Page 202 of 233 FirstFirst ... 102152192197198199200201202203204205206207212 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Nexus One Android got it today.
    Thats actually old now....Evo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Thats actually old now....Evo...
    I mean Nexus One got over the air 2.2 Froyo update with flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I mean Nexus One got over the air 2.2 Froyo update with flash.
    We are still trying to get 1.4.5 and maybe Flash will be out in about a week or two. I could careless about flash anyways.
    Flash compatibility has been in webOS since 1.3.5 I believe (or 1.3 otherwise). Flash Betas have been demonstrated on Pres since March or so. It was Adobe that didn't deliver the goods. Now, apparently, Adobe has delivered and they could probably release the Plugin to the App Catalog now but I think the hold-up might be connected to 1.4.5 still.

I'm not sure at all, but aren't there ways to have Flash apps do unwanted stuff with your system? If so, Palm may figure that they want to get Sandboxing out to the masses with 1.4.5 before subjecting them to possible infiltration. Would make sense.

And 1.4.5 kinda has to be imminent - the PDK Hot Apps competition starts the day after tomorrow, and in order for mainstream developer PDK apps to be allowed into the catalog, people need the Sandboxing feature of 1.4.5. I'm really curious what the one carrier that had objections about the update was having problems with.

Myself, I'm looking forward to flash coming. I won't be happy when it happens, but I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling - I can now really see all the content that's out there.
    In reality, I'll probably only use it to watch the odd video once in a blue moon - and, of course, to bookmark http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com for convenient use in those special moments.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 06/30/2010 at 05:46 AM.
    Myself, I'm looking forward to flash coming. I won't be happy when it happens, but I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling - I can now really see all the content that's out there.
    In reality, I'll probably only use it to watch the odd video once in a blue moon - and, of course, to bookmark Instant No Button! Star Wars funnies FTW! for convenient use in those special moments.

what's up w/ this link?
    I hit the link(like a dumbazz)and my pre rebooted.
    You're not a dumbazz; it's not a malware site or anything. It IS flash, though, and while I just went there with my Pre and it (obviously) doesn't work, mine didn't reboot, so it was probably just a coincidence.

All the website does is display a picture of Darth Vader and a "Noooooooooooo-Button" that, when pressed, plays a sound bite of Vader screaming "Nooooooooooooo" in Return of the Jedi.

Is a very handy thing for Englishpeople to have bookmarked when their national team plays. They get a lot of use out of it.
    Isn't today the last day of june? So the first half of 2010 is over??
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    And Adobe met their schedule, 10.1 is released. Palm never committed to when it would appear in the app catalog though.
    Ah correct, thanks dave
    Yea, clear that up for me. Last I heard Adobe said, ... hey we released it to Palm, but Palm was like HUH?
    I wonder if that's part of the whole PDK Contest/Update Delay thingy...maybe it required some tweek on Palm's end...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Hi all,

I found this on the NY Times today. I truly do not have an opinion, as this all truly out of my area. However, I thought it would interest all of you and I hope it does!

Take care, Jay

YouTube: Flash Still Beats HTML5
    By MIKE MELANSON of ReadWriteWeb, June 30, 2010

YouTube - Flash Still Beats HTML5 - NYTimes.com

The battle between HTML5 and Adobe Flash for dominance over video on the Web is likely to end poorly for one of the two, and lately it's been looking worse and worse for Flash. Steve Jobs wrote an open letter to the Web stating why Flash would remain banned from iPhones and iPads, and just yesterday, Apple got an "unexpected ally" in its anti-Flash crusade - the adult entertainment industry.

But today, just to keep from making things too cut and dry, Google-owned video site YouTube has come out with a list of its own reasons why Flash is here to stay - for now - and HTML5 simply isn't qualified to handle the job at hand.

Overall, YouTube software engineer John Harding's argument comes down to one simple statement: "We need to do more than just point the browser at a video file like the image tag does - there's a lot more to it than just retrieving and displaying a video." He goes on to list several points where Flash still beats the up-and-coming HTML5 <video> tag.

In short, Harding says that HTML5 video doesn't have the more robust features like camera and microphone access, content protection or even full-screen video display. HTML5 also lacks the "robust video streaming" necessary for streaming full movies and live events, as has become more and more common on YouTube. Beyond these features, Flash offers a single video format, whereas the battle over HTML5 video formats (for which Google's recently introduced WebM as one solution) has not yet been won. This means Flash video can be used wherever Flash is installed, while HTML5 depends on video format and browser - an unacceptable condition for YouTube's vast user base.

So while Steve Jobs has come out with his reasons for abandoning Flash - from battery life to poor security to poor performance on mobile devices - it looks like YouTube has offered its own laundry list of reasons for keeping Flash on its throne.

Copyright 2010 ReadWriteWeb. All Rights Reserved.

ReadWriteWeb is an independent technology blog. Read More »
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Finally the biggest video provider tells people the truth. HTML5 for video is lacking. Anybody seriously into video distribution knows it.

Apple products don't need Flash because of apps. But the internet needs Flash because of Internet Explorer. And since IE9 won't be released for XP, that problem will be around for a long time to come..
    The New Message on Flash...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I just noticed this. At least they're keeping us somewhat updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I just noticed this. At least they're keeping us somewhat updated.
    yea, I'm more excited about this than the actual webOS update...
    From the Adobe site from a Pre

Palm® continues to work with Adobe® to bring Flash® Player 10.1 to webOS™ as quickly as possible. At present, the integration work between Flash Player and webOS is undergoing extensive testing to ensure we deliver a high quality implementation.
    Copyright © 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nascar_fan; 07/01/2010 at 12:47 PM.
    I just checked yesterday and it still had the message about "first half of 2010." I guess the had to change it from that
    What is frustrating to me is that Palm told us in January we'd be able to download a beta of this and we were never able to. Adobe gave a beta to Nexxus One. Why is it we have to wait for final version or nothing? I just want to enjoy it even at the level it was demo'd 6+ months ago. I don't need it perfect, as webOS has glitches of its own. Just please give us something!