Page 192 of 233 FirstFirst ... 92142182187188189190191192193194195196197202 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 4649
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    So when we get flash on Pre would we be able to listen to radio websites which asks for flash????
    ^^Technically yes. So long as you don't see Hulu like practices of filtering connections by device type.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    This may set a record. Approximately 230 Flash threads were just merged.

Please put all future Flash posts in this thread until someday when Flash is real.

I will begin holding my breath now.

Maybe not.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    This may set a record. Approximately 230 Flash threads were just merged.

Please put all future Flash posts in this thread until someday when Flash is real.

I will begin holding my breath now.

Maybe not.

- Craig
    Oh, that explains it. I saw this thread pop up on the 'New Posts' page and I was like "How did I never see this thread with almost 4000 posts before?"

Thanks though.. This will keep the forum less cluttered
    230 is all? That seems like a low # to me. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    great idea..
    Adobe now has 29 days to release Flash in time.

But we all know that probably won't happen...
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It's possible....
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    If works like in Android, I prefer not having it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kweku View Post
    Will we ever have the ability to watch movies on Palm Pre?

There are already several options to watch movies on the Pre. You can download movies onto your Pre, go to websites like ovguide.com. There are apps like MyQ in the app catalog. Flash will be used for websites that have games, tv, movies or other content that use it. So, we already have the ability to watch movies on the Pre. You just have to search.
    "02/16/2009, 12:13 AM
    Adobe Flash 10 CONFIRMED For the Pre!!"

This is far beyond pathetic...
    I'm no techno wizard, but I was reading something online yesterday that said it appeared Adobe Flash was in decline while HTML 5 seems to be rapidly on the way up. I have no idea what the programs really do, but it seems that HTML 5 is likely to supplant Adobe Flash. Given that, should we really pushing for Adobe Flash? Can the Pre support HTML 5 (whatever that is). Maybe those with more tech savvy can give some insight into this. Steve Jobs also commented that's one of the reasons they bypassed Flash for their iPhone and iPad.
    There are very likely some things that Adobe does that HTML5 will not. Whether or not one "needs" Adobe will depend on which of those features are needed.
    Yeah, Steve Jobs said in an interview (just yesterday, I believe) that the main reason they have chosen HTML5 over Flash was that HTML5 is on the rise and Flash is on the decline. Even though I'm not particularly a fan of Apple, he's probably right. And I'm not particularly upset or impatient that we don't have it yet on webOS.

Having said that, there's still a *lot* of Flash content on the web, and it's annoying that occasionally I'd like to see a video or a website that uses Flash. I still believe we should get it sometime in the next few months, and that it will be a nice (not necessary) addition to webOS.
    Yes webOS definitely supports HTML5 - that is the standard that provides some of the core functionality in many webOS apps.

Was the site you were reading by chance an Apple fan site? Since Steve's infamous blog post, it seems that Apple fans are now totally anti-Adobe. There are thousands of already developed sites, games, videos, and other rich internet content that are powered by Flash. Yes, it may not be bleeding edge technology, and it may not be perfect, but if we can have it, why not? Having extra access to online games, movies, music, and other media doesnt seem to me like it would have too much downside. So yes, I am still interested in getting Flash on webOS.
    Flash is used by most people for video. HTML5 can replicate that. The advantage is that it's an open standard that *anyone* can implement. Which does not leave users beholden to Adobe's abilities to make a client.

So personally, I applaud anything that can replace a closed standard with an open one. HTML5 seems suited to be able to do that for video.

Perhaps HTML5 can't do that for games or other flash uses. Fine. If HTML5 can replace flash for video, that's a major improvement. At that point, I would not need flash.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    Yes webOS definitely supports HTML5 - that is the standard that provides some of the core functionality in many webOS apps.

Was the site you were reading by chance an Apple fan site? Since Steve's infamous blog post, it seems that Apple fans are now totally anti-Adobe. There are thousands of already developed sites, games, videos, and other rich internet content that are powered by Flash. Yes, it may not be bleeding edge technology, and it may not be perfect, but if we can have it, why not? Having extra access to online games, movies, music, and other media doesnt seem to me like it would have too much downside. So yes, I am still interested in getting Flash on webOS.
    Flash completely bricked my computer, corrupted half of the permissions on the machine and nearly sent me back to the stone age. On my PC it is a necessary evil for now, but I will gladly be the first to take up it's replacement and I have no plans to let it touch my phone's OS. Webos has enough speed and battery issues as is for me to put buggy ****ty flash on it. And Btw even though I got my computer running again flash keeps randomly crashing and randomly slowing my machine whenever it does. Bleh.