Page 199 of 233 FirstFirst ... 99149189194195196197198199200201202203204209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4649
    I'm just waiting for that delay press release. We're only a week and a bit away from 2H 2010.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I asked the guy at Home Depot and he told me it will be released in August to coincide with the new hardware. LOL
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Seriously guys..... get me an **** flash player!!!!!!!! I love this phone but it is a pain in the **** to have a phone that accesses the web with no flash player.
    I have 4 pre's in my household and with all the data plans included my bill is over 400 bucks a month, and while you (Palm) are not responsible for the rates that vz charge you did put out an os with NO FLASH PLAYER. Whats next a gameing console with no video? I bet xbox would make billions on that!

While others might see it as a minor hiccup some of us wonder why you (again palm) could be so shortsighted. I bought a brand new Chevy Cobalt ss and guess what? It has wheels and tires and windows and an engine and all the other cool gadgets that make it a car! It is a really really cool car and I want a really really cool os with a FLASH PLAYER!

I read the transcript from whoever it was talking about whatever is comeing in the next year for Palm and I didnt see anything in there about my @$^%#@ FLASH PLAYER!

Now go ahead and flame me if you would like, I dont care because when I started dateing my wife she had boobs, a **** and and a good job, she wasnt short on anything.......................well maybe a little common sense since she married me

PALM GET IT RIGHT, kick Adobe in the **** and hurry up, I have **** to watch!
    Last edited by jbg7474; 06/21/2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Keeping it family friendly
    How would you suggest that Palm force Adobe to speed up it's work in getting Flash for webOS done? Keep in mind that Adobe is a separate company that doesn't technically need a webOS version out there to help them survive. Palm is hardly in the driver's seat (to continue your car analogy). Palm gave you a car with wheels and tires and windows, but a full-blown version of Flash would be like a nav system: potentially very helpful but not necessary to make the car fulfill it's purpose.

I'm not trying to flame you but I'm curious about what you think Palm can do that will make Adobe get it done.
    Adobe is in the drivers seat here, not Palm. Palm is waiting on Adobe. Send an email to Adobe to get your point heard.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    omg I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that VZ charges you 400/month for four phones.

Sprint, I've said it before, but for the record once again: I LOVE YOU!
    (9 phns w unlimited data, text and ins on each line for 290.00)
    <Moved Thread>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    It's coming, they're working on it. But when it arrives, don't be surprised if it's slow and chews up the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    How would you suggest that Palm force Adobe to speed up it's work in getting Flash for webOS done? Keep in mind that Adobe is a separate company that doesn't technically need a webOS version out there to help them survive. Palm is hardly in the driver's seat (to continue your car analogy). Palm gave you a car with wheels and tires and windows, but a full-blown version of Flash would be like a nav system: potentially very helpful but not necessary to make the car fulfill it's purpose.

I'm not trying to flame you but I'm curious about what you think Palm can do that will make Adobe get it done.
    Well develpoing an os without makeing it compatible with a very very important piece of tech is a little short sighted imo. Palm probably cant do anything but crap rolls down hill so it starts with them!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    omg I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that VZ charges you 400/month for four phones.

Sprint, I've said it before, but for the record once again: I LOVE YOU!
    (9 phns w unlimited data, text and ins on each line for 290.00)
    Let me clarify a little, I had two phone service and my wife had two phone service before we met, we just recently got married and contracts are not up yet, seperate accounts hence the higher bill.
    I started off confused that the OP was mad that a phone didn't have flash, considering there are only a handful of current phones on the market that CAN run flash, and even then, its flash lite. To imply that your phone is less of a phone due to a browser plugin is nonsense basically. Can you make calls? Can you text? Can you IM? Can you do online banking? Can you store all of your contacts? Got a calendar? Set your own ringtones? Take pictures? Send those pics? What I'm clearly getting at, is the features I just named are more commonly associated as being "phone functions", not flash. I don't even need to repeat others, about how Palm has ZERO to do with not having flash on WebOS at this point. I'm sure you will remember that they enabled flash support in a previous update, although, based on your join date, I imagine you just got a Pre, and have done little to no reading on this subject. So, as I started out saying, I was confused at the OP mindset, but it all cleared up when I read he bought a cobalt SS. "Yes, I'll take the really fast, slow car, please. Good day sir"
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    Seriously guys..... get me an **** flash player!!!!!!!! I love this phone but it is a pain in the **** to have a phone that accesses the web with no flash player.
    I have 4 pre's in my household and with all the data plans included my bill is over 400 bucks a month, and while you (Palm) are not responsible for the rates that vz charge you did put out an os with NO FLASH PLAYER. Whats next a gameing console with no video? I bet xbox would make billions on that!

While others might see it as a minor hiccup some of us wonder why you (again palm) could be so shortsighted. I bought a brand new Chevy Cobalt ss and guess what? It has wheels and tires and windows and an engine and all the other cool gadgets that make it a car! It is a really really cool car and I want a really really cool os with a FLASH PLAYER!

I read the transcript from whoever it was talking about whatever is comeing in the next year for Palm and I didnt see anything in there about my @$^%#@ FLASH PLAYER!

Now go ahead and flame me if you would like, I dont care because when I started dateing my wife she had boobs, a **** and and a good job, she wasnt short on anything.......................well maybe a little common sense since she married me

PALM GET IT RIGHT, kick Adobe in the **** and hurry up, I have **** to watch!
    You, my friend, a freaking hilarious!
    Last edited by jbg7474; 06/21/2010 at 01:01 AM.
    dude it's just a phone flash or no flash this phone (our ) still sucks at times..

Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    I started off confused that the OP was mad that a phone didn't have flash, considering there are only a handful of current phones on the market that CAN run flash, and even then, its flash lite. To imply that your phone is less of a phone due to a browser plugin is nonsense basically. Can you make calls? Can you text? Can you IM? Can you do online banking? Can you store all of your contacts? Got a calendar? Set your own ringtones? Take pictures? Send those pics? What I'm clearly getting at, is the features I just named are more commonly associated as being "phone functions", not flash. I don't even need to repeat others, about how Palm has ZERO to do with not having flash on WebOS at this point. I'm sure you will remember that they enabled flash support in a previous update, although, based on your join date, I imagine you just got a Pre, and have done little to no reading on this subject. So, as I started out saying, I was confused at the OP mindset, but it all cleared up when I read he bought a cobalt SS. "Yes, I'll take the really fast, slow car, please. Good day sir"
    hah. i love how everyone's blazing the ignorant OP right now XD
    -first of all, that bill is OUTRAGEOUS
    -second of all. we're waiting on adobe, not palm. palm did its job. adobe has yet to finish theirs. they're more concentrated on google's androidOS rather than palm's webOS..unfortunately.
    -but honestly, when will you realize how slow, buggy, and..basically useless flash is. the web as we know it is getting rid of flash more and more each day and moving to html5, which SURPRISE our browser supports, and is made on. actually most of the things in webOS are based/made on html5 >.>
    -i could understand your complaints if there were actually other OS' supported by flash at the moment, but there are currently none, excluding flashlite. but who uses lite? i mean if flash is buggy as is, then imagine a beta release o.o
    -since when does a car need a nav system to function? never. so since when does a webOS device, or any phone for that matter, need flash player?
    -if you REALLY wanted your voice to be heard, you'd contact adobe, or even palm on this matter, coz right now you're only abusing the forums by complaining, not discussing. i say this as a fellow forum-er, contact adobe/palm via email. their devs should at least respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    hah. i love how everyone's blazing the ignorant OP right now XD
    -first of all, that bill is OUTRAGEOUS
    -second of all. we're waiting on adobe, not palm. palm did its job. adobe has yet to finish theirs. they're more concentrated on google's androidOS rather than palm's webOS..unfortunately.
    -but honestly, when will you realize how slow, buggy, and..basically useless flash is. the web as we know it is getting rid of flash more and more each day and moving to html5, which SURPRISE our browser supports, and is made on. actually most of the things in webOS are based/made on html5 >.>
    -i could understand your complaints if there were actually other OS' supported by flash at the moment, but there are currently none, excluding flashlite. but who uses lite? i mean if flash is buggy as is, then imagine a beta release o.o
    -since when does a car need a nav system to function? never. so since when does a webOS device, or any phone for that matter, need flash player?
    -if you REALLY wanted your voice to be heard, you'd contact adobe, or even palm on this matter, coz right now you're only abusing the forums by complaining, not discussing. i say this as a fellow forum-er, contact adobe/palm via email. their devs should at least respond.
    Abuse? Never. Venting? Maybe, more from a humorous take. I knew I would get this response, it is partially the reason I vented some of my frustration here while also adding a little sarcasm and humor which some of you non humorous forum goers took so literaly .

And the comment about the chevy cobalt ss really hurt my feelings guys, im now laying in the fetal position, sucking my thumb and crying as Im try to peck out this post. But really I love my pre just gotta work out some bugs, and yes I am a new pre owner and no I havent read every post ever posted here but I spend a good amount of time here........so bottom line is I love yall, Flame on ****ers!
    Why does a car need flash anyway?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    if your going to put a flame post up with no hint that it's 'a humorous take' then HOW do you expect people to respond in a funny, sarcastic way.

i don't enjoy when people make these types of flame posts & then mock those that try to help or explain things to you.

get off the soap box & allow some REAL help to be given here.
    Well develpoing an os without makeing it compatible with a very very important piece of tech is a little short sighted imo. Palm probably cant do anything but crap rolls down hill so it starts with them!
    Flash isn't a standard, it's a propietary technology. It's Adobe who has to make it WebOS compatible, and not the opposite...

You're completely wrong.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    we just recently got married and contracts are not up yet, seperate accounts hence the higher bill.
    I think I see the OP root cause of frustration.....I did the opposite recently and while other things went up in cost my wireless bill went down for sure..........lol
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    to the OP checkout the adobe antcipation thread you will get some idea wats going but at the moment we're all waiting 4 adobe nobody knows what's taking so long.....if your really ****sed and want to getat the bottom of this go to adobe forum and search for webos...goodluck