Page 198 of 233 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188193194195196197198199200201202203 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't know if that answered the question about who's in the know, you know? No, no-one knows - no one except Palm 'cause they may have said 'no' instead of Adobe saying 'no', no? I dunno.

Flash here now? No.
    Lol. This.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Adobe does have the working version, but I'm not sure why they are waiting so long. what if a user made their own Flash-Player, would that get them into trouble. There is enough developer genius on this site that could build a player in their sleep. Then we wouldn't have to keep waiting an unknown amount of time for Adobe to release the player.
    I'm sure there's enough genius, but I'm not sure that genius has enough time.

Making a run time environment isn't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a battery, or bounce too close to a Doctor and that'd end your Pre real quick, wouldn't it?

Sorry, I was just going to type the first part but I couldn't help myself.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I'm sure there's enough genius, but I'm not sure that genius has enough time.

Making a run time environment isn't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a battery, or bounce too close to a Doctor and that'd end your Pre real quick, wouldn't it?

Sorry, I was just going to type the first part but I couldn't help myself.
    Yeah your right. I would still risk the bugs to use a Flash-Player from one of the developers on this site though.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I suspect building a flash runtime would be very difficult - just look at gnash and swfdec, they have been in development for a long time now (years?) and not even close to complete. I want flash too, but I think we're gonna have to wait until Adobe release it (*if* they ever do...)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I can't believe how long they are taking to release even a beta of flash.

i guess they got ahead of themselves, when they showed a working video months and months ago.
    If they dont get it out in 2 weeks then they did not meet there own advertised deadline. If you type get.adobe.com in webOS browser, you get a message stating that Flash 10.1 is due out for webOS in the first half of 2010. Well the first half of 2010 ends on 6/30. So they got 2 weeks and 13 hours before their message is considered a lie.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What is up people
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtalkinguy View Post

My first guess would be the version he got running is an old v6 or something which has an API he probably wrote to.

Opera for the Wii has a version of flash written to an API, but have you ever tried it? It really sucks, and can't play half of what's out there right now.

Best bet would be to wait for Adobe no matter how slow they are, it would be a grand feat if anyone got flash without Adobe's direct help.
    Link

Found this today...so we must be close =)

A quick chat between ITWriting’s Tim Anderson and Adobe’s people at the Adobe Partner Conference in Amsterdam has revealed that Adobe is planning to release both Adobe Flash and Adobe AIR for the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system “months” after the Windows Phone 7 debut later this year.

Anderson notes that Flash for Android is just about primed and ready. For Palm’s webOS, it’s just about ready to go. For BlackBerry OS, things are apparently on-time, and for Windows Phone 7, it’s months away.

The usage of “months” is quite broad. We can’t say — and neither can Anderson — just how long “months” could be. It could, perhaps, mean the end of this year. On the other hand, it could mean early 2011.

We’ll keep an eye on things.
    they have 2 weeks to go before "first half of 2010" is over. Come on Adobe!!!
    I've always said that I believe they will wait for the next update 1.4.5 before releasing it to webOS. Lets see if I'm right (for the first time!)
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    they have 2 weeks to go before "first half of 2010" is over. Come on Adobe!!!

Adobe has pulled away from the first-half of 2010, and now just states that the player will be out in 2010. I'm wondering if Adobe was waiting to see how Palm was going to do this year before they released the Flash Player. Now that HP has bought Palm, then Adobe shouldn't have to worry about any investments in the webOS.

All I know is if the WebOS and Android can play Flash and the iPhone can't, that helps Palm and Google out in the long term. It means more developers who can build apps for those Mobile OS's. Apple's cockiness may be their downfall.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

At this point, I don't even care anymore. I've lived without it for nearly a year and I have a hard time seeing it not sucking when/if it finally comes out anyway. Screw you Adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    At this point, I don't even care anymore. I've lived without it for nearly a year and I have a hard time seeing it not sucking when/if it finally comes out an
    yway. Screw you Adobe.
    Amen, brotha
    Those are very insightful words, DrHeathenScum.

It is very hard to imagine it not sucking royally.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Adobe has pulled away from the first-half of 2010, and now just states that the player will be out in 2010. I'm wondering if Adobe was waiting to see how Palm was going to do this year before they released the Flash Player. Now that HP has bought Palm, then Adobe shouldn't have to worry about any investments in the webOS.

All I know is if the WebOS and Android can play Flash and the iPhone can't, that helps Palm and Google out in the long term. It means more developers who can build apps for those Mobile OS's. Apple's cockiness may be their downfall.
    Apple doesn't need to worry anything. Adobe is the one that messed it up alot. I heard the review that with flash enabled Froyo's web browsing, it does slow down. And alot of flash game playing on touch screen isn't really that enjoyable anyway. Plus, even with flash enabled, you can't still watch Hulu anyway, Hulu blocks the mobile streaming.
    <<Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Good article. Doesn't state anything new though.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3