Page 207 of 233 FirstFirst ... 107157197202203204205206207208209210211212217 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4649
    is it really true?
    Yes it is there, but it doesn't work.
    Last edited by iwalkthrowwalls; 08/01/2010 at 11:59 PM.
    ITS A SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! According to Webos Round up
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think it is actually Flashlight Player.
    no it is a joke,scam,not real
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    fake pplz don't go for it..
    Hello, I picked up my Palm Pre Plus yesterday, and put it to the test last night. I have already experienced the current Android system, but when I saw Pre offered at such a low price, and read up on all the reviews which seemed to equate it's uses, options, and entertainment functions to iphone, I thought it would do fine (if not better) for all the money it would save. Well, my Droid Incredible (which I am sending back because Verizon is blatantly dishonest with it's coverage map, and AT&T has always been known to provide fairly adequate voice coverage for a certain family home) played flash video out of the box from streaming video sites like Zshare and Novamov, but these sites choked up my Palm. Actually, my new Pre Plus did more with the streaming sites than Windows or PC linux will when you don't install Adobe Flash first - at least it loaded a control screen for the vids, but it then choked when I tried to launch them, leaving a blank white screen!

I don't actually mind installing a plugin, if it will work, but I could find none through the apps catalog under the search terms "adobe" or "flash player". Then again, the appearance of a video control screen on these sites sort of makes me wonder if something was (like my Android phone) pre-installed on my new Palm for the handling of streaming video, but isn't working properly.

I read up a bit more on Palm, and found that HP/Palm has been teasing the user community with the promise of a flash video update (through the apps catalog) since at least January of this year, but could find no word on this since the last such promise, which was in March. Anyone know what's going on? Can I get streaming video support (not just YouTube) on my Pre Plus, or should it be expected soon? If I have it already, does anyone know how to troubleshoot it?
    Last edited by Use_Choosername; 08/03/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Use_Choosername View Post
    Hello, I picked up my Palm Pre Plus yesterday, and put it to the test last night. I have already experienced the current Android system, but when I saw Pre offered at such a low price, and read up on all the reviews which seemed to equate it's uses, options, and entertainment functions to iphone, I thought it would do fine (if not better) for all the money it would save. Well, my Droid Incredible (which I am sending back because Verizon is blatantly dishonest with it's coverage map, and AT&T has always been known to provide fairly adequate voice coverage for a certain family home) played flash video out of the box from streaming video sites like Zshare and Novamov, but these sites choked up my Palm. Actually, my new Pre Plus did more with the streaming sites than Windows or PC linux will when you don't install Adobe Flash first - at least it loaded a control screen for the vids, but it then choked when I tried to launch them, leaving a blank white screen!

I don't actually mind installing a plugin, if it will work, but I could find none through the apps catalog under the search terms "adobe" or "flash player". Then again, the appearance of a video control screen on these sites sort of makes me wonder if something was (like my Android phone) pre-installed on my new Palm for the handling of streaming video, but isn't working properly.

I read up a bit more on Palm, and found that HP/Palm has been teasing the user community with the promise of a flash video update (through the apps catalog) since at least January of this year, but could find no word on this since the last such promise, which was in March. Anyone know what's going on? Can I get streaming video support (not just YouTube) on my Pre Plus, or should it be expected soon? If I have it already, does anyone know how to troubleshoot it?

Not here yet. The only information is on the Adobe Flash Player website. It is on its way though. Someday...

There are lots of threads on this. This one will most certainly be moved soon.

Welcome to the Pre-Central community, you will like the folks here.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/08/2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: no edit... accidental button push
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Not here yet. The only information is on the Adobe Flash Player website. It is on its way though. Someday...

There are lots of threads on this. This one will most certainly be moved soon.

Welcome to the Pre-Central community, you will like the folks here.
    Thanks!
    <<threads merged>>
    Can someone not just port Flash from the Android into the WebOS? This is how the jailbreak community created Frash.

I don't see what stops us?
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenfro View Post
    Can someone not just port Flash from the Android into the WebOS? This is how the jailbreak community created Frash.

I don't see what stops us?
    Well, how about the law? Flash isn't open-source - it's owned by Adobe and I'm sure they would respond pretty quickly to something like that. When people talk about 'porting' an app over to webOS, they mean by the Developer... not some random guy who has no claim to that company's intellectual property. Only the dev can port over their product.
    Thank you for some sober thought Newman. Face slaps for the rest of y'all.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think they should drag this out as long as possible, kind of like a big joke.

There is nothing like watching some guy with a working version of something, on YouTube, and still not having anything a year later.

I am sure they have mothballed flash, until their vaporware C40 comes out.

Really makes me feel giddy.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/05/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Language
    Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
    I think they should drag this out as long as possible, kind of like a big joke.

There is nothing like watching some guy with a working version of something, on YouTube, and still not having anything a year later.

I am sure they have mothballed flash, until their vaporware C40 comes out.

Really makes me feel giddy.
    You need a hobby if not having flash "really makes me feel giddy." Sure I want/wanted it too, but damn...

Aye I edited my own language before you did.... ryleyinstl
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/07/2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Language
    What's odd is that in Preware and AppScoop; there was a listing for a Beta Flash-Player, but the link never opened anything. So either the Beta Flash-Player is due out soon, or someone was playing an unfunny joke. I personally don't think the player is coming out anytime soon, because the news on the player hasn't changed in months. We honestly may never get the player at this rate.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    What's odd is that in Preware and AppScoop; there was a listing for a Beta Flash-Player, but the link never opened anything. So either the Beta Flash-Player is due out soon, or someone was playing an unfunny joke. I personally don't think the player is coming out anytime soon, because the news on the player hasn't changed in months. We honestly may never get the player at this rate.
    LOL... I take it you don't read the P|C front page too often?

http://www.precentral.net/fake-apps-beta-web-feed
    I wonder if Adobe is waiting until the Fall or Winter before they release the Flash-Player? Their goal of releasing the player by the first half of 2010 is dead, but maybe Adobe can still offer the player before this year is up. If the player doesn't come out by October or November, then it may never come out. My biggest worry is that the player won't be worth the wait. That the Flash-Player will act like it did on my Verizon LG EnV Touch, and barely work at all. Or that Abobe might disable TV sites like Hulu; which would ruin the player altogether.
    Hopefully though, Good Things Happen To Those Who Wait.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel