Page 220 of 233 FirstFirst ... 120170210215216217218219220221222223224225230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4649
    We were supposed to have a beta version of Flash back in February according to Jon Rubinstein during his CES talk in January.
    Adobe's site used to say flash is coming by the first half of 2010.
    Adobe's site now says "Sorry adobe flash player is not available through adobe for your device." They list the nexus one as being the only supported device. I feel like a fool now because i used to go around saying "My phone will be able to do flash!"
    I feel like we were lied to. We were told WebOS would be the first mobile device to run flash. Clearly we lost the race, but are we ever going to get flash any time soon?
    Don't feel like a fool. I have the Evo and after a couple of days of using flash I disabled it. Even on a beast of a phone like the Evo it was sluggish, locked the phone up and practically unusable (videos were choppy, touch was slow to register on games, etc.)
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    So palm/adobe cancelled flash for webOS and nobody says a word to the public? Why won't palm just come out and say it? Are they scared or something?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I want Flash -.-''
    Does the Pre hardware support HW-accelerated 10.1 if the software were there?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I want flash too!!!
    My brother's Droid just got a notice to upload Adobe 10.1 tonite, I had to end the call we were on so he could execute it. He also can run ustream, qik and bambuser apps too without flash... We both had the pre at the same time for about 1 month 6 mos ago.
    Maybe, if we just keep doing what we are doing, and the phone can hold out a little longer, by this time next year we will be where everyone else is now.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    shows different message now when you try the url get.adobe.com/flash
    *** thats some bull-****. They are now saying that the device we are on is not supported.

I really dislike adobe right now for screwing us over..

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    As I'm an infrequent/never poster I can't post the link but I did come across this an Adobe page that has Flash running on the Palm Pre. Not much more info that that but if you google "Flash Player 10.1 demos and interviews" and "Adobe" I'm sure you can find the video's of Flash running on webOS via the Palm Pre. Why can't we?
    That's an old video...as far as Flash we are now waiting on Palm. I am not that worried about it now...when it comes it comes.
    From what I understand, there are also youtube videos of it, however they keep delaying giving it to us.

I'm thinking it's something that will either come with 2.0 or new hardware.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Here is link to release story from Adobe...its up to Palm now... 06222010FlashPlayerAvailability Like I said...when it comes it comes...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I didn't have time to run through all of the pages in this post, but did anyone notice the date of the originating story...Feb 15 2009...over a year and a half ago...and my how things have changed since then. Not that I'm trying to be negative or anything, but it does seem like old news...just sayin'

Screw you Adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post

Screw you Adobe.
    +1

this whole adobe thing has felt like a conversation with my 15 year old son -- did you do your homework (will we get flash) -- yes

good -- when --

i did not do it

but you said you did it

-- that was what you wanted to hear and it got you off of my back

-- oh well

screw you ---------------------------------------------adobe
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I've been saying this for a whle. Adobe and Palm to some degree screwed Palm Pre users. Palm should never have even referenced something that was nowhere near being available. I think it was misleading and led to sales of the Palm Pre to people who were expecting Flash to be released almost a year ago.

I don't want to hear another word or read another announcement from Adobe or Palm on the matter unless it's an annoucement that flash has been released.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    *** thats some bull-****. They are now saying that the device we are on is not supported.

I really dislike adobe right now for screwing us over..

-Toaster
    AHHH screw you over???? HOW???

By not giving you something that is free???

Why don't you get a programming degree, get hired by adobe, then make your lifes work porting flash to the WebOs platform.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Here is link to release story from Adobe...its up to Palm now... 06222010FlashPlayerAvailability Like I said...when it comes it comes...
    If everyone reads this article, it is clear it is now up to palm to implement and release Flash to us.

IMO..everyone should stop beating up the companies that provide us with free stuff. I would bet less than .2% of the users here could even begin to even understand what it takes to make what we all want happen.

Stop the whinning, and if ya think you can do better, start your own company and develope the webos platform better.

That's my 2 cents.