Page 211 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111161201206207208209210211212213214215216221 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4649
  1. #4201  
    I still wonder how well it will run on the pre... most of the phones that are getting it (the droids in other words) have 1ghz speeds. Lets face it, the pre isn't the fastest phone on the planet
  2. #4202  
    Quote Originally Posted by swarley View Post
    I still wonder how well it will run on the pre... most of the phones that are getting it (the droids in other words) have 1ghz speeds. Lets face it, the pre isn't the fastest phone on the planet
    While the pre definitely isn't the fastest phone out there, from all the videos that I have seen with flash running on the pre, I think it will do just fine. Especially if you have an overclock. I just hope that if flash truly does hinder the browsers performance, we will get an option not to use it if we don't want to. I think that is one crucial feature that must be included.
  3. #4203  
    Thunderchief baby...

    Although my bro has an EVO,updated 2.2. I gotta say I was impressed.
  4. #4204  
    Funny, when I went to that page, it tells me that "Flash Player for the iPhone is not available yet"...

    Is there some setting I might have that makes my Pre+ emulate the iPhone in the browser?
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  5. #4205  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Funny, when I went to that page, it tells me that "Flash Player for the iPhone is not available yet"...

    Is there some setting I might have that makes my Pre+ emulate the iPhone in the browser?
    Im still getting the app that loads up, this is on a sprint pre.
  6. #4206  
    To uninstall the iPhone spoof you need to use Quick install and just remove the patch from device management. The Pre will restart and there ya go.
  7. #4207  
    My Sprint Pre still points to the conversion app this morning on get.adobe.com/flashplayer so here's to hoping they are going to replace that with the real deal soon..
  8. #4208  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Just giving credit where credit is due, someone else grabbed your credit for this discovery on the PreCentral Home page.

    Barry
    Hi Barry, thanks for that, I saw it was posted on the front page, has anyone found out why it points to that conversion app? Someone said the app was made by an Indian company well according to Adobes contact us page on thier website they have a R&D office in India! I can't wait for the plug in I am hoping it makes the BBC iPlayer work! It's the program I miss most from my old windows phone
  9. #4209  
    I'll assume unless corrected here that the reason the thread posting the Flash update link was locked because a mod determined that the link was a fraud. Does that mean the image posted along with that thread's first post also was a fraud, or was there really a page up temporarily offering Flash, if only for 1.3.5? Any confirmation or discrediting of evidence about Flash for WebOS is appreciated. After all, this anticipation thread is at 213 pages. I'm quite the fan of the theory that it's getting prepped for release before the Android 2.2 update, if only because WebOS deserves it.

    Edit: So I read the Palm official explanation on the matter -- residual beta test stuff that wasn't supposed to still be visible. I'm still holding out hope that the 1.4.5 update carries this item in its wake.
    Last edited by OrlandoAlex; 08/11/2010 at 09:02 PM.
  10. #4210  
    This is no hoax if it is linking to an app in the app catalog from adobe.com.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11. #4211  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    I'll assume unless corrected here that the reason the thread posting the Flash update link was locked because a mod determined that the link was a fraud. Does that mean the image posted along with that thread's first post also was a fraud, or was there really a page up temporarily offering Flash, if only for 1.3.5? Any confirmation or discrediting of evidence about Flash for WebOS is appreciated. After all, this anticipation thread is at 213 pages. I'm quite the fan of the theory that it's getting prepped for release before the Android 2.2 update, if only because WebOS deserves it.
    Front Page article for those who didn't see it (read update #2):

    http://www.precentral.net/flash-webo...e-launches-app
  12. #4212  
    so if I go to stat tracker in Yahoo and click on the icon, it directs me to 'get flash' page. If I click on the 'get flash' link, it directs me to the Palm app catalog to an app called 'Conversion'. It used to take me to the generic message saying that Palm and flash were working to integrate the flash issues blah blah blah. Has anyone else noticed this change too?
  13. #4213  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    so if I go to stat tracker in Yahoo and click on the icon, it directs me to 'get flash' page. If I click on the 'get flash' link, it directs me to the Palm app catalog to an app called 'Conversion'. It used to take me to the generic message saying that Palm and flash were working to integrate the flash issues blah blah blah. Has anyone else noticed this change too?
    That is interesting. I don't think that mine did that before (before what? 1.4.5 maybe.) The disturbing thing is that I get "This application is not available in your country." here is AUS.
  14. #4214  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    That is interesting. I don't think that mine did that before (before what? 1.4.5 maybe.) The disturbing thing is that I get "This application is not available in your country." here is AUS.
    As long as it's free it won't be a problem
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  15. Ferenczy's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #4215  
    I really don't know where to post this question, so this place seems as good as any. It is about watching video on my phone. I seen an ad on RadioTime for a service called ZapVideo. They claimed to provide movies (1000's) and TV shows for viewing on our phones. But when I looked a little closer it looks more like a ($5 a week) texting service where they send you the latest in entertainment gossip. It's all rather confusing. Was it just misleading/false advertizing?
  16. #4216  
    Ive waited so long to have flashplayer and anticipated it being on the new update...what a let down.
  17. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #4217  
    yeah I hear ya.
  18. #4218  
    Can Palm and curse them out?...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  19. #4219  
    Not sure it would do any good..they probably heard it all by now.
  20. #4220  
    At least you got the update.... vzw....

    -Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions