Page 190 of 233 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180185186187188189190191192193194195 200 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4649
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'd really like to listen to live365 on my Pre. I've been waiting for flash since launch just to see if flash will enable my Pre to do this. Having access to video online would be nice too, but I'm not sure if any of the online TV "stuff" will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Those phones with snapdragon processors do not have a dedicated GPU like the Pre and even the Motorola Droid. 3D games do not perform well on them at all and actually run a bit slow. If flash on the Pre could take advantage of the GPU that would be great.
    Um, wow. That is just factually incorrect. The snapdragon runs an AMD GPU that is faster than the one on the Pre and Droid. The iPhone still has a faster processor though.

As far as games goes, Gameloft just released 10 games for android.

Top BlackBerry Games, SmartPhone Games - Games for Windows Mobile, Android | Gameloft
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Here is a really good thread about the GPU's in various devices: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...html#post83611

they have an integrated graphics solution. It is not dedicated like the pre and many people are complaining that games like asphalt lags on their nexus one but runs smooth on droid. It all depends on the level of 3d graphics.
    Um, the snapdragon uses an ATI Z430 chip, while the pre uses a PowerVR SGX 530. I am not sure how you are differentiating integrated versus dedicated since both chips are soldered onto the boards of both phones.

Also, the ATI Z430 chip is newer that the PowerVR SGX chip, which probably means drivers are newer as well. A bad driver can kill a GPU. The ATI Z430 is a faster chip by pure horse power measurements. However, it may not be optimized.

One is dedicated and one has to use the CPU. That's the difference.
    You need to explain that more since both chips I listed are GPU chips that are present in addition to the ARM8 CPU in both phones.

Oh, and I want to point out that the current 10.1 beta does not fully use the phone's GPU (at least from what I have read/heard). It should end up performing better.

Wow wow wow guys before we start talking about GPU accelerated flash I think we should get a GPU accelerated UI first...
    GPU accelerated UI will never happen because the web is not GPU accelerated.
    Not entirely true. WebGL is in development and flash is showing that you have hardware accelerated items in webpages.

At the current stage of things GPU accelerated web is not possible so no GPU accelerated GUI. Is that better for you? Flash is a plugin. Android does not use the GPU for the UI either. Webos just needs to be optimized.
    I think both Android and the iPhone OS use the GPU for their OS, in particular for their transitions, I could be wrong.

If someone more knowledgeable than me could pipe in, but can't web browsers access the GPU when running HTML 5 code? If so, then WebOS could be optimized to use the GPU.

RELAX.

"One web, any screen: See the Flash Platform in action on the Dell 5" tablet, Dell 12" smartbook, Palm Pre, Nexus One, Motorola Droid, and and HP Mini 311 Netbook."

From the folks at Adobe. Article added on 04/02/2010

fyi I can't post links yet... soo... copy, connect the two parts of the link and paste this..

tv.adobe.com/watch/ flash-platform-in-action/flash-brings-the-web-to-life
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    andriod and webos are both based on linux. It wouldn't be hard to port over.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I agree... I don't 'need' it per say, but it will be a very nice addition to the experience! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm certainly not going to be upset if it keeps getting bumped back.
    I am.

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I want the flash on my phone. Wish adobe announce something about pre so I don't have to wonder rather it's going to happen on my pre or not. And where is Skype on Pre? I really need this program more than anything.
    Try google talk. You have to get an invite, but it's a voip like skype, not sure too much about it as I still haven't received my invite. google?
    It's in file coaster and prob preware too.
    Our company uses Skype, that's why I wanted it bad.
    Palm WebOS got the ball rolling on Flash for Mobile Phones and then they got shafted by not getting it first.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Palm WebOS got the ball rolling on Flash for Mobile Phones and then they got shafted by not getting it first.
    Exactly, and now they have to bring it to WebOS and make it better then the android version
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Thought you would like to take a look at this Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch: the full interview -- Engadget

at 5:30 they ask him flash and webos....i really dont like the answer and his follow up comment that android will be first. Urgh!
    Last edited by seven2k; 05/26/2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Dude android already have flash now!
    I'm thinking we will get it in 1.5 this fall
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Umm on 2.2 and 2.2 is in testing. For mobile devices!
    You know? There are too many post here about Flash and WebOS.
    BUT - there also are not enough!! It needs to get Done!! and we all need to be clamoring about it!!
    Now I HATE the fact that so many sites use flash for videos!
    I I mean, come on already! Why doesn't flash make at least some use of the GPU rather than killing most systems more than 3 days old processing the vids with the CPU!?!? Just Very Very Poor Planning!
    BUT since so many sites DO uses flash for Vids, then WEBOS must be able to to view those Vids and that means WebOS has to have the dreaded flash!!
    Oh well. Nothing to see here! DO NOT READ THIS POST!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    You know? There are too many post here about Flash and WebOS.
    BUT - there also are not enough!!
    We've already had our flood of "Where is Flash?" threads months ago. I'm glad it's calmed down now