Page 209 of 233 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199204205206207208209210211212213214 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4649
    90% of the videos on the web are flash based or embedded within flash. Sure you can go to you tube and some other sites. But when you navigate to your favorite news site or the best Cellular site, PreCentral the WebOS game is over. There is no way HP can bring out new hardware and not have Flash when Android and now Apple have it. A customer will never make it past the salesperson that will make it a point to put down the HPalm phone. With the first showing of Flash 10.1 on a Pre and the MASSIVE programmer staff at HP you would think we would have had it the first week of July.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    well as stated by Palm a while back, they enabled the ability already, and dont know what the hold up is with ADOBE, so you should point the finger to ADOBE not Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    As far as porting goes, it's VERY difficult to port a closed source application.

In fact, it's more or less impossible.
    Not to mention completely in violation of their intellectual property rights.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    well as stated by Palm a while back, they enabled the ability already, and dont know what the hold up is with ADOBE, so you should point the finger to ADOBE not Palm.
    I thought Adobe gave the app to Palm back in June for testing and/or approval???

http://www.precentral.net/palm-has-f...-when-will-you

Flash Player 10.1 was also released to mobile platform partners to be supported on devices based on Android, BlackBerry, webOS, future versions of Windows® Phone, LiMo, MeeGo and Symbian OS, and is expected to be made available via over-the-air downloads and to be pre-installed on smart phones, tablets and other devices in the coming months.
    Edit: And straight from the horse's mouth... http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...ilability.html
    Last edited by sinime; 08/10/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Just out of interest what do our American cousins get when they type in get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ on the Palm phone because I get taken to the App catalogue but it says 'This application is not available in your country'.

I'm on 02 UK btw.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It takes me to the App catalog for an app called Conversion by All Conversion Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Just out of interest what do our American cousins get when they type in get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ on the Palm phone because I get taken to the App catalogue but it says 'This application is not available in your country'.

I'm on 02 UK btw.
    Strange....I get taken to the App Cat and to an App called Conversion by All Conversion Inc.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i'm from Germany. I get directed to the app catalogue and i says that the app is not available in my country...

strange.... thers's something going on ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Strange....I get taken to the App Cat and to an App called Conversion by All Conversion Inc.
    Is it a proper App that you download? It seems those outside the USA get the 'This application is not available in your country' page... I used to get a holding page saying Flash coming soon or something.

Something is definitely going on in the App cat
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Thats what I get as well. Just went to Hulu.com and on the homepage it says to download the latest version. When I click download, I get redirected to the app catalog for app Conversions.

The app definitely didn't get flash working though
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    it takes me to that app...its a web/beta app

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    why am I all of a sudden being redirected to an app when I try to go to the web page get.adobe.com/flash.... ?
    WOW, I thought this was fake but it isnt. It redirects to "Conversion" app. Maybe Flash will come with the 1.4.5 update to USA?
    same here. Strange..
    Very Interesting.
    Probably Adobe experimenting to see how they would deploy the flash plug-in. It's a placeholder.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I don't think this is real. The links to Developer Home and Support both go to "samprak.com.

Plus the web address for adobe is get.adobe.com/flashplayer, not just /flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by richbarr View Post
    I don't think this is real. The links to Developer Home and Support both go to "samprak.com.

Plus the web address for adobe is get.adobe.com/flashplayer, not just /flash.
    /flashplayer does the exact same thing.

It's obviously some sort of placeholder and or mistake
    It's a sign thay Adobe is having a conversation about Flash... Duh
    I think I speak for most when I say;