Page 19 of 233 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    S219, donatom3, oddlou:

Thx guys, I appreciate the information! It's good to know that the main reason we don't have, stated more correctly, a "seamless video web experience" on the Pre is that no adequate application provides this for mobile right now, and also that my assumption that 'all we need is flash' was incorrect due to #1.

I'm coming off of a few years faithfully using a Treo 700p, so I thought by the time we get something visionary like WebOS, this functionality would be resolved. I'd heard some of the Android phones have it, but didn't know it's not very good. So there you go...

Now I can feel better knowing it's not due to shortcomings on the part of Palm... Doesn't mean I can't still wish for a "seamless video web experience, though..
    Palm and Blackberry are both trying:

Palm Joins Adobe Flash Project for Palm Pre webOS Flash Support
    What many don't understand is having the option to turn it off is far better than no option to turn it on.

No telling when it will come to the Pre or if it will even be useable. I've always felt a stand alone app to open flash in was a better solution than trying to run it in a bare bones browser. Clck play and it loads in the app instead of having to worry about sharing resources.
    Last edited by Aridon; 08/06/2009 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    What many don't understand is having the option to turn it off is far better than no option to turn it on.

No telling when it will come to the Pre or if it will even be useable. I've always felt a stand alone app to open flash in was a better solution than trying to run it in a bare bones browser. Clck play and it loads in the app instead of having to worry about sharing resources.
    A stand alone Flash app is probably what we're going to see. Adobe has made the decision to stop trying to reinvent the wheel every time a new OS comes along, or to sit by while multiple half-hearted "standards" get pushed out. Rather than working on an a Pre specific version of Flash (by either Palm or Adobe), they are working together on the Open Screen Project

So, you can believe the folks actually involved with development of both Flash and the Pre, or, you can just take the word of the guy that doesn't have a dog in the hunt, that it's going to happen "when hell freezes over".

Personally, I'm betting we'll be seeing what's been promised.
    October is when flash is to come to the Pre.
    I have heard October/November too. However, I have also heard that Apple will be left out of getting flash on their iPhone/iPods.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Not left out. Adobe already had flash working for the iPhone a long time ago. Apple won't let it on the device....
    Android OS is catching hell with flash..... Very buggy and no where near optimal.
    I heard october with a new flash, hopefully eventually we'll get mobile hulu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchroni1 View Post
    I heard october with a new flash, hopefully eventually we'll get mobile hulu!
    Hulu is the main reason I want flash on my phone. It may be choppy on most phones right now but I would almost prefer that to none at all.... Almost....
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Android OS is catching hell with flash..... Very buggy and no where near optimal.
    That's because the HTC Hero is currently running Flash 9. Flash 10 is coming out sometime this fall (Oct/Nov?) for mobile devices.
    I wouldn't mind having flash implementation to applications...but I would most likely disable flash content for websites. However seeing most people want flash so they can watch their shows. Just do what I do...

Setup a Media Center PC, record your shows, use ORB to stream it (MCEBuddy to transcode for direct Palm Pre Playback). However Orb for the Pre is craptastic at best and am patiently waiting for updates or kinoma free play to get off their butts and port their software for crying out loud.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Flash on my nokia e71 is actually pretty usable. Nokia even strips it way down for even 'lesser' phones

Adobe - Mobile and Devices Developer Center: Flash Lite Development for Nokia Handsets

Forum Nokia - Flash Lite
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    ...am patiently waiting for [...] kinoma free play to get off their butts and port their software for crying out loud.
    It's not possible until webOS supports native apps. Currently webOS only supports web app/widgets, like the iPhone did before it get a proper developer SDK.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Is it possible to get flash on the Pre?
    Sure CAmera has Flash it's to the Right of the Shooter button.
    But the other Flash won't be out until later in the Year from all records. Try a Search there are many topics on it.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    So no phone in the US currently supports flash inside the browser (as far as I know). The HTC hero does, but from what I've seen, it hardly works.

Does anyone know if the pre will support flash sometime in its future? and would it perform any better than the hero does?

There are so many web pages out there that have flash integrated into them somehow and I don't see why It wouldn't be possible for adobe to cook something up to allow access on the pre.

Am I crazy? Or is this something that has been planned and I just missed it?
  17. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    Am I crazy? Or is this something that has been planned and I just missed it?
    It is planned and you missed it.

xtn
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hurray.
    No one knows whether the flash support will be more optimized than the HTC Hero's implementation or not.
    october is supposedly adobe will release it.