Page 212 of 233 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202207208209210211212213214215216217 222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4649
    If only we had a flash thread.....
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Yea! HPalm what is taking so long?????????????????????

Well HURRY UP!!!

http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Flash is WAY overrated.
    pretty sure that palm isn't the company that makes Flash.

it's either Adobe or Marvel. I'll se if I can figure out which one through the googles...
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Flash is WAY overrated.
    Yea, you right to some extent. But many of us need it for many dif reasons, so it would be good to have it now, or soon...very soon.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzhan View Post
    Ive waited so long to have flashplayer and anticipated it being on the new update...what a let down.

Really you've been a member here for 9 months and did such little reading that you expected it in the release we have been waiting on for a couple to few months now??? Should spend more time using search or keeping an eye on a handful of threads, plenty of info about flash (and the fact that at least to this point it WILL NOT be part of an OTA update).
    <<threads merged>>
    This is what it shows now .

" Palm® continues to work with Adobe® to bring Flash® Player 10.1 to webOS™ as quickly as possible. At present, the integration work between Flash Player and webOS is undergoing extensive testing to ensure we deliver a high quality implementation. "
    Interesting I got Flash 10.1 update on my Vista x64 computer this morning. Hopefully the mobile version isn't far behind.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Maybe we will get Flash when AT&T and Verizon get 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Maybe we will get Flash when AT&T and Verizon get 1.4.5.
    still zero correlation between Flash and 1.4.5, if it did happen it would be coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Flash is WAY overrated.
    Not if you want to see half the websites on the internet working properly. I miss it badly on my iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Not if you want to see half the websites on the internet working properly. I miss it badly on my iPad.
    I've had had the official 10.1 Flash on the Evo now for over a week (came with Android 2.2), it's definitely a letdown and I now run with it disabled. It causes the phone to be sluggish when browsing the internet with pages that contain flash and just the other day consumed 15% of my batter in just under 20 minutes.

Also tried playing a few games; performance was okay but the touch controls are iffy on a lot of the games making it very unenjoyable.

Can't say that I've missed flash on the iPad, there's been maybe two or three occurrences where a page was un-viewable due to flash in the past 4 months that I've owned the iPad. Most videos are now encoded to be compatible with non-flash devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    still zero correlation between Flash and 1.4.5, if it did happen it would be coincidental.
    Is it possible that flash for webOS will be a PDK or PDK/SDK hybrid? It would allow flash to use GPU exceleration. If so, the delayed 1.4.5 release (verison/att) could be related to a delayed flash release?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Is it possible that flash for webOS will be a PDK or PDK/SDK hybrid? It would allow flash to use GPU exceleration. If so, the delayed 1.4.5 release (verison/att) could be related to a delayed flash release?
    WebOS has been flash compatible since 1.4 IIRC, regardless the OS has had the compatibility.

I would also assume that as it has been advertised flash would have run off the original PDK (not requiring 1.4.5), it would fall under the relationship that EA, Gameloft, and Glu had/have with Palm/WebOS. Flash has been in development long before the hybrid PDK....
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I've had had the official 10.1 Flash on the Evo now for over a week (came with Android 2.2), it's definitely a letdown and I now run with it disabled. It causes the phone to be sluggish when browsing the internet with pages that contain flash and just the other day consumed 15% of my batter in just under 20 minutes.

Also tried playing a few games; performance was okay but the touch controls are iffy on a lot of the games making it very unenjoyable.

Can't say that I've missed flash on the iPad, there's been maybe two or three occurrences where a page was un-viewable due to flash in the past 4 months that I've owned the iPad. Most videos are now encoded to be compatible with non-flash devices.
    Really? I hit a site or blog everyday where I can't watch the video because it's in Flash on my iPad. It sucks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by jermando636 View Post
    This is what it shows now .

" Palm® continues to work with Adobe® to bring Flash® Player 10.1 to webOS™ as quickly as possible. At present, the integration work between Flash Player and webOS is undergoing extensive testing to ensure we deliver a high quality implementation. "
    yeah, I noticed that now. They may have been testing things out when i checked...or it was just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Really? I hit a site or blog everyday where I can't watch the video because it's in Flash on my iPad. It sucks.
    That's actually my main reason for wanting flash at all (especially in the way it is to be implemented in webos as a standalone). I just want to be able to watch the video when I want to watch the video, tap on the video and flash app pops up to handle it.... just like the youtube app. Also will make for easier youtube/FB use, so you can go straight to the link you want to get without having to search (and sometimes find the youtube video thru the app)....

Flash on WebOS really isn't a huge deal for me any more, but it will have it's uses for forum browsing and news reading/watching engaget, digglo, newsroom will all be more usable with flash. I do the vast majority of my news reading on my phone.
    So heres the deal. I know that webOS is behind the big boys like android and blackberry OS... But come on....we've been patiently waiting for a simple update for a while now.. The palm and pixi for sprint got it!! When is verison and AT&T gonna get on some action with 1.4.5.??? The way things are going.. months from now? Flash is curently running on a bunch of smatphones right now... I'm paying 29.99 a month I want the best. If I don't have at least 1.4.5 or flash in the next couple of weeks...I'm gonna go to version and end my contract with the pre plus...even if that means if I have to pay 350 dallors to end it... People all I'm saying is if ur gonna be paying as much as you do...would you stay with webOS and not have flash or pay the same and have flash with android froyo 2.2??=)
    Uh... Not going anywhere.