device. I feel like a fool now because i used to go around saying "My phone will be able to do flash!" I feel like we were lied to. We were told WebOS would be the first mobile device to run flash. Clearly we lost the race, but are we ever going to get flash any time soon?
    Read the text in red above....it what it actually says...this is further proof that its not adobe, but Palm that is holding things up.
    The text in green above shows you went around spreading things that you had no basis in fact. Thus, you spread a rumor, based on conjector; and in turn made you (as you put it) a fool...for spreading a rumor that was that..A RUMOR.
    If everyone reads this article, it is clear it is now up to palm to implement and release Flash to us.

IMO..everyone should stop beating up the companies that provide us with free stuff. I would bet less than .2% of the users here could even begin to even understand what it takes to make what we all want happen.

Stop the whinning, and if ya think you can do better, start your own company and develope the webos platform better.

That's my 2 cents.
    That article mentions nothing about palm or webos -- what are you talking about -- again they are the ones who hyped it if it is a problem with palm why don't they come out and say so rather then double talk like this crap -- they produced the video of the pre running their software -- no one imaginged it -- so some information is expected -- not anticipated but expected ---
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    We were supposed to have a beta version of Flash back in February according to Jon Rubinstein during his CES talk in January.
    Adobe's site used to say flash is coming by the first half of 2010.
    Adobe's site now says "Sorry adobe flash player is not available through adobe for your device." They list the nexus one as being the only supported device. I feel like a fool now because i used to go around saying "My phone will be able to do flash!"
    I feel like we were lied to. We were told WebOS would be the first mobile device to run flash. Clearly we lost the race, but are we ever going to get flash any time soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Actually -- and i am one of the people that would say that complaining about flash not being provided is whining --

But before i purchased my phone i viewed a video showing an Adobe employee explaining that adobe flash was pretty much all ready released and i believe his quote was -- i am here to demonstrate flash on the palm pre -- one of the first phones that will have flash capabilities
    now this was not the reason that i bought the phone but it might have added to my decision -- i am not ****ed that they did not give me a free piece of software but that they promised it and then never even offered an explanation why they have decided not to release it.. a month or so ago their web site was saying that they were working hard to provide flash to the webos community -- before that they were saying that it would be Q2 of last year -- all i want is for them to explain why -- hardware problems that they are not able to overcome or what ever ---

When you went to buy the phone, did you test if for flash? Did it have flash then? No on both counts I am sure......so you bought a "HOPE IT HAS IT SOON". You had nothing in writting, or any formal promise. So you got what ya paid for....AM I RIGHT? I think so......
    Read the text in red above....it what it actually says...this is further proof that its not adobe, but Palm that is holding things up.
    The text in green above shows you went around spreading things that you had no basis in fact. Thus, you spread a rumor, based on conjector; and in turn made you (as you put it) a fool...for spreading a rumor that was that..A RUMOR.

watch the video -- he did not spread a rumor -- he quoted an adobe employee -- he spread their crap ---
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

you want answers? become a stock holder and goto the annual stock holders meeting. That's the best way to get answers!
    When you went to buy the phone, did you test if for flash? Did it have flash then? No on both counts I am sure......so you bought a "HOPE IT HAS IT SOON". You had nothing in writting, or any formal promise. So you got what ya paid for....AM I RIGHT? I think so......
    i am not saying that they owe me anything -- i would just like to know why things did not go as represented -- adobe has always done this that is why their market share is shriking --- ya we got what we paid for -- a great phone -- and we still don't have something from adobe that they promised -- a blatent mistatement on their part

screw addobe
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    That article mentions nothing about palm or webos -- what are you talking about -- again they are the ones who hyped it if it is a problem with palm why don't they come out and say so rather then double talk like this crap -- they produced the video of the pre running their software -- no one imaginged it -- so some information is expected -- not anticipated but expected ---
    Read the article again it does so mention WEBOS.

here is a clip from the 2nd paragraph of the article.......

" Devices supporting “Froyo” and Flash Player 10.1 are expected to include the Dell Streak, Google Nexus One, HTC Evo, HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, DROID by Motorola, Motorola Milestone, Samsung Galaxy S and others. Flash Player 10.1 was also released to mobile platform partners to be supported on devices based on Android, BlackBerry, webOS, future versions of Windows® Phone, LiMo, MeeGo and Symbian OS, and is expected to be made available via over-the-air downloads and to be pre-installed on smart phones, tablets and other devices in the coming months"
    you want answers? become a stock holder and goto the annual stock holders meeting. That's the best way to get answers!
    buy stock in a company that i don't believe in that fails in my eyes -- got some ocean front land for me to buy too ?

fan boy
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    buy stock in a company that i don't believe in that fails in my eyes -- got some ocean front land for me to buy too ?

fan boy
    I was only making a point, if you feel so strongly about this issue, then do something about it....don'y whine and cry here.....do something productive.

FAN BOY??? is that someone who has their eyes open, and see's the whole big picture, not just how I want it to be? if so then call me FAN BOY.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

fan boy
    By the way palm stock is only 5.69/share right now....small investment to make if ya really want an answer...1 share entitles you to answers and access to the board.
    So, I think flash 10 was installed on Palm Pre Plus.
    Yes, Corporations will answer any and all product-release questions fielded by small-time shareholders. That's how they work.
    Did someone say Free software ? really.
    Thats like saying my tv channel line up is also free. And there are no commercial ads on Free radio. I will relax though, and wait for the opportunity to get a free flash player on this phone or until the 300 bucks I need to upgrade to the phone that has it, magically appears. You may have a class action lawsuit for false advertising, mostly word of mouth on yourtub, but I'm affraid the most I could get each of you for your trouble right now is 32 bucks trade in value for the pre and maybe, a half tank of gas for you car. However, by the time this trial were to end the pre might be worthless and driving a car may be banned all together. Also, keep in mind, Abode will certainly take any video down from Yourtub, at which point it will be hard to prove we didnt fabricate the copied video ourselves. Sheep dont whine, bah bah bah !

The hardware for pre has been mentioned as a limitation earlier on.
    Despite webos is being mentioned in the artical, it doesnt say Pre the way it does other specific devices model names.

To the guy who thinks we should all get a clue how to program/port and compete with the big dogs before we lay claim to the nonsense of recent days, I am jealous of your blissssssssss

AHHH screw you over???? HOW???

By not giving you something that is free???

Why don't you get a programming degree, get hired by adobe, then make your lifes work porting flash to the WebOs platform.
    one thing to point out one's short cummings in how upset they are, it's another to say "Why dont you get a programmming degree, and then get hired by Abode, and then make it your life's work to PORT flash to the WebOS."

I am with ya on the 'I Hate Abode" ban. I love Abode. But the rest of your statements is just plain mean, uninformed and nasty. I am ashamed to be a part of it.

Life is good, love Abode, love your Palm, love Pre !
    Maybe the college grats at HP who make things they're lifes' work will find time in thier busy schedules to help a brother out and make a new Pre 3 that's 50% larger inside and out..
    50% larger inside and out..
    thats what the picket line should chant...
    we'll have 1/3 in front of Palm
    1/3 in front of HP
    and 1/3 out to lunch.
    oh, and the other 1/3 in front of Abode !
    50% larger inside and out.. !
    Last edited by tweaka; 09/20/2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: 50% larger inside and out..
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    adobe is not good. .. Now to eradicate all traces of sick flash cells from the world-wide-web! .. Hey adobe, how's that W3C validation going???
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Adobe releases native 64-bit Linux Flash Player (7 years late)

Adobe® Flash® Player "Square" is a preview release that enables native 64-bit support on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows operating systems, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 beta.
    Adobe Labs - Adobe Flash Player 10.1

So, ladies and gents... you can expect to have Flash on your Pre / Pixi no sooner than 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    adobe is not good. .. Now to eradicate all traces of sick flash cells from the world-wide-web! .. Hey adobe, how's that W3C validation going???
    Now you know Apoqe is not gonna answer you lol...
    I googled eradicate and W3C validation (service) and found a Adobe Forums: W3C CSS and Markup Validation Service thread that should be eradicated.

How do we check to see if a site passes ?
    (someone said google is laughable but didnt say the number of errors found)

I am still from sick flash cells....
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaka View Post
    Now you know Apoqe is not gonna answer you lol...
    I googled eradicate and W3C validation (service) and found a Adobe Forums: W3C CSS and Markup Validation Service thread that should be eradicated.

How do we check to see if a site passes ?
    (someone said google is laughable but didnt say the number of errors found)
    How can I include flash in valid (X)HTML Web pages?
    Many Flash authoring tools recommend, or enforce, the usage of the <embed> element to include flash animations or applications in Web pages. <embed>, however, was never part of any standardized version of HTML, and this practice produces invalid markup.
    Help for The W3C Markup Validation Service