Page 22 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
    Yes! Another reason to love october..play off race, bball and now flash!
    wow a month away from flash on Pre!

We will be able to watch Hulu?
    Are Adobe or Palm still standing by this promise?

- Craig
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Are Adobe or Palm still standing by this promise?

- Craig
    They haven't talked about it lately.
    But the original promise was to release in October , which is the same time HERO hits market with FLASH.

This is a big deal, considering the fact folks can view majority of the videos from websites. It will be a "must" feature for the upcoming smart phones.
    my c2d laptop ia sluhgish isometimes with flash. i predict it will be sluggish on the pre too
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I wouldn't mind having flash implementation to applications...but I would most likely disable flash content for websites. However seeing most people want flash so they can watch their shows. Just do what I do...

Setup a Media Center PC, record your shows, use ORB to stream it (MCEBuddy to transcode for direct Palm Pre Playback). However Orb for the Pre is craptastic at best and am patiently waiting for updates or kinoma free play to get off their butts and port their software for crying out loud.
    Step 1-10<flash app... Sorry. you might wanna spend 45 minutes setting this up... Most people don't..."for crying out loud"
    I'm really annoyed with the people who asked questions that were answered on the first couple pages of this thread, but they just couldn't be bothered to scroll up.

Anyway, How does the youtube app work? I assume they convert the video serverside before sending it to the pre, but what do they convert it into? mp4?
    When I try to view something on my pre it says I need to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. When I do that it gives me several options to select from the Operating System. 1. Windows Vista/XP/2003/2000, 2. Windows 98/ME 3. Macintosh OS X 10.4 - 10.6 and 4. Macintosh X 10.1 - 10.3 OS, Linux and another one. Which one do I need to download to see the things it won't let me see?

Any help would be great! THANKS!
    Flash is available on very few phones, and the Pre is not currently on that list. Word has it that the Pre will have Adobe Flash Lite in October sometime, but no confirmation on the ETA yet.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 09/15/2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    You need to wait until Flash is available for the Pre (maybe next month)
    Do you think it will come out as an update or app?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robjvela View Post
    Do you think it will come out as an update or app?
    I hope it's an update. Because if it's an app, unless Palm changes things, I won't be able to download it.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I haven't seen anything about support for Flash in 1.2. Was wondering if they may put a program into the app catalog to run flash instead of building it into the browser. Just hoping it comes sooner rather then later.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    search, its been covered before. look @ October for flash. how well is it going to run with no video driver?
    The battery is already pretty bad so I can't imagine flash being a good idea. I do want it but I don't see it helping the battery situation. It is supposed to be available oct 11th
    Quote Originally Posted by hydes2004 View Post
    search, its been covered before. look @ October for flash. how well is it going to run with no video driver?
    Isn't the processor made to support video? So I would think the driver is allready built in to the chip-set software to support this.

At least thats how it looks when you look atht ewebsite that sells the chip in the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Isn't the processor made to support video? So I would think the driver is allready built in to the chip-set software to support this.

At least thats how it looks when you look atht ewebsite that sells the chip in the Pre.
    There aren't really drivers that take advantage of that chip right now. Right now all the work is done on the CPU it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    There aren't really drivers that take advantage of that chip right now. Right now all the work is done on the CPU it seems.
    Doesn't the CPU act as a graphics card as well though?

Thats how the website describes it at least.
    Pehaps there will be a way to disable flash when not in use to save the battery