Page 214 of 233 FirstFirst ... 114164204209210211212213214215216217218219224 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4649
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    What are the implications? Discuss.

Personally, I think it means Flash is coming .
    Works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    don't see why the portal would have to go down for flash to come. and this was acttualy planed mantinance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    Personally, I think it means Flash is coming .
    That's a shame.
    HPalm and Adobe had better do something soon. The sling box will only work with Flash and football season is in Preseason now. On top of that it will be the only way Sprint and AT&T users will get the NFL network.
    I WANT MY FOOTBALL ON WEBOS
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    HPalm and Adobe had better do something soon. The sling box will only work with Flash and football season is in Preseason now. On top of that it will be the only way Sprint and AT&T users will get the NFL network.
    I WANT MY FOOTBALL ON WEBOS
    Orb works fine using the Pre's webkit browser.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Orb works fine using the Pre's webkit browser.
    ^^ +1 Orb works great for this
    Hi I'm with bell mobility,

I have upgrade to webos 1.45

When I go to a site that has flash, it always shows my a logo of missing plugin. You know a lego with question mark on it.

Is it because I don't have flash. What I have read is that webOs 1.45 has the flash 10.1

right?

How can I verify that I have flash? I did check my version and it says 1.45.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Flash is not yet available. The internal software needed to run flash was included in 1.4.1 but flash itself is not yet available for download.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Flash. Right?

Wrong!

We have all been waiting for Flash 10.1 since Adobe demonstrated it on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $last$ $year$, $and$ $promised$ $delivery$ &$quot$;$soon$.&$quot$;

Now it looks like we may have to wait for WebOS 2.0.

Bummer. Especially since Adobe just released Flash for Android a few weeks ago.
    Thank you for clarifying this. Everywhere you read that flash is in the update of 1.45. Nowhere on the net you see that flash is not right there. I went to adobe flash web site with the palm pre. When I click download flash, it's says what you guys been telling me: flash is not yet ready.
    I sure hope it is soon . I cannot wait for flash on my pre. It looked fine on the Demo Video hehe . Well, I hope we do not have to wait for Web Os 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    Flash. Right?

Wrong!

We have all been waiting for Flash 10.1 since Adobe demonstrated it on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $last$ $year$, $and$ $promised$ $delivery$ &$quot$;$soon$.&$quot$;

Now it looks like we may have to wait for WebOS 2.0.

Bummer. Especially since Adobe just released Flash for Android a few weeks ago.
    IIRC flash wasn't actually demoed on the Pre until 2010. Pretty sure on that, just saying it wasn't last year, but it has been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    IIRC flash wasn't actually demoed on the Pre until 2010. Pretty sure on that, just saying it wasn't last year, but it has been a while.

It's been a while though. It was over a year ago when Adobe announced that the WebOS would be getting Flash. I don't remember the actual day that Adobe made the announcement, but it was a long time ago. I don't know if we will ever get Flash. I hope we do, but everyday that passes, causes me to lose more and more hope.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    It's been a while though. It was over a year ago when Adobe announced that the WebOS would be getting Flash. I don't remember the actual day that Adobe made the announcement, but it was a long time ago. I don't know if we will ever get Flash. I hope we do, but everyday that passes, causes me to lose more and more hope.
    Hope? what's that?
    I lost all will to have flash after I couldn't see the world cup on my Pre. It should had been great to have it by then, but no, it didn't happen, and I really don't think it'll happen anytime soon.
    I can only think that the current hardware/OS is not able to run it effectively. Probably waiting for Roadrunner.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I can only think that the current hardware/OS is not able to run it effectively. Probably waiting for Roadrunner.
    Why do you think that Pre hardware is not compatible ?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Didn't you see where that was a hoax? Someone modified the analytics code used inside the Foursquare app. Besides, the hardware is most likely capable of running flash efficiently, it's more of a software issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Didn't you see where that was a hoax? Someone modified the analytics code used inside the Foursquare app......
    Not exactly...it was noted that "it could be faked". After the Foursquare app developer outed how to spoof the ID, there was a run on fictitiously identified devices in developers logs within the next day....copy cat criminals. The original two instances of a "roadrunner" device still seem very plausible....including the 'Retina'-esque resolution device.
    At 18:06 of today's Android Central Podcast, Adobe's Ryan Stewart talks about the state of Flash on mobile platforms. His specific quote regarding WebOS is that the Flash plugin is "less close with HP".