Page 194 of 233 FirstFirst ... 94144184189190191192193194195196197198199204 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 4649
    Adobe has 3+ weeks to release Flash 10.1 for webOS before they lose whatever credibility they have left with the webOS community.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    "Adobe announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress here Monday that Flash Player 10, which is the full version of Flash that runs on PCs, will be available on smartphones running Windows Mobile, Google's Android, Nokia S60/Symbian, and the new Palm operating systems. Devices with Flash Player 10 are expected to hit the market starting in early 2010."

Flash 10 coming to most smartphones in 2010 | 3GSM blog - CNET Reviews

Link to Adobe's Press Release!!!
    The fact that the person couldn't even remember the name, WebOS, sums up Palm to me.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Adobe has 3+ weeks to release Flash 10.1 for webOS before they lose whatever credibility they have left with the webOS community.
    Hahaha... yeah, I'm sure they're concerned with that 1% of the market bound to get Flash. C'mon... WebOS is a mere experiment for them. If anything, they're supporting it to show Apple that everyone else is with them and they should be too. They don't really care.
    EVO isn't released yet but they were able to put 2.2 there. Don't tell me that's after you have to hack the Android, because Pre also has to put Preware to make it work properly. I am sure soon android community will find the way to put 2.2 on Droid and Droid Incredible, maybe it's already done.
    mikah912: H264 is not open.. not too sure who told you that. MPEGLA deals with licensing for H264, it just so happens that right now for web use it is license free. But you are kidding yourself if you don't think that will change should HTML5+H264 become the standard. Suddenly licensing fees could get passed onto the user and content providers instead of Adobe fronting the cash for licensing h264.

Taking this further, I'll give you a guess on two of the major patent owners of h264 are.. Yep, the two companies exclusively pushing HTML5+H264, Microsoft and Apple.. They directly have something to gain from h264 adoption, a lot of money...

Don't be a sucker, HTML5 is the way to go, but don't be fooled for a second into thinking H264 is open. Mr Jobs has alternative motives here.. (not that I'm surprised, I just can't believe how many people are eating it up)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Translation: Please stop bugging us for information. It will be out soon™
    Was this said before or after HP announced the buy-out of Palm? I'm really worried by a lot of the articles I have been reading over the merger. It seems like HP might just ditch PDA's and focus on tablets. Yeah, go from carrying a tiny Pre to a tablet book! That's going to be so much better! But HP bought out Compaq; so bad ideas are always a possibility.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Was this said before or after HP announced the buy-out of Palm? I'm really worried by a lot of the articles I have been reading over the merger. It seems like HP might just ditch PDA's and focus on tablets. Yeah, go from carrying a tiny Pre to a tablet book! That's going to be so much better! But HP bought out Compaq; so bad ideas are always a possibility.
    I understand your thoughts on this, but I can assure you that HP is not getting out of the smartphone market. Apple has proven the market's desire for expanded functionality beyond 'mobile' with the mobile device as the hub to access and run everything HP has said they want to branch out into.

I don't want to go into the whole HP thing since this thread is about Flash. And on the Flash end, I believe it is still on track to be released to webOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    I seem to do just fine grabbing MPEG-4s off my Tivo on the rare occasion I want to watch a show on a device other than the large television I spent way too much money on.

Streaming flash to my battery-challenged-3.1-inch-screen phone doesn't sound appealing honestly.

--Matt
    Actually I wouldn't call pulling shows off of the Tivo legal...

But I'm still hoping flash will be surprisingly good, especially with all the development time gone into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I understand your thoughts on this, but I can assure you that HP is not getting out of the smartphone market. Apple has proven the market's desire for expanded functionality beyond 'mobile' with the mobile device as the hub to access and run everything HP has said they want to branch out into.

I don't want to go into the whole HP thing since this thread is about Flash. And on the Flash end, I believe it is still on track to be released to webOS...

I hope your right. I hate it come companies change their products and services for the worst. I also hope the WebOS Flash player comes out soon. I'm tired of waiting. They can give me a buggy Beta, but just give me some player to play with. I'll take the risk.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Don't really need it, but I WANT it, where's my FLASH!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Actually I wouldn't call pulling shows off of the Tivo legal...

But I'm still hoping flash will be surprisingly good, especially with all the development time gone into it.
    Pulling shows off the Tivo is absolutely legal, and a built in function of the Tivo Series 3 - it's software is designed to respect the content distributors 'no-copy' flag. If the flag is present, you can't pull the shows off - if it's not present, copy away. It's been a feature of the Tivo since way back, it's called TivoToGo.

There's a desktop client that links up to the Tivo and copies the shows off. Now of course there are other ways to get whatever you want off the Tivo, but they're too much trouble for me, the built in system works fine for my needs.

http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/product-f...-go/index.html

--Matt
    Last edited by mpfef; 06/05/2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Adding a link.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Shouldn't flash have come by now. All the hype is about android getting it. What about webos?
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    We still have 23 days by my count until we can officially complain.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Your right. Ill delay this thread for 23 days. lol
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    wonder if it drops with 1.4.5 lol
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    <<Merged Thread>> ....into the "isn't Flash here yet" mega thread
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    just got of the phone with adobe they say it's here...
    and on this link you can find videos with the palm pre and other devices...
    playing games and running flash sites

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/mobile_demos_fp10.1.html

and then there's the download link where you can find the links to all platforms but palm...

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

they say it's as a dev version now free to download can someone find it?
    I am searching with my palm pre no computer on the hand but I'm pretty shure theady from adobe said it's now here for the palm pre...

people the day has finally arived
    Seriously? Wow, very cool I am off to search on my lappy!
    fp 10 is not available yet - these videos just demonstrate it's in the queue.... Maybe we will see it soon, who knows?
    it hasnt arrived yet
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!