Page 193 of 233 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183188189190191192193194195196197198 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm no techno wizard, but I was reading something online yesterday that said it appeared Adobe Flash was in decline while HTML 5 seems to be rapidly on the way up. I have no idea what the programs really do, but it seems that HTML 5 is likely to supplant Adobe Flash. Given that, should we really pushing for Adobe Flash? Can the Pre support HTML 5 (whatever that is). Maybe those with more tech savvy can give some insight into this. Steve Jobs also commented that's one of the reasons they bypassed Flash for their iPhone and iPad.
    Was the Author's name Steve, by chance" :grin:

I think Adobe is it's own worst enemy on this. I wonder if they make enough money to get their head in the game or if it's just an ego/image thing that makes them even try. I also know that any efforts they are making are mostly for Google, who agreed to build Flash into their upcoming Chrome Operating system... so the have Flash by the short ones.

Does anyone know how much revenue and/or profit Flash contributes to Adobe's financial? They sure seem to be treating it like the runt of the litter, and actually proving Apple's point better than Jobs does...
    And, as I always say, what I want is hulu.com, netflix.com, and slingbox. I don't care if it's Flash, HTML5, or whatever. That means it has to support DRM for whatever it is. It also means those services will have to get licenses for mobile distribution, and that will result in paying a subscription fee for use on phones IMHO.

Does anyone know of a good streaming server I can use to just stream h.264 from a TV tuner in a PC? It's been a while since I've did this... Maybe a service like Orb or Joosed?
    HTML5 isn't really the issue. H.264 is the open video codec that is at the point of contention here, and while it CAN replace Flash for video streaming, it will probably not replace the video content people most want to watch.

Why? Because Flash is DRM-friendly, and H.264 is not. Plain and simple. The only workaround currently is for sites like Hulu and Netflix to make a dedicated app to stream their video in. Of course, this leads to the "walled garden" approach that AOL first introduced. Now, Apple is essentially doing the same to the mobile Internet: A walled garden" where you can enjoy "freedom from ****" and other assorted bits of nonsense. (EDIT: Apparently, the mods here want to give you the same freedom?)

Whether you love or hate Flash, there's no reason that your platform of choice shouldn't have THE OPTION of running it.
    i personally think we should have flash..along with the option to turn it off
    Nope - don't want it, don't need it. The only things I would want it for are video streaming of TV shows, but Android, iPhone and BlackBerry and Symbian all deal with that by having a dedicated stream - less system intensive, less battery usage and less likely to suffer slow-down.

I still think it's nice to have the option for users that want it though. I just can't see any use in it for me personally.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Yes we need flash I used the EVO and its browser was great with full flash content
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    then again...there's the iphone that EVERYONE still likes, develops for, and well..isnt gonna give up.
    so since jobs said he wasn't gonna allow flash for the ipod/pad, a drastic change in internet sites have changed their content to html5, so....if we have it, we wont really be using it much :/
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    LOL, so now we should support Flash because it enables DRM?!? LOL, LOL, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    LOL, so now we should support Flash because it enables DRM?!? LOL, LOL, LOL.
    Good luck streaming the TV shows/movies you like online legally without it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    AFTER COUNTLESS INQUIRIES INTO FLASH FINALLY COMING TO WEBOS I GOT THIS RESPONSE FROM ADOBE PLATFORM PRODUCT MARKETING DIVISION.

"Thank you everyone here for your continued interest in Flash Player 10.1 on WebOS. Please do not get mislead by information that Adobe or Palm are not working on this release anymore. Rest assured that Adobe and Palm continue to work actively together and are bringing Flash Player 10.1 to WebOS as quickly as possible. At present, the integration work between the Player and WebOS is undergoing extensive testing to ensure we deliver a high quality implementation. More news will be made available as we get closer to launch."

Manu S Anand,
    Flash Platform Product Marketing

see: forums.adobe.com/message/2861843
    That's great news! I'm still not getting my hopes up haha. It'll be here eventually.
    shouldn't WE be the ones doing the beta testing??? just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    shouldn't WE be the ones doing the beta testing??? just sayin'
    That's what I thought... We'd iron out all the bugs pretty quick
    Yes... great news... aaaaand launch is around when exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes... great news... aaaaand launch is around when exactly?
    October 2009. Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by apostle25 View Post
    AFTER COUNTLESS INQUIRIES INTO FLASH FINALLY COMING TO WEBOS I GOT THIS RESPONSE FROM ADOBE PLATFORM PRODUCT MARKETING DIVISION.

"Thank you everyone here for your continued interest in Flash Player 10.1 on WebOS. Please do not get mislead by information that Adobe or Palm are not working on this release anymore. Rest assured that Adobe and Palm continue to work actively together and are bringing Flash Player 10.1 to WebOS as quickly as possible. At present, the integration work between the Player and WebOS is undergoing extensive testing to ensure we deliver a high quality implementation. More news will be made available as we get closer to launch."

Manu S Anand,
    Flash Platform Product Marketing soon

see: forums.adobe.com/message/2861843
    Translation: Please stop bugging us for information. It will be out soon™
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    LOL... ryley's lightning fingers once again strike while I'm typing.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    pahahahaha
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Good luck streaming the TV shows/movies you like online legally without it.
    I seem to do just fine grabbing MPEG-4s off my Tivo on the rare occasion I want to watch a show on a device other than the large television I spent way too much money on.

Streaming flash to my battery-challenged-3.1-inch-screen phone doesn't sound appealing honestly.

--Matt