Page 2 of 233 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    This phone is going to be Sprint's golden phone. Not to mention Palm is giving us some nice hardware in the Pre that will be able to handle future software upgrades and features like Flash without blinking. Apple's iPhone is limited on memory and processing power so their version of flash might require iPhone v2 (iPhone 3G is really v1.1). Sprint isn't going to sell the phone and forget about us, we will be seeing some nice upgrades as the months go on.

I expect to see nice things come from WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    And NO iPhone support!! hahahahahaha!!!!
    an Adobe spokesman announced a few weeks ago that they are working on a special version for the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I'm also a little interested in this, personally (from Palm Pre to Receive Flash Support in 2009 - News and Analysis by PC Magazine ):

The new Adobe Reader Mobile offers re-flowable PDFs that let you read a PDF in an ideal layout both on your desktop and a mobile device. It also lets content creators attach DRM to their files to prevent unauthorized distribution, and reads files in the popular EPUB e-book format. It will be available on smart phones and e-readers such as the Sony Reader, but Amazon's Kindle 2 isn't on Adobe's list.
    Now, they don't mention which devices they're targeting, but one of the major flaws in trying to read PDF ebooks is that they're designed for a larger screen. If this new software comes out on the Pre eventually and can shrink PDFs down for the smaller screen, that'd solve one of my major problems with them.
    Damn... why can't we have our fun....
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm also a little interested in this, personally (from Palm Pre to Receive Flash Support in 2009 - News and Analysis by PC Magazine ):

Now, they don't mention which devices they're targeting, but one of the major flaws in trying to read PDF ebooks is that they're designed for a larger screen. If this new software comes out on the Pre eventually and can shrink PDFs down for the smaller screen, that'd solve one of my major problems with them.
    I highly doubt that it is possible to make software to dynamically reflow PDFs. I don't know a lot about ebooks, but I do know about PDF's. But I could imagine this possible with another type of e-book file, perhaps one yet to be named.
    With this Palm better make a commercial of the Pre being able to play Hulu videos. That would help sell this baby. I'm just drooling at the though of watching House, Fringe and more anywhere with the Pre.
    This will make the phone stand out above most competitors. Not surprised Apple is on it, but that's just one phone. The others will probably get their's in 2010
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    it looks like palm pre will support flash on launch according to palm's twitter
    http://twitter.com/palm/status/1874392966
    Flash for the camera not for the web browser. Adobe Flash supposedly end of year.

Pre's photo/video features: captures images, plays video, built-in flash.
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Based on the context of the rest of the tweet, it looks like they're confirming that there will be an LED flash for the camera.
    No, it was poorly worded, but they meant that there is an LED flash on the camera.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    great
    thread
    it wasn't poorly worded at all...

Context clues = grade school education.
    In the emulator video of the browser:
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-emulator-video

There is one thing that caught my eye. There are several ads on both xbox.com and nfl.com (Netflix, etc) that appear to be flash. Now, obviously, this could just relate to having a flash player on the computer itself, but it seems strange that Palm would implement it in the emulator if Flash wasn't already included on the Pre.

What are your thoughts? I'm going to post a comment on his video and see what he says.
    I'm pretty sure iPhone's Safari and even Opera Mini all work the same way, and think of it this way: it takes a screenshot of the website vs loading the website. You can see what the flash ad looks like, but it won't be animated or interactive.
    When I load up the NFL.com website on my computer and compare it to the youtube video, it appears as though the pre isn't loading the flash-related items. The items that are flash are the menu bar (with NFL draft result and rollover effects), and the large image slideshow that shows snippets of articles.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but try what I did to make sure I'm not missing something

edit: by not loading, I mean they're missing from the browsing experience completely. They're not loading like the items in opera mini would from a cached webserver.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Some of the more sophisticated websites substitute an animated GIF when flash is not detected.
    Any more news on this?
    Yes, anyone with a pre able to look into this. If not this would be a huge update for the first OTA